OP garyd9

24th April 2012, 06:41 AM   |  #51  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Pittsburgh, PA
Thanks Meter: 2,164

2,083 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceelos09

Was about to post the same. Seems we're "likely" to get ICS, the question is just "when?"

I already answered that question in the OP of this thread. Hopefully I wasn't being overly optimistic.

It is nice that samsung has finally, in some official form, announced that ICS will come.
24th April 2012, 07:46 AM   |  #52  
USA
Thanks Meter: 305

1,710 posts
More
The 7+ WILL be upgraded to ICS. This should be true to both the wifi and 3G versions.
From Samsung:

"SEOUL, Korea – March 13, 2012 – Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd., the global leader in Android™ smartphones, today announced the availability of Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) software upgrade for GALAXY S II. The upgrade will begin in the European countries including Poland, Hungary, and Sweden, as well as Korea today and gradually roll out to other markets. Android 4.0 ICS software upgrade for GALAXY Note, GALAXY SII LTE, GALAXY R, GALAXY Tab 7.0 Plus, 7.7, 8.9, 8.9 LTE and 10.1 will follow soon."

REF http://www.samsungmobilepress.com/20...or-GALAXY-S-II

What is interesting though is that there has been ZERO leaks for the 7.7 or 7+. In fact there has been also zero leaks for the Galaxy Note as well (the only leaks came from China for the chinese model and one for the AT&T model, but nothing for the global model).
Looks like Samsung got a pretty good handle on how they do stuff and how to stop the leaks.
The Following User Says Thank You to clubtech For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th April 2012, 09:30 AM   |  #53  
Thanks Meter: 285

1,006 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyd9

I already answered that question in the OP of this thread. Hopefully I wasn't being overly optimistic.

It is nice that samsung has finally, in some official form, announced that ICS will come.

Yeah, I did see that. Being a long time Samsung user, I've come to expect that from them. It took them 6 months just to get us Froyo, and 8 Months for GB. The only thing that's keeping me with my current Samsung Phone is the wonderful CM/AOSP support from our (XDA) Devs.

Honestly, I could care less if Samsung releases this tomorrow, or 6-8 months+ like my phone. As long as we can get a stable AOSP variant, I'll be good

Although, that's probably very well just "wishful thinking".

Nevertheless, locera and aorth have been doing a wonderful job of porting CM9 thus far.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium
Last edited by Ceelos09; 24th April 2012 at 05:14 PM.
24th April 2012, 03:02 PM   |  #54  
Thanks Meter: 6

46 posts
ICS is coming soon
http://www.engadget.com/2012/04/24/i...msung-devices/
The Following User Says Thank You to r0ck09 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th April 2012, 05:36 PM   |  #55  
Flag Nonthaburi / Bangkok
Thanks Meter: 80

628 posts
More
Yes "Soon"

Still waiting
24th April 2012, 05:52 PM   |  #56  
Thanks Meter: 9

72 posts
As a minimalist user who only needs a music player, streaming radio tuner, ebooks, a web browser, netflix, and the occasional crossword puzzle I ask again...

Why do I want ICS?

I'm happy with what I've got. Very happy.

Other than the ability to tinker like garyd9, what is it that you lot don't have that ICS is going to give you?
24th April 2012, 07:50 PM   |  #57  
Thanks Meter: 88

430 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtfm1777

As a minimalist user who only needs a music player, streaming radio tuner, ebooks, a web browser, netflix, and the occasional crossword puzzle I ask again...

Why do I want ICS?

Other than the ability to tinker like garyd9, what is it that you lot don't have that ICS is going to give you?

this is xda-[b]dev[/] forum.. it doesn't make sense to ask such a question on this kind of forum i i think..

anyway.. i should stop hoping since their last update on ICS status for anything other than the s2 brings no date what-so-ever.
24th April 2012, 08:15 PM   |  #58  
Thanks Meter: 9

72 posts
Just a general question... in the General forum.
24th April 2012, 08:41 PM   |  #59  
Thanks Meter: 370

1,208 posts
More
Quote:

Why do I want ICS?

check yourself
http://www.differencebetween.com/dif...ream-sandwich/
The Following User Says Thank You to tzacapaca For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th April 2012, 09:13 PM   |  #60  
Flag Fresno, CA
Thanks Meter: 249

1,185 posts
More
Quote:

Why do I want ICS?

I really want the lockscreen music player for Google Music. That would be rad, I don't like having to unlock my device to just change the track.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread