[HOW TO] Fix the "Low on space" problem (in plain English)

OP soniclude

16th April 2012, 12:29 AM   |  #61  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkpod

hey, i think you are in a boot loop.

i think you can take your battery out, put it back in, hold down the volume down and the power button. i think that should take you back into clockworkmod recovery. and then you can reboot from your saved rom backup?

It worked! Of course I was trying not to flip out while it was rebooting and still was unsure of everything.

All I can say is I hate not being technology literate. It takes 4x or more longer to figure things out and that's a maybe.

Thanks for the quick response and the help.

---------- Post added 16th April 2012 at 12:29 AM ---------- Previous post was 15th April 2012 at 11:50 PM ----------

One other question. I got the "Low On Space" problem fixed. Thanks a lot.

It looks like the S is in the 'On' position. Would I need to have it 'off' to take off the bloatware and to use my phone as a tether. If I do what would I need to do?

I did see the thread for 'root 2.3.4 downgrade, and s-off', but was kind of overwhelmed about what to do since I have done some if it.

Thanks again.
16th April 2012, 01:09 AM   |  #62  
Thanks Meter: 42

577 posts
I'm in the same boat. I am going to sit on my root and not worry about s off or anything else for a while. Maybe I will install cyanogenmod 7, see how that is. No rush.

I'm glad that I helped! Very surprised that I could, in fact. Good stuff.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
18th April 2012, 02:28 AM   |  #63  
Flag Metro Detroit
Thanks Meter: 31

151 posts
More
Excellent! My wife has been getting this error on her Incredible for ages. It will be great to fix it for her. Now, if I can just port her phone poor of her hands...

Saludos,
Steve

Sent from my Nook Tablet using XDA
18th April 2012, 03:15 AM   |  #64  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 4,218

7,884 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseGamaliel

Somebody has the same issue? after flashing the zip i cannot use correctly the compass sensor, for example in SkyMaps app.

Not sure if this question has been answered but in case it hasn't I'll summarize.

The included kernel (gingertiny 10/15) doesn't have the best compass support - it's a port - but if you flash a later release (on page 1 of the development thread) it should take care of it.
22nd April 2012, 10:36 PM   |  #65  

4 posts
Dinc
OK, I followed all the instructions, and kept getting an error message "Failed to get root". Now my Incredible just boots to the white HTC Incredible screen and nothing else. I searched and tried some recommended fixes but the seem to be for rooted phones and I don't believe the root was successful.

Any help please.
23rd April 2012, 08:18 PM   |  #66  

2 posts
Trying to do this on my POS Incredible and I can't even open/download the first link in the instructions... it opens to a blank white page. I am ready to throw my phone out the window if I can't get this to work! Help?

On a MBP.
24th April 2012, 01:38 AM   |  #67  
Flag Michigan City, IN
Thanks Meter: 923

3,138 posts
Donate to Me
More
Its not you all i get is a white page too. However i have alternative links for those files.

Cwm recovery 5.0.2.0
http://dinc.does-it.net/Recoveries/C....0/PB31IMG.zip

Unrevoked 3.22
http://dinc.does-it.net/Unrevoked/Unrevoked_3.22.exe
24th April 2012, 01:41 AM   |  #68  
Flag Michigan City, IN
Thanks Meter: 923

3,138 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddyinc

OK, I followed all the instructions, and kept getting an error message "Failed to get root". Now my Incredible just boots to the white HTC Incredible screen and nothing else. I searched and tried some recommended fixes but the seem to be for rooted phones and I don't believe the root was successful.

Any help please.

What radio are you on.
What hboot?
What android version is the phone on or should be on?
24th April 2012, 07:39 AM   |  #69  

1 posts
URL issue
I have a issue I'm at step 8 and I have the version 2.3.4 but when i click on the link it pulls up the website but there is nothing displayed on the page at all. Any recommendations or advise?
24th April 2012, 04:53 PM   |  #70  

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmlusco

What radio are you on.
What hboot?
What android version is the phone on or should be on?

I just reflashed Gingerbread back to stock. And I have tried again, and it is doing the same exact thing. Except Unrevoked said "done" but the phone was stuck on a black screen with white borders, and if I try to boot the phone back up it just loops to the white htc incredible screen.
Last edited by bigdaddyinc; 24th April 2012 at 05:57 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread