Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,743 Members 43,042 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][6.35][32A/32B?] FroyoDragon 0.8.1 (29 Apr 2012) :D

Tip us?

darkguy2008
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 223

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tass0s View Post
oh nice, i will flash it today and see finally the new installer
so what about ext partitions? does it support them? ext3 or 4??

EDIT: wow, aroma installer is awesomelly neat!!
EDIT2: i can't get past froyo installer, first time it reboots for theme all normal, and then it initiallizes then installs some *.apk (yes asterisk) and then i tries to install the theme again and suddenly procces vending force closes, and the name of the proccess is some russian letter. I have flashed it twice btw.
Awesome

Well, ext support for now is basically the same found in the base ROM (Cronos Froyo). I haven't investigated yet how to include ext4 support and from what I know it supports the ext partitions that can be created using CWM recovery. I plan to do it before 1.0 that's for sure, but remember I don't have my Magic anymore so I have to wait until I get a new one to update again

Hm, that sounds weird, try installing it again but choosing the Stock Froyo option, that should work and then I'll look into what's happening with the FroyoDragon Experience. Thanks for the heads up and sorry for the inconvenience!
Quote:
Originally Posted by akaSurfer View Post
in the past MyTouch 3g (T-Mobile, usa)
sapphire pvt 32B s-off
hboot-1.33.2010
radio-2.22.28.25

DIDNt work for me. hboot or radio. there was loop reboots after install was complete.
May be problem because of recovery.Mine was amon ra 1.7.0.
saw advice for 32a phones should be carz cyan recovery.
Was about to try amon ra 1.7.0.cyan, but did wrong thing, now cant enter HBOOT (Power+Vol Down and Power+Back no help, dam)
and dont have any rom installed on the phone. feel bad

never flash hboot 1.33.2005 over 1.33.2010 and so on i guess.

Any ideas how to get access to HBOOT or enable it somehow????????
Well, for 32B Amon_Ra 1.7.0 is okay as other people have had success with it. About the bootlooping, it's generally a kernel issue :/ I'll look around for the person who had success in running the ROM and ask him which kernel did he use.

On the other hand, if you can't get into fastboot then the only solution is JTAGging it. That happened to me once and I had to send it through mail to get it fixed. Sorry
Current devices:
ZTE Grand X V970M ["Mimosa X"]
B&N Nook Simple Touch

Previous devices:
HTC Magic 32A (stolen) - FroyoDragon ROM developer
Motorola Defy+ MB525 (sold)

akaSurfer
Old
Thanks Meter 6
yep found JTAG option as well as the only way in that case. need to find anybody in brooklyn who got it or prob buy it. if u know cheapest JTAG device available to manipulate w MT3g, let me know plz.didnt try Dragon fly that day hope next if wont get a new cell ))
thank for rom man anyway

---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 PM ----------

p.s. what bout that kernel
auto-boot-2.6.35.14-farmatito-pershoot-ds+-20110802???
did it job when i put BananaBread 3.1. (flashed after rom installation). cell was slowing down actually, but no problems around driving it on that rom.

darkguy2008
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 223

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by akaSurfer View Post
yep found JTAG option as well as the only way in that case. need to find anybody in brooklyn who got it or prob buy it. if u know cheapest JTAG device available to manipulate w MT3g, let me know plz.didnt try Dragon fly that day hope next if wont get a new cell ))
thank for rom man anyway

---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 PM ----------

p.s. what bout that kernel
auto-boot-2.6.35.14-farmatito-pershoot-ds+-20110802???
did it job when i put BananaBread 3.1. (flashed after rom installation). cell was slowing down actually, but no problems around driving it on that rom.
There are lots of guides (by ezTerry and/or CM guys) on how to JTAG the cellphone and fix the problem. I had lots of problem finding the electronic parts here 'cause of my country but you might have -way- more chance than me.

Guide: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/wiki/HTC...26_Magic:_JTAG

About the kernel, I dunno really, I haven't got a 32B nor somebody with one, it seems my country only got 32As, and those who have reported the ROM to work okay didn't specify which kernel did they download. Farmatito's kernel is pretty good on 32A, dunno how does it performs on 32B, but if you say it was a tad slower then hey, I assume I could give it some improvements once I get a 32B or someone with one to do some testing for me

Good luck reviving the Magic though, it's a very robust device so I'm sure you'll be able to. If you ever decide to do it yourself, take SPECIAL care on the JTAG points as some cellphones seem to come with resin on all the 4-5 points which, if you're not careful enough you might end up having a big paperweight, -however- if it only has resin in one or two, it's way better, just be careful
Current devices:
B&N Nook Simple Touch

Previous devices:

ponsfrilus
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default HTC Magic 32A

I manage to have it worked on a HTC Magic 32A

but the home button was not working that was prohibitive for me. Sorry!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20120420_125807.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	254.5 KB
ID:	1016758   Click image for larger version

Name:	copy of IMG_20120420_125807.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	1016769  

tass0s
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponsfrilus View Post

you put theme aswell?
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S II GT-I9100
[COLOR="rgb(65, 105, 225)"]ROM[/COLOR]: Chameleon
[COLOR="rgb(65, 105, 225)"]Kernel[/COLOR]: Apolo JB

darkguy2008
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 223

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponsfrilus View Post

Hmm, home button won't work until the installer had finished installing. Did you wait until it rebooted? or did it reboot and tried to re-install everything again?

If it didn't work after it finished installing or it went back to re-installing everything again then it means GoLauncher wasn't installed (or other apps).
Current devices:
B&N Nook Simple Touch

Previous devices:

ponsfrilus
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkguy2008 View Post
Hmm, home button won't work until the installer had finished installing. Did you wait until it rebooted? or did it reboot and tried to re-install everything again?

If it didn't work after it finished installing or it went back to re-installing everything again then it means GoLauncher wasn't installed (or other apps).
OK, noted. I will try that next time I installed it. I probably missed a reboot.

Thanks for your remarks.

askrulous
Old
(Last edited by askrulous; 22nd April 2012 at 07:30 PM.)
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkguy2008 View Post

About the kernel, I dunno really, I haven't got a 32B nor somebody with one, it seems my country only got 32As, and those who have reported the ROM to work okay didn't specify which kernel did they download. Farmatito's kernel is pretty good on 32A, dunno how does it performs on 32B, but if you say it was a tad slower then hey, I assume I could give it some improvements once I get a 32B or someone with one to do some testing for me
I'll give it another try when I get a chance...being too busy enjoying doreanx's versions of froyos!

Update: still no joy...tried 3 kernel, 2 farmatitio and 1 ezgb froyo kernels, got to boot animation with farmatitio and splashscreen with ezgb...but no boot up. Nice installer by the way! Also tried to find ratking kernel mentioned by iltis but couldn't find it, so....if you know of any you think I should try please let me know and I'll give it another go.

Sent from my HTC Magic using XDA App
Black magic
White magic
Huawei u8180

Huawei y300
Samsung galaxy tab 3 8.0 wifi

yuanlin0823
Old
Thanks Meter 1
It's really exciting to know you're back for the Froyo Dragon, darkguy2008.

I haven't got enough to try it on my device this time, so I'd just wait as 0.7 for your comment to encourage us to install this updated 0.8

Thanks for the great work you've brought to us.

tass0s
Old
Thanks Meter 19
so did any others succesfully flashed 0.8?? i haven't got time to flash it now maybe the day after tommorrow.
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S II GT-I9100
[COLOR="rgb(65, 105, 225)"]ROM[/COLOR]: Chameleon
[COLOR="rgb(65, 105, 225)"]Kernel[/COLOR]: Apolo JB

Tags
6.35, dream, froyo, magic, rom