Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,865 Members 44,827 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC Radar Cases

Tip us?

yzep450
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Hey Ventanatips Re: Rock Case for Radar

It says thats a gel case, though it looks like hardplastic. Which is it? I hope its the hard plastic as the gel gets hung up in your pocket when taking it in and out.

---------- Post added at 12:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 PM ----------

It says this is a gel case though it looks like hard plastic. Which is it? I hope hard plastic as the gel gets hung up getting the phone in and out of your pocket.

princedwi
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I just bought the Incipio Silicrylic, which is basically a silicone insert and a polycarobonate back, and it feels so so sturdy now. Definitely worth having the peace of mind even though it makes it a tad bit bulkier.

Phoenix Undone
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Incipio also offers the feather style hard case. It is thin and fits the curves of the phone well. I had one for my old iPhone and it was amazing! It's $25 but it's well worth the money. The only negative is that it only really protects the backside, and partially the sides.

xda45
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I got one of those TPU S-Line cases for mine off of Ebay.

I find they fit and feel a bit better than the regular TPU cases and they're only a couple of bucks if you don't mind the longer ship times when ordering from sellers in China.
The Following User Says Thank You to xda45 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Phoenix Undone
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by amapeen88 View Post
So far, I got 4 different cases for my radar. I attached images with cases on and off the phone.

From left to right, links are:

http://www.amazon.com/EMPIRE-Green-S...=5336653508-20

http://www.ebay.com/itm/220892678796...84.m1497.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Soft-Plastic...item45ff4d3fcc

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300631479961...84.m1497.l2649

First one is silicon case that picks up lint and dirt like crazy which is the reason why I got the second one. The second one I like the lease because it covers all the buttons but there are no grooves or moldings for the buttons outside the case so you can't tell where the buttons are by just touching the case + buttons are hard to press. I got the last two at the same time and I am liking them the best. Buttons are easy to press and doesn't cover up the background microphones on the back..
I recommend the clear case. I bought it and it took a while to come from China, but well worth it.

The only problem that I have found is that the light from the flash shines through the case and gives pictures a bright glow.
GSIII SGH-T999
UVDMD5

X_g_v
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I really recommend the rubberize snap on hard case, brought a white one from this seller on ebay, it cover that plastic part in the front of the phone ans the whole side without blocking any of the buttons. Cant post link: but the seller name is moderntechs.

kbagrows
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I have been really happy with a white/clear case purchased on Amazon. I have both a black and white case, and think the white looks a ton better.

http://www.amazon.com/Amzer-Silicone...5283218&sr=1-5

I really like the consistency - I think its about perfect. Not too ridgid, but not too flexible. IMO, the Radar is a little bit slippery, and I love the feel of this case.

The case covers the camera button, volume rocker, and power button, but fits them perfect. It does not cover the camera or the flash, and there are small holes cut out for the mic and back speaker. Any questions re the case, let me know.

DarkSeL
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbagrows View Post
I have been really happy with a white/clear case purchased on Amazon. I have both a black and white case, and think the white looks a ton better.

http://www.amazon.com/Amzer-Silicone...5283218&sr=1-5

I really like the consistency - I think its about perfect. Not too ridgid, but not too flexible. IMO, the Radar is a little bit slippery, and I love the feel of this case.

The case covers the camera button, volume rocker, and power button, but fits them perfect. It does not cover the camera or the flash, and there are small holes cut out for the mic and back speaker. Any questions re the case, let me know.
I have that but don't use it. It isn't tight enough for my liking. It sticks to all kinds of dirt.. AND it makes the Radar more slippery when I take it out of the case!!!!!!!!!!

I just ordered another one, http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o00_s00_i00 , hopefully it's good. It looks good.
Current Devices:
HTC Radar 4G ^ Windows Phone HD2O (RTM Edition) ^
Acer Iconia Tab A500 ^ ICS 4.0.3 ^
iPod Touch 4G ^ iOS 6.0 ^

X_g_v
Old
(Last edited by X_g_v; 25th July 2012 at 03:46 AM.) Reason: Edit Picture link
Thanks Meter 0
wanted to share these pictures I took of the two cases I got off of eBay *TPU BLUE CASE* and *Red Rubberize Backcase* for the HTC Radar.

I really prefer the Hard Rubberize cases they feel more sturdy and stylish

Robby921242
Old
(Last edited by Robby921242; 10th August 2012 at 04:15 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by xda45 View Post
I got one of those TPU S-Line cases for mine off of Ebay.

I find they fit and feel a bit better than the regular TPU cases and they're only a couple of bucks if you don't mind the longer ship times when ordering from sellers in China.
Me too, this case is fantastic and also cheap. I bought a S-Line cover also for a Lumia 710 and fit perfectly. Around 3-4 $ on eBay.