Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,562 Members 37,647 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] 4G Xoom APN settings

Tip us?

ShaneMA
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Lightbulb [Q] 4G Xoom APN settings

I have a very peculiar situation. A few weeks ago I called Verizon's prepaid department and started the process of getting month to month 4G data on my Xoom. When it came to the activation step on the xooms end, it kept coming up as already activated but wouldn't let me access any other page besides the activation page. The VZW rep said there was nothing else she could do for me. About a week later I was swapping the 4G sim card from my HTC Rezound into the Xoom and vice versa. Just for kicks, I powered on my rezound and to my surprise I was getting access to data on it with the xooms sim. Seeing as how the sim works in my phone and not the tablet, I figure that there must be some way to change the APN settings on the Xoom to mimic my phones. Does anyone have any suggestions?

bigrushdog
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 6051

DONATE TO ME
Are you stock? If so root and flash EOS and see if it works. I'm curious about this.

markawashington
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I have the same problem I'm on stock rom I went to the verizon store I went through 3 sim cards and new line. Still will not activate . I bought it of someone who had it rooted before he sold it to me and returned it to stock rom. I updated it from 3.1 all the way to 3.2 and still no help. I going to ship it to Motorola to see I'd they can fix the problem.
Tags
apn, change, rezound, verizon, xoom