XDA Xposed Tuesday: Modify the Look of Your Volume Control – XDA TV

How many screenshots have you seen with a volume status bar in the … more

Prepare Your Nokia X2 for Battle with Nokia X2 Tools

Unveiled in June this year, the Nokia X2 is the Finnish companys second crack at an … more

Increase the Speaker Volume of Your Samsung Gear 2 with Tool and Tutorial

I think its pretty safe to say that any sound coming out of a … more

Unlock Hidden Camera Settings on Your Moto G

At one point in time or another, weve all gotten very fiddly with the camera settings on our … more

Newton Rings on LG Optimus Black Touchscreen

24th April 2012, 04:43 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 43

311 posts
Hi,

I notice that when I touch the screen I see strange colors- like rainbow bubbles under the screen.
Is it normal or not? if you touch your screen, do you also see like rainbow distortions on it - like oil spots? (newton rings)
Do you suggest me to ignore it or take it to LG and ask them to replace/fix it?(my phone is 7 months old)
Last edited by ohadz; 5th May 2012 at 03:30 PM.
24th April 2012, 05:08 PM   |  #2  
Flag tijuana
Thanks Meter: 65

501 posts
More
that is a normal thing, but you shouldn't be pressing like that the screen :/
it's Liquid Cristal Display = LCD so it is normal to see those colors when screen is pressed, but stop pushing it XD you can damage the screen
The Following User Says Thank You to Felsar For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th April 2012, 05:27 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

311 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felsar

that is a normal thing, but you shouldn't be pressing like that the screen :/
it's Liquid Cristal Display = LCD so it is normal to see those colors when screen is pressed, but stop pushing it XD you can damage the screen

Lol, thanks for the information, I thought this way but wasn't sure.

but what if I also see those strange colors even when I press not very strong on the screen but normal+ ? Should I take my phone to repair? (it's free for me, lol)
24th April 2012, 07:01 PM   |  #4  
Flag tijuana
Thanks Meter: 65

501 posts
More
I think so, it might be a defective LCD, and if its free you should do it... I mean it's somehow normal [because of the liquid cristal] but if that happens whit normal pressure then is not that normal...
24th April 2012, 07:29 PM   |  #5  
Flag Vacoas
Thanks Meter: 273

1,198 posts
More
Maybe the gorilla glass (the one you touch, not the LCD) is softer/looser than normal and not rigid enough... I noticed a softer/thinner Gorilla Glass on the Black than other devices.. Quite annoying sometimes, it makes the device feel fragile or cheap XD

Sent from my LG-P970 using XDA
28th April 2012, 08:20 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

311 posts
Did someone also notice that when applying little pressure to the screen, like an oil spot appears and in some spots the screen feels flexible when touching it a bit stronger?
It looks like this: (It happens only when I touch the screen a bit stronger than normal)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	problemtouch.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	1028696  
Last edited by ohadz; 28th April 2012 at 08:31 AM.
28th April 2012, 10:49 AM   |  #7  
Flag Vacoas
Thanks Meter: 273

1,198 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohadz

Did someone also notice that when applying little pressure to the screen, like an oil spot appears and in some spots the screen feels flexible when touching it a bit stronger?
It looks like this: (It happens only when I touch the screen a bit stronger than normal)

Mm it does happen but not that large and when it happens it gets back to normal quite instantly.. Could be a counterfeit OB lol... I always knew that the Gorilla Glass was not normal on OBs.. you should go to an LG service or somwthing like this to get it checked.. It shouldn't be like that, at least wheb applying a small pressure

28th April 2012, 01:35 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member

311 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIIstpM

Mm it does happen but not that large and when it happens it gets back to normal quite instantly.. Could be a counterfeit OB lol... I always knew that the Gorilla Glass was not normal on OBs.. you should go to an LG service or somwthing like this to get it checked.. It shouldn't be like that, at least wheb applying a small pressure

Ok, thanks for replying, now I know that my OB is not the only one with this defect.
I already sent my OB to repair when it had other problems in the screen and they didn't replace it with a new OB
now I'm going to send it again to my Cell provider and I'll ask them to replace my defective OB under LG's manufacturer Warranty.
Any ideas how to convince them to replace my defective OB with a new one and not only replace the digitizer or lcd screen?
5th May 2012, 03:11 PM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member

311 posts
Posted by a mistake
sorry
Last edited by ohadz; 5th May 2012 at 03:22 PM.
5th May 2012, 03:13 PM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member

311 posts
Posted by a mistake
sorry
Last edited by ohadz; 5th May 2012 at 03:22 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread