Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,359 Members 39,938 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Hyperion 3500mAh Extended Battery and Cover

Tip us?

buhohitr
Old
Thanks Meter 1,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetaOrbit View Post
Where, by chance, did you buy the OEM extended battery cover? I've not yet been able to find a reputable [appearing] site that has it in stock.
Buy it from Verizon, it's cheaper than everywhere else ($10) and in stock.
http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/s...essoryId=47552
The Following User Says Thank You to buhohitr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wolverine38812
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I just got an extended battery for my charge, its the trexcell extended battery the other one that amazon sells and I just wanted to say its working great. I'm still conditioning the battery but its very promising, my phone has been up for 12 hr. Now and it down to 40%... already much more battery life than stock battery

Sent from my GT-P6210 using xda premium

Jugger naut
Old
(Last edited by Jugger naut; 22nd March 2012 at 03:43 PM.) Reason: Can't spell
Thanks Meter 150

DONATE TO ME
Default It grows on you

I've had the ext batt and cover (Hyperion) for few months and I loved the batt right off the bat but the cover took me a bit.
Ted A makes some excellent points nice write up
Here are a few more

+ I've got big hands (I can palm a medicine ball lol) and the extended bump along with the grabby case make handling the phone much easier. Stock its like trying to hold a wet watermelon seed.
When setting on a smooth surface and using the screen (playing a game mostly) it doesnt fly across the table and onto the floor, the smoother the surface the grippier it is.
I left the phone on my lap and jumped out of my truck. It did a half gainer onto the asphalt with absolutely no damage. Thank you Hyperion.

- It doesnt fit in any car or desk cradles that I've tried Guess thats par for the course.
As Ted said the physical buttons are covered and the small indents are undetectable at least by my sausage fingers. It also negates the back lighting on the buttons.
The grip turns it into a tug of war sometimes when it comes time to get it out of your pocket, especially when sitting down. The neighbors might think your playing a violent game of pocket pool and tell the kids "get inside now"

All in all I wouldnt give up either, I forgot the cover at home one day and realized how good of a job it does. I handled the phone very carefully the extra weight and my track record for smashing small expensive and delicate things made me uneasy. Once you get used to it you wont want to go without.

wolverine38812
Old
(Last edited by wolverine38812; 23rd March 2012 at 12:16 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Got the oem extended cover in today [ https://www.techiewarehouse.com/Prod...C-994EBZB-J022 ] and I must say its much much better than the after market cover that comes with the extended battery. Every place I looked were sold out, the site there is the only place I could find... after Googling for ever, its in stock as of the time of this post

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1332452642088.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	960419  

Jugger naut
Old
Thanks Meter 150

DONATE TO ME
Thumbs up Holey Schmidt!

I can never leave anything alone/stock, sometimes it works sometimes I have to throw it away before anybody sees how bad I screwed up a perfectly good ________ you fill in the blank.

Keeping up with tradition I got tired of not being able to tell what button was what when I had my case on my phone. So I broke out my trusty paper hole puncher and carefully punched out holes were the symbols were on my phone case....see pic. Works grrrrreat! I can tell which button is which even with my mechanics gloves on. Plus you can now see the buttons when they light up. If anyone is daring enough to try this make sure you clip the holes on the high side (best if the top of the hole is touching the line at the top of the button. The buttons centers are a little higher than the markings on the case.

bigjonmoo73
Old
Thanks Meter 14

DONATE TO ME
I also have a 3500mAh extended battery and the life on it is awful. I do have med-heavy usage on it, but there is no way it should only last 6 hours or so... Any suggestions or is it probably some crap battery?

wolverine38812
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjonmoo73 View Post
I also have a 3500mAh extended battery and the life on it is awful. I do have med-heavy usage on it, but there is no way it should only last 6 hours or so... Any suggestions or is it probably some crap battery?
Return it, get another, the one I have with low usage lasted over 24 hours ... with normal use it will last me the whole day 13+ hr.

Jugger naut
Old
Thanks Meter 150

DONATE TO ME
I'd recalibrate your battery first there is a sticky about it if I'm not misstaken do a search if you can't find it.

bigjonmoo73
Old
Thanks Meter 14

DONATE TO ME
Which battery do you use? I want one that will work legitimately. I can't stand only having 6 hours on a 3500mAh battery or any batter for that matter! Thanks!

wolverine38812
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjonmoo73 View Post
Which battery do you use? I want one that will work legitimately. I can't stand only having 6 hours on a 3500mAh battery or any batter for that matter! Thanks!
I have the trexcell 3500mah brand off Amazon, its works great as long as you condition the battery as the instructions say. My phone says it has 30.52hr when the battery its fully charged. That if you don't touch the phone at all, but it will last me 12 -15hr with normal use.