This my first post, so I'll try to be short and to the point.
I just bought an sim-free HTC Radar (7720) from Expansys Japan, hoping to make a present to my Spanish mother. To my surprise, although my Japanese IS12T WP7 had several languages including Spanish, the HongKong market Radar Expansys sold me only has English and Chinese.
Since then I've been desperately trying to get a way to add Spanish display language. Found this thread on xda and thought I was saved.
Being a noob I did read every single post in the 85 pages before trying anything, unfortunately I still can't get Spanish display menu...
Here is what I did:
1) Checked I had latest Zune software (I'm running W8 CP 64bit)
2) Updated the radar up to 8107 through Zune (first 7740, then 8107).
3) Downloaded and installed WP7_update_tool
4) Downloaded and extracted WP7_Update_Cab_Sender
5) Downloaded all the Spanish language update cab files (1 for Nodo, 2 for Mango), and added them to the WP7_Update_Cab_Sender folder
6) Run the bat file, then choose "B" for backup+update
7) After a while, and a few restarts both the Update utility and the phone showed the message "Update successful".
I then went to change my display settings and found out that I still only had English and Chinese available...
Is there something I missed? Do you have any suggestions?
Right now the only thing I can think about is that maybe I shouldn't have used Zune to update. Should I try to roll back to 7740 with Zune, then update to 8107 using the Cab_Sender instead?
Thanks in advance.