FORUMS

What Do You Think About Fingerprint Scanners?

More and more phones are featuring fingerprint scanners, and with many promising … more

What’s Next for Samsung and Its Flagships?

If we were to say that the Galaxy S6 was a leap of faith made by Samsung, we … more

The Ultimate Showcase of dBrand Skins

In the search for ways to protect, accessorize, and personalize; a user has many options. One … more

Huawei’s Rapid Rise to Third Place in the Smartphone Race

Huawei has quickly grown to become one of the world’s biggest … more

 View Poll Results: what would you consider this rom to be

pre-alpha
 
4 Vote(s)
5.63%
alpha
 
15 Vote(s)
21.13%
beta
 
42 Vote(s)
59.15%
stable
 
7 Vote(s)
9.86%
other
 
1 Vote(s)
1.41%
crap
 
3 Vote(s)
4.23%

[MIiui.us]MIUI/ICS port [unlocked] 5/19/2012

4,280 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,413
 
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
24th April 2012, 05:39 PM |#1611  
Member
Flag Detroit Area
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Question Downloads and Themes
I think a lot of people may be trying out Joker's Kitchen Sink installer which makes it even easier to bounce around between ROMs. So a lot of people could still be using what is essentially your build, just not downloading from your repository.

Now on to Themes. OOPS. Well not really oops, I knew it was a risk but I tried to install a theme with the Themes app. Well it kinda-sorta worked, but some elements (in particular, text colors) don't get changed. So white buttons which should have black text are coming up with grey and are unreadable.

I've tried re-flashing, but it won't change the resources back. The boot screen and color scheme don't change, but it does appear the ROM installs properly.

Anyway suggestions on getting back to "normal" without wiping?

Oh, and to all you guys who are working so hard on the Photon ROMs, Installers etc. a big thank you.

..Rob
 
 
24th April 2012, 05:59 PM |#1612  
Th3Bill's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Where I Am
Thanks Meter: 9,184
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitbearmi

I think a lot of people may be trying out Joker's Kitchen Sink installer which makes it even easier to bounce around between ROMs. So a lot of people could still be using what is essentially your build, just not downloading from your repository.

Now on to Themes. OOPS. Well not really oops, I knew it was a risk but I tried to install a theme with the Themes app. Well it kinda-sorta worked, but some elements (in particular, text colors) don't get changed. So white buttons which should have black text are coming up with grey and are unreadable.

I've tried re-flashing, but it won't change the resources back. The boot screen and color scheme don't change, but it does appear the ROM installs properly.

Anyway suggestions on getting back to "normal" without wiping?

Oh, and to all you guys who are working so hard on the Photon ROMs, Installers etc. a big thank you.

..Rob

Kitchen Sink is a project by Joker along with Spleef and I....LOL We've probably spent a good 60-80 hours working together on it. I'm actually porting the bits for CNA into the Atrix version right now...LOL

As far as the theme...if I read right, you're having issues with it not going back. What you can try is to manually change the parts of the theme in the theme app....go in, and rather than try to reapply the entire "stock" theme at once, select the option to theme the parts (notfication, lockscreen, etc), and select the stock one from each.
The Following User Says Thank You to Th3Bill For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th April 2012, 06:43 PM |#1613  
Member
Flag Detroit Area
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Thanks Bill! That worked perfectly. The dedication you guys put into these projects are amazing.
24th April 2012, 06:56 PM |#1614  
Th3Bill's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Where I Am
Thanks Meter: 9,184
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitbearmi

Thanks Bill! That worked perfectly. The dedication you guys put into these projects are amazing.

I only know it because I had same thing happen a few builds back. I was like "Oooh....maybe Themes are fixed.....Uh oh....Nope"....LOL

We try to keep it moving along. We want everyone to be able to enjoy their phones to the fullest
The Following User Says Thank You to Th3Bill For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th April 2012, 04:47 AM |#1615  
bytethegroove's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Berwyn, IL
Thanks Meter: 164
 
More
brown theme coming soon, hoping to test in the am and then post screenies, IM hopin this one comes out nice
peace
byte
25th April 2012, 04:50 AM |#1616  
spleef's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag port arthur, texas
Thanks Meter: 4,413
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bytethegroove

brown theme coming soon, hoping to test in the am and then post screenies, IM hopin this one comes out nice
peace
byte

I'm sure it will all the others have been outstanding

project kitchen sink
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1603595
MIUI/ICS for the Photon
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1536161
CNA for the Photon
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1607279
AOKP for the Photon
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=25230524
CM9
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1567880
Blur
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1506250
The Following User Says Thank You to spleef For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th April 2012, 05:23 AM |#1617  
EggSpawn's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Tacoma
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Sorry guys, been super busy with work and girlfriend.

One bug I think... is with the kick stand. It freezes the phone completely. And have to pull the battery. (Which sucks with an otter box)

Sent from my MB855 using XDA
25th April 2012, 05:40 AM |#1618  
bytethegroove's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Berwyn, IL
Thanks Meter: 164
 
More
strange, my kickstand works. just tested it.
wish I knew how to help...
have u tried to wipe cache and fix permissions?
also try to capture a log
alogcat is a free maket app..give it a whirl
peace
byte
The Following User Says Thank You to bytethegroove For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th April 2012, 05:42 AM |#1619  
Th3Bill's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Where I Am
Thanks Meter: 9,184
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bytethegroove

strange, my kickstand works. just tested it.
wish I knew how to help...
have u tried to wipe cache and fix permissions?
also try to capture a log
alogcat is a free maket app..give it a whirl
peace
byte

We need a logcat....Byte's right
25th April 2012, 01:46 PM |#1620  
Lancerz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Riverdale, Ga
Thanks Meter: 326
 
More
Is it possible to edit your contacts in the people app in MIUI?
25th April 2012, 03:53 PM |#1621  
Member
Flag North Liberty
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancerz

Is it possible to edit your contacts in the people app in MIUI?

Should be. I think the edit icon is in the upper right.

I did find that I had to go in through the people app and not through the phone dialer.

Read More
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm9, miui, miui photon, miui/ics, motorola photon
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes