Android 5.0 Favorite Features, Release November 3rd? – XDA TV

Google Confirms Android 5.0 Lollipop for November 3rd! That and much more … more

Prepare Your Build Machines: Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn Now Official

Today is an important day for any and all Linux enthusiasts. One of the … more

Track the Time You Waste on Social Media with Socials Addict

When you use your phone, you often don’t even realize how much time you … more

Document the Story of Your Social Life with 8tory

The different forms of social media are growing every day. It’s hard to imagine a day … more

New Wifi Tether (integrated Charge profile)

OP Det0natoR

23rd April 2012, 07:10 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 19

66 posts
Just wanted to inform everyone that there is a new version of Wifi Tether that has native support for our Charge. This is not my work, I simply wanted to share this update with everyone!

Version 3.1 Beta 14

http://code.google.com/p/android-wif...downloads/list

Edit: Unchecking "WiFi-driver reload" yields me the best results...everything else is on auto.
Last edited by Det0natoR; 23rd April 2012 at 04:07 PM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Det0natoR For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th April 2012, 05:27 AM   |  #2  
Flag New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 51

542 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Det0natoR

Just wanted to inform everyone that there is a new version of Wifi Tether that has native support for our Charge. This is not my work, I simply wanted to share this update with everyone!

Version 3.1 Beta 14

http://code.google.com/p/android-wif...downloads/list

Edit: Unchecking "WiFi-driver reload" yields me the best results...everything else is on auto.

Very interesting... Have you checked the DL speeds--are you getting 3G or 4G speed?
24th April 2012, 02:26 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 14

55 posts
More
I tested this out yesterday. Works fine. I didn't do a speed test but it connected and ran smooth with the charge setting. The only downside is that wifi would not work until a reboot after turning it off.
24th April 2012, 02:50 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 71

204 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mromblad

I tested this out yesterday. Works fine. I didn't do a speed test but it connected and ran smooth with the charge setting. The only downside is that wifi would not work until a reboot after turning it off.

I used it and didn't have that problem. Did you uncheck the setting mentioned in OP? Also this is the way I installed it: uninstall previous version (I also wipe data with Titanium), reboot, install new version and setup way listed in OP, start and stop wifi tether, reboot again. Whether coincidence or not, thats how I did it and I can start and stop at will. Hope it helps for you.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using XDA
Last edited by indyssee; 24th April 2012 at 02:54 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to indyssee For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th April 2012, 03:14 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 14

55 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by indyssee

I used it and didn't have that problem. Did you uncheck the setting mentioned in OP? Also this is the way I installed it: uninstall previous version (I also wipe data with Titanium), reboot, install new version and setup way listed in OP, start and stop wifi tether, reboot again. Whether coincidence or not, thats how I did it and I can start and stop at will. Hope it helps for you.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using XDA

thanks, missed that line in my excitement, works great now.
24th April 2012, 05:59 PM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Atlanta, GA
Thanks Meter: 3,095

3,413 posts
Donate to Me
More
They've released this version on the Play Store as well. I just tested it and it works wonderfully, as long as you uncheck the Wifi driver reload option. As an above posted mentioned, I did have to reboot my phone after I installed to get it to work correctly. I also cleared my old Wifi Tether settings from Superuser and let it create new ones.
The Following User Says Thank You to shrike1978 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th April 2012, 07:57 PM   |  #7  
Flag New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 51

542 posts
More
Interesting indeed... I will have to Speed Test from my tethered PC later today to confirm 4G speeds. The project description still says "3G" without mention of 4G...

Sent from my SCH-I510 using xda premium

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread