Pushbullet Universal Copy/Paste Availabe for Linux, Mac OS X

Pushbullet is one of those useful utilities that once installed, permanently … more

Enable the Hidden Notification LED on the Google Nexus 6!

LED notification lights have existed on Android devices since the very beginnings … more

MX Player Ready to Rock on Lollipop

A good video player should be reliable and free. One of the XDA Community Apps, MX Player, meets both of … more

How to Disable Data Encryption on Nexus 6

In late September, Google decided to step on NSA’s toes and turn on encryption by default in … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Running seraphim and keep getting wifi errors

OP Smerleau

24th April 2012, 07:13 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
Hello,

First and foremost, I'm loving this rom. I'm a noob and getting my hands dirty figuring all this out.
Now with that said:
When I try to connect to my wifi network it keeps saying authentication error occurred. I have tried everything and the only thing that fixes it is restoring my backup to my stock rom.

Please help!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium
24th April 2012, 08:56 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 615

2,893 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smerleau

Hello,

First and foremost, I'm loving this rom. I'm a noob and getting my hands dirty figuring all this out.
Now with that said:
When I try to connect to my wifi network it keeps saying authentication error occurred. I have tried everything and the only thing that fixes it is restoring my backup to my stock rom.

Please help!!!!

I will say 90% of the people in here will say it is not the rom. just because theres seems to work. and i tend to agree. what have you tried to fix it? besides going back (to Stock). i have not had any issues with WiFi on Serephim yet, so i can not say what a fix would be. maybe wipe your cache's. when i had that issue on GB i had to reinstall the kernel and boom it worked. but seeing as though we do not have one yet for ICS. i would say wipe and worst case reinstall the from after a very Thurough Wiping Process.
24th April 2012, 10:25 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by the2rrell

I will say 90% of the people in here will say it is not the rom. just because theres seems to work. and i tend to agree. what have you tried to fix it? besides going back (to Stock). i have not had any issues with WiFi on Serephim yet, so i can not say what a fix would be. maybe wipe your cache's. when i had that issue on GB i had to reinstall the kernel and boom it worked. but seeing as though we do not have one yet for ICS. i would say wipe and worst case reinstall the from after a very Thurough Wiping Process.

I have wiped cache a few times and I just downloaded another rom and got the same issue.. The only time it works is on stock GB

24th April 2012, 10:30 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 615

2,893 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smerleau

I have wiped cache a few times and I just downloaded another rom and got the same issue.. The only time it works is on stock GB

Then if your into flashing right now, just try either the superwipe.

Or this is how i wipe.

I factory default/format usb from inside the rom.
I wipe factory/data from cwm
i wipe cache partition from cwm
i wipe delvik from cwm
then i flash "Rom" and reboot.

this leaves nothing from previous roms and or Gingerbreak roms.

try that and see if it works. if not then i am out of ideas until a kernel source is released.
24th April 2012, 10:47 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
Ok i will try that and see if it works...

Thank you!!!

24th April 2012, 11:00 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by the2rrell

Then if your into flashing right now, just try either the superwipe.

Or this is how i wipe.

I factory default/format usb from inside the rom.
I wipe factory/data from cwm
i wipe cache partition from cwm
i wipe delvik from cwm
then i flash "Rom" and reboot.

this leaves nothing from previous roms and or Gingerbreak roms.

try that and see if it works. if not then i am out of ideas until a kernel source is released.

I fixed it.... USER ERROR.. I Don't want to admit this but I was entering the wrong password and my old Rom had the password saved so I never had to enter it...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread