[ROM][VIEW][GB] DeSensed-View GB Edition- V1 - 4/24/2012 (NO longer supported)

23rd April 2012, 06:04 PM   |  #31  
Flag Indianapolis, IN
Thanks Meter: 40

82 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spartan1987

@grafixnyc let me know if I can contribute in any way or if we can team up to make aosp a reality.

Sent from my PG41200 using XDA Premium HD app

BIG word up!

Sent from CWM Recovery of my Evo View 4g...because I just might brick this things trying to get beats to work...how stupid.
24th April 2012, 12:39 AM   |  #32  
Thanks Meter: 54

181 posts
So, I didn't get the Flyer pen until I was already on Honeycomb, and I hear that the Pen functionality is greatly reduced in Gingerbread. However, I can't seem to determine exactly how it is reduced. Does this mean that most apps will completely ignore the pen, or does the pen fallback to being just a regular (and less accurate) capacitive stylus?

If the pen becomes dead for many apps....that might be a tough pill to swallow now that I have one.

- Jim
24th April 2012, 01:17 AM   |  #33  
OP Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Flag New York City
Thanks Meter: 4,744

5,535 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by macr0t0r

So, I didn't get the Flyer pen until I was already on Honeycomb, and I hear that the Pen functionality is greatly reduced in Gingerbread. However, I can't seem to determine exactly how it is reduced. Does this mean that most apps will completely ignore the pen, or does the pen fallback to being just a regular (and less accurate) capacitive stylus?

If the pen becomes dead for many apps....that might be a tough pill to swallow now that I have one.

- Jim

In HC you can use the ben throughout the OS, meaning if you want to swipe though your homescreens you can use the pen to do it on HC, in GB you cant. In HC the pen responds to OS stuff just as if you were using your finger. ie.. opening settings, selecting something from the list etc.... navigating through the os and stuff like that
24th April 2012, 07:18 AM   |  #34  
Thanks Meter: 54

181 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by graffixnyc

In HC you can use the ben throughout the OS, meaning if you want to swipe though your homescreens you can use the pen to do it on HC, in GB you cant. In HC the pen responds to OS stuff just as if you were using your finger. ie.. opening settings, selecting something from the list etc.... navigating through the os and stuff like that

Thanks. I finally managed to the magical search terms to find this thread about Gingerbread versus Honeycomb Scribe support:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1356967

Ouch....I lose the ability to play Draw Something with my stylus if I go back to Gingerbread unless I buy another separate capacitive stylus ... I'm not sure if the speed boost is worth it. Bugger...there's always a tradeoff in each custom ROM, I suppose.

- Jim
24th April 2012, 01:29 PM   |  #35  
Flag Charlotte, NC
Thanks Meter: 1,211

5,353 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by macr0t0r

Thanks. I finally managed to the magical search terms to find this thread about Gingerbread versus Honeycomb Scribe support:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1356967

Ouch....I lose the ability to play Draw Something with my stylus if I go back to Gingerbread unless I buy another separate capacitive stylus ... I'm not sure if the speed boost is worth it. Bugger...there's always a tradeoff in each custom ROM, I suppose.

- Jim

Well, a couple things:

1. Compared to GB, HC isn't just slower it is S L O W E R. Browsing is tragically slow. If you browse more than you write consider this. Also, the dpi is all screwed up some things (such as icons) can see quite large on the screen. You can fix this using something like Rom Toolbox, but it breaks things like the background image of the Notes program.

2. HTC Notes just seems like a half-written app that they completely abandoned. Things like the keyboard popping up when you wrest your hand on the screen to write become unbelievably annoying after a while. Why couldn't HTC just put a keyboard button in the menu instead? Their "touch" solution is poorly conceived and implemented.

3. Netflix is basically unusable on HC. Some sort of lag issues (probably linked to the browser lag issues). Sound gets ahead of video every time. If you watch a lot of Netflix, forget HC.

So that is the tradeoff. Is slow browsing and poorly implemented pen support a fair trade for a quick and responsive os with limited pen support? Your call.
24th April 2012, 05:06 PM   |  #36  
Flag Charlotte, NC

5,353 posts
Hmmm. This is kind of odd.

I see that Flash is installed and yet embedded flash is nit working anywhere. YouTube works just fine in the YouTube app. For any embedded flash I am just getting a little blue lego piece icon with a questionmark in it.

Ideas?

Sent from my PG41200 using Tapatalk 2
24th April 2012, 05:52 PM   |  #37  
Flag New York City

5,535 posts
Donate to Me
More
Uploading a new version now.

Changes in this version:
Fixed checkboxes being cut off
added live wallpaper picker back in
updated to google play store
got the AOSP calendar working
removed HTC calendar
removed a few other HTC apps that were left behind
moved flash player from being a system app to a user app
Last edited by graffixnyc; 24th April 2012 at 06:00 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to graffixnyc For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th April 2012, 05:53 PM   |  #38  
Flag New York City

5,535 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchellvii

Hmmm. This is kind of odd.

I see that Flash is installed and yet embedded flash is nit working anywhere. YouTube works just fine in the YouTube app. For any embedded flash I am just getting a little blue lego piece icon with a questionmark in it.

Ideas?

Sent from my PG41200 using Tapatalk 2

hmm well, I did have it as a system app before. Maybe that was causing it. I'm uploading a new version now and I have moved it to be a non system app
The Following User Says Thank You to graffixnyc For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th April 2012, 06:17 PM   |  #39  
Flag Charlotte, NC

5,353 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by graffixnyc

hmm well, I did have it as a system app before. Maybe that was causing it. I'm uploading a new version now and I have moved it to be a non system app

Thanks. Will give it a shot and let you know.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
24th April 2012, 07:12 PM   |  #40  
Flag New York City

5,535 posts
Donate to Me
More
update posted

The Following User Says Thank You to graffixnyc For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread