Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: Modify the Look of Your Volume Control – XDA TV

How many screenshots have you seen with a volume status bar in the … more

Prepare Your Nokia X2 for Battle with Nokia X2 Tools

Unveiled in June this year, the Nokia X2 is the Finnish companys second crack at an … more

Increase the Speaker Volume of Your Samsung Gear 2 with Tool and Tutorial

I think its pretty safe to say that any sound coming out of a … more

How do I watch video files on my phone from my PC over WiFi?

24th April 2012, 11:49 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

24 posts
Edit: Oh wow that was really simple, program called 'File Manager' with over a million downloads from the play store, accessed my network instantly. Sorry for the stupid question, leaving this up so other people with the same question can find it via the search tool.

Ok so the Note is awesome for media. My problem is organization, If I want to step outside and watch something while sitting on the porch I have to copy the files over currently. I'm assuming there's probably a way to be able to view files over WiFi and access them without actually copying, streaming them ect?
Last edited by Hysterics; 24th April 2012 at 12:01 PM.
24th April 2012, 01:16 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 203

473 posts
Another option is to use something like Mirage (beta) and a streaming video application like Air Video Server.

The benefit of this is that the video server handles file formats that your Note doesn't.
24th April 2012, 06:20 PM   |  #3  
Flag USA
Thanks Meter: 33

274 posts
More
I have a DLNA media server running on one of my computers and use Vplayer to access my media.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk
25th April 2012, 12:06 AM   |  #4  
Flag PA
Thanks Meter: 181

508 posts
More
Plex is free and will stream all your media to your phone. Its also free PC side and small fee Android side. http://www.plexapp.com/
25th April 2012, 12:42 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 37

184 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hysterics

Edit: Oh wow that was really simple, program called 'File Manager' with over a million downloads from the play store, accessed my network instantly. Sorry for the stupid question, leaving this up so other people with the same question can find it via the search tool.

Ok so the Note is awesome for media. My problem is organization, If I want to step outside and watch something while sitting on the porch I have to copy the files over currently. I'm assuming there's probably a way to be able to view files over WiFi and access them without actually copying, streaming them ect?

Sorry for bring noob but how exactly fo you accomplish it with that app. I it looks no different than astro file manager.
Please positive constructive feedback

Send from the Noteorious BIG 5.3" Bell Canada
25th April 2012, 12:44 AM   |  #6  

184 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowGTO

Plex is free and will stream all your media to your phone. Its also free PC side and small fee Android side. http://www.plexapp.com/

You have to pay in order to use this?

25th April 2012, 01:03 AM   |  #7  
Flag BC
Thanks Meter: 7

119 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eviltango

You have to pay in order to use this?

Plex Android app is not free. But for desktop OS's, it is free(server and client).

I personally prefer Plex over DLNA for ease of use, as well as remote access while away from home.
The Following User Says Thank You to pyee0124 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th April 2012, 03:05 AM   |  #8  
Flag PA
Thanks Meter: 181

508 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyee0124

Plex Android app is not free. But for desktop OS's, it is free(server and client).

I personally prefer Plex over DLNA for ease of use, as well as remote access while away from home.

Yeah Plex is bad ass it also supports DNLA if you have an xbox or something.
25th April 2012, 05:13 AM   |  #9  

184 posts
I ended up downloading it. very cool. I like it

25th April 2012, 07:38 PM   |  #10  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 2

231 posts
More
I use Remote Potato (server app to install on your PC) and Remote Media Center (android app) w. VPlayer - which works very well... and if you actually use 7MC as your DVR back end, you can even do some nice remote scheduling, etc.

it streams every single file format i have on my server from HD MKVs to raw camcorder recorded m2ts, to .avi.

no copying no nothing.

Bonus: if you are brave enough to poke a hole in your FW rules, OR have vpn connectivity, this works exceptionally well over LTE! I've streamed on my 40 minute commute, through a bridge and a mile+ tunnel, and rarely drop the stream.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread