5,594,151 Members 47,342 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

I emailed HTC...

Tip us?
 
typhoonikan
Old
#1  
typhoonikan's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 104
Posts: 612
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Roanoke, VA
Default I emailed HTC...

I know its been done before, but I emailed HTC about any possibilities to an ICS update for the jetstream. Since XDA reported that Samsungs galaxy tabs are getting their ICS updates, its upsetting that such a beastly, functional, and not to mention expensive device like the jetstream goes with little/no support and no update to ICS.

Perhaps the small userbase in these forums could also send an email asking or requesting yoru concern for an update be forwarded to the right department(wishful thinking).
-------> http://www.htc.com/us/support/email-support
What a bummer.
I feel like if the Jetstream got ICS, it would expand the life of the device a ton.
.
Most useful Android Apps @ typhoonikan.blogspot.com

............
HTC Supersonic: EVO 4G
.
HTC Jetstream
.
HTC EVO 4G LTE
.
.
 
craig0r
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 47
Posts: 1,017
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Toronto
I agree. I've spoke with HTC via email and phone to ask them about this. It's always the same response, that they can't provide any info on this presently.

Also, Paul O'Brien (@modaco) was at a 2-day HTC event recently, and he said he'd ask them about it, but I haven't seen what came of this yet.
craig0r

Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 N5110 Stock 4.2.2 rooted
Rogers HTC One
HP Touchpad with CM10
 
kailashpchhabria
Old
#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 41
Posts: 239
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bangalore
Quote:
Originally Posted by typhoonikan View Post
I know its been done before, but I emailed HTC about any possibilities to an ICS update for the jetstream. Since XDA reported that Samsungs galaxy tabs are getting their ICS updates, its upsetting that such a beastly, functional, and not to mention expensive device like the jetstream goes with little/no support and no update to ICS.

Perhaps the small userbase in these forums could also send an email asking or requesting yoru concern for an update be forwarded to the right department(wishful thinking).
-------> http://www.htc.com/us/support/email-support
What a bummer.
I feel like if the Jetstream got ICS, it would expand the life of the device a ton.
I too wrote an email to them and they replied they had no idea and as it was under AT&T, we were to contact them for further details.

Anyways, I just hope that HTC will support the device for 18 months as they promised (meaning which they may release ICS sometime later on) and I agree that if it does come it will be late but I still feel it will be worth the wait.

In the meanwhile, all we can do is wait with our fingers crossed.
 
typhoonikan
Old
#4  
typhoonikan's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 104
Posts: 612
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Roanoke, VA
Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashpchhabria View Post
I too wrote an email to them and they replied they had no idea and as it was under AT&T, we were to contact them for further details.

Anyways, I just hope that HTC will support the device for 18 months as they promised (meaning which they may release ICS sometime later on) and I agree that if it does come it will be late but I still feel it will be worth the wait.

In the meanwhile, all we can do is wait with our fingers crossed.

ATT's responsibility?
ATT is not the ones programming HTC phones. Sounds like a tactic to get customers to go away, blame ATT.

I'd say at this point with the Jetstream's lack of popularity, price drop, etc, HTC probably feels like the time it would take for an ICS update would be a waste of time money and resources. I hope this is not the case.

Its frustrating when you put your faith and money in a company and their product and other companies are dishing out updates.
.
Most useful Android Apps @ typhoonikan.blogspot.com

............
HTC Supersonic: EVO 4G
.
HTC Jetstream
.
HTC EVO 4G LTE
.
.
 
kailashpchhabria
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 41
Posts: 239
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bangalore
Quote:
Originally Posted by typhoonikan View Post
ATT's responsibility?
ATT is not the ones programming HTC phones. Sounds like a tactic to get customers to go away, blame ATT.

I'd say at this point with the Jetstream's lack of popularity, price drop, etc, HTC probably feels like the time it would take for an ICS update would be a waste of time money and resources. I hope this is not the case.

Its frustrating when you put your faith and money in a company and their product and other companies are dishing out updates.
Ya they just plan on pushing from HTC to AT&T and vice versa.

HTC should not just leave us to die with the device. If they find the popularity low, by bringing ICS out for this device, they could really increase its popularity manifold.

Let us also not forget that Flyer got an update for its software only after a year of its release. So let us just hope that HTC keeps its promise for supportive its devices for 18months after release and does something concrete for us.

In the meanwhile, we must hope and wait. S-OFF also globatron has done some really nice method for other HTC devices using wire link method. It may be viable for the Jetstream as well. Let's just wait and see.

Sent from my HTC PG09410 using XDA
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes