Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,165 Members 44,265 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can not switch battery to different icon using rom toolbox

Tip us?

MendonMafia
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Can not switch battery to different icon using rom toolbox

I recently downloaded a couple new battery icons for my HTC thunder bolt rooted with Liquid smooth 3.2 rom using the rom toolbox.

I was able to change it to a new battery icon but it turns out the one i initially selected is not a 1% icon as it was indicated. Anyways I wanted to try a different one but now it wont let me change it. I did the same process with installing both but no matter what the old one persists no matter what.

the new icon did initially show up in the status bar but when i went to show a friend it was back to the first one i downloaded.

I have 2 versions of rom tool box installed on my phone. The one that came with liquid smooth 3.2 and another version from 4shared which is version 4.5.2. the latter is the one i am using to change the icons as the one that came with LS 3.2 will not let me change them.

An interesting note, upon boot the factory (LS 3.2) wifi icon will appear and only after some time will the custom green one show up but the battery icon is the first one i downloaded right off the bat never shows stock. Also there is now an alarm clock icon to the right of the battery icon which was not visible before the first battery icon was installed and proceeded to go away during the short period where the second downloaded battery icon was being displayed.

Any thoughts? I am a beginner so step by step instruction are greatly appreciated. Also, not sure where to put this, it is a question but it is related to modifying in my mind so please don't trash me and my first post if it is in the wrong section, i will re-post if so.

Thanks, Mark

calaeb08
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Maybe it has something to do with the rom toolbox you downloaded. I would just try and buy the one from the marketplace. It helps support the dev to make the product better and you wont have to worry about that virus thats going around on 3rd party sites!

MendonMafia
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Now It displays the new one most of the time but still shows the first downloaded one while charging and at intervals of 10% during discharge. Similar to the first one downloaded, the new one is also not behaving as a 1% icon as indicated but its slightly better, 5% instead of 10%.

I would definitely buy the pro version but how do i know that will solve the issue?