[NIGHTLY/KERNEL][USER] UNOFFICIAL CM9 + 3.0.x Kernel for K-Fire [3.0.31+ 06-28]

OP Hashcode

24th April 2012, 04:29 PM   |  #631  
Flag Minneapolis
Thanks Meter: 2

7 posts
More
USB OTG and usb-storage
I have never used usb-storage on an android device. I would like to with the kindle. I just wonder if someone can answer a few questions before I start.

Do most cables sold as OTG cables have the pins shorted out or will I need to mod the one I buy?

People have been posting about power requirements of flash drives and using powered USB hubs. I would like to use it without a USB hub, can someone recommend a flash drive that they have gotten to work with the kindle?

If you use the kindle with a powered hub, does it need a cable without the pins shorted?

Last question, will the rom autoload the module and automount the device, and what filesystems are built into the kernel?

Thanks in advance for the help.
24th April 2012, 05:26 PM   |  #632  
Thanks Meter: 101

249 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kraftwerk2020

I have never used usb-storage on an android
Do most cables sold as OTG cables have the pins shorted out or will I need to mod the one I buy?

I didn't know about the pin short until after I had already ordered a micro -> A cable. When they arrive I'll let you know if they have the short so there's at least an order point. Probably the smart way to do this would be to identity a mainstream gadget -- e.g. a smartphone -- which uses the short-sense and then we just get a cable compatible with that phone.

Quote:

If you use the kindle with a powered hub, does it need a cable without the pins shorted?

The pin short tells the Kindle that there's a device connected as opposed to a charging cable or that it should act as a client device. It activates the "sense" signal of the board. I haven't gotten into hubs with OTG, but I imagine you would still need the short to trigger the sense of hosting devices.
24th April 2012, 06:30 PM   |  #633  
Flag New Castle, IN
Thanks Meter: 69

43 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redright88

Hi Hash and other Devs,

I flashed this version of CM9 with kernel #7 yesterday night. I am having a netflix issue. The app opens fine, but shows won't initiate. I see a VERY brief flash of the red netflix screen, then nothing happens.

Second issue: I am trying to get my kindle to recognize the ad hoc network from my phone which is using open garden wifi tethering. Right now the kindle doesn't see the network at all. Instructions from previous users are to re-name the w|1271-nvs.bin.orig file to w|1271-nvs.bin.

When I look in the System/etc/firmware/ti-connectivity folder there are two files, w|1271-nvs.bin and w|1271-nvs.bin.orig. Since w|1271-nvs.bin is already there, I am not sure how to proceed.
*Should we be deleting the w|1271-nvs.bin file and re-naming the w|1271-nvs.bin.orig file?
*Should we be deleting the w|1271-nvs.bin.orig and leaving the w|1271-nvs.bin file alone?
*Should we be doing some third thing?

Thanks in advance.

Adhoc doesn't work at this time, wpa supplicant will need to be patched for it to work which probably won't happen until everything stabilizes. Those files are for the MAC issues, not adhoc.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to icemank121 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th April 2012, 06:41 PM   |  #634  
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
everything works fine except battery life, it runs off 10% per hour without using the device.

thanks for contributions, if the battery problem fixed, it will be an excellent rom.!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA
24th April 2012, 06:54 PM   |  #635  
Thanks Meter: 16

119 posts
banding on my fire is no longer an issue with update 7
24th April 2012, 07:02 PM   |  #636  
Flag Saratoga Springs
Thanks Meter: 10

159 posts
Donate to Me
More
IRC
Hash, is the IRC that your using a public server?
24th April 2012, 07:05 PM   |  #637  
Thanks Meter: 32

44 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hang313

everything works fine except battery life, it runs off 10% per hour without using the device.

Really? I accidentally left mine on and unplugged overnight (thought it was attached to the powered USB hub, but it wasn't) and it still had 86% charge. This must have been after at least 16hrs.
24th April 2012, 07:11 PM   |  #638  
Flag Colton, NY
Thanks Meter: 980

3,211 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgetman13

Really? I accidentally left mine on and unplugged overnight (thought it was attached to the powered USB hub, but it wasn't) and it still had 86% charge. This must have been after at least 16hrs.

My battery life has been great as well.
24th April 2012, 07:12 PM   |  #639  
Thanks Meter: 101

249 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hang313

Did you attempt a shut down? At this point it still doesn't shut down fully (i.e. backlight stays on, and I believe CPU remains active)
24th April 2012, 07:16 PM   |  #640  
Flag Lexington, KY
Thanks Meter: 195

620 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by twa_priv

Hey Hash,

Seems like Netflix doesn't like your recent device naming changes (Amazon Kindle Fire -> Kindle Fire). The window which is supposed to play the video just pops up for a second and then closes.
I verified this by changing ro.product.model back to Amazon Kindle Fire in build.prop and voila, netflix works again

https://github.com/KFire-Android/dev...6b5f0853802501
https://github.com/KFire-Android/dev...cc54fd51f87bb1

The new boot animation looks good btw. Thanks

Can you explain exactly what we need to change in our build.prop and what it needs to change to? Would GREATLY appreciate!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using XDA Premium
ROM: CM9 ReloadedROM v1.2H
Kernel: Hashcode 3.0.21(#7)
Overclock: 1.0 GHz Max, 1.0 GHz Min. Performance
Launcher: ADW EX

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread