[help] Problems flashing ROMs
My girlfriend is really fed up with the low amount of memory on her Wildfire S, so I've decided to help
I've spent large portions of today and yesterday on:
unlocking the bootloader (using htcdev.com),
rooting (using SuperOneClick http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=803682
partitioning her microSD (kingston 4 GB, class 2, fat32 + 1GB EXT4 + 256 Swap if I remember correctly),
installing recovery (installed ROMManager and flashed CWM recovery from there)
and experimenting with ROMs.
The problem is that I can't get the ROMs to boot.
1. m1ndh4x8r GB2.3.5 - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1432259
both odexed and deodexed - bootloop on the white HTC logo
2. Wildfire S Cracker GB2.3.5 - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1479002
- waited almost 30 minutes for the HTC logo to disappear and boot animation to start, but that never happened.
3. HenseMod 6 - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1434497
- the only ROM that managed to boot without problems. However I need all the HTC widgets, so I'm intending to switch to a different one.
I've also tried staying with the stock ROM and flashing a different kernel (OC Kernel http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1430677
) so that link2SD would work with EXT4, but that didn't boot also.
Does anyone here have any idea what could be the source of all these problems? Maybe you could suggest something? A different Sense ROM, some "procedure" that could help me.
Please, I just want her to be happy