OP dragonzkiller

24th April 2012, 02:58 PM   |  #1961  
Flag Small Town USA Suburb of Cleveland
Thanks Meter: 33

261 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBolski

UPDATE: I did some more searching on the internet and found that it appears to be paid Market apps that this happens with. Some have wiped market data or uninstall the Android Market (sorry, Google Play just DOESN'T work and sounds bad so it's STILL Market to me). I just rebooted to see what would happen and sure enough, my apps disappeared again. Not all of them, but a majority of them. I cleared out the data for Google Play, rebooted and it didn't fix the issue.

Makes me wonder if the market app in the gapps flash image is causing the issue?

Is this what you found?

Wonder if related: http://www.androidcentral.com/paid-a...gle-play-store

Is this just a reporting thing from Titanium, or does it look like it's not even installed if you go look for it again in Market (i do it too).
24th April 2012, 03:30 PM   |  #1962  
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 448

1,368 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by grnsl2

Is this what you found?

Wonder if related: http://www.androidcentral.com/paid-a...gle-play-store

Is this just a reporting thing from Titanium, or does it look like it's not even installed if you go look for it again in Market (i do it too).

It's not just TBU. If I try and launch the app, it tells me it can't find it.
24th April 2012, 04:51 PM   |  #1963  
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 8

75 posts
More
Quote:

My wigits are fine as they are all on internal memory. For example, I have Temple Run, Angry Birds, Dolphin HD Browser and many other apps moved to the SD card.

Upon reboot, I might find that Angry Birds and Temple Run are no longer available but Dolphin and other apps on the SD card are just fine.

If I reboot, it might fix it or it might not and I have a different set of apps no longer available, but other apps that previously were not accessible are now there.

Another reboot might cause other apps to appear and disappear or it might fix it completely.

Very frustrating as I have my phone scheduled to reboot in the middle of the night after clearing out the cache to help with performance.

This morning, I had to reboot 10 times before it finally fixed the issue. I've never had this issue before with Eclipse, but I've had it occur with the RC0 version of CM7 and now this, the RC1 version.

Thanks for the assistance.

UPDATE: I did some more searching on the internet and found that it appears to be paid Market apps that this happens with. Some have wiped market data or uninstall the Android Market (sorry, Google Play just DOESN'T work and sounds bad so it's STILL Market to me). I just rebooted to see what would happen and sure enough, my apps disappeared again. Not all of them, but a majority of them. I cleared out the data for Google Play, rebooted and it didn't fix the issue.

Makes me wonder if the market app in the gapps flash image is causing the issue?

I haven't had those issues... but all I did was flash the update to RC1. I did not flash the updated gapps. I wonder if that's the problem... or maybe this problem just hasn't manifested on my phone yet.

Droid X2 CM7
24th April 2012, 06:35 PM   |  #1964  
Flag Columbus

1,368 posts
More
Mine was a complete SBF to 2.3.4 (coming from Eclipse 2.1), flashed the RC1 and gapps. Wiped data and cache.

It's strange though. Every time I reboot now, it screws things up and I have to reboot about 5 or 6 times before all my apps show up again.

Maybe tonight, I'll SBF back to 2.3.4 again and reflash. Just not sure what the issue is.
24th April 2012, 08:47 PM   |  #1965  
Shelton

242 posts
More
I would check to make sure all your apps ur having problems with are on ur phone memory.

There are apps that have to be in phone memory(not SD), or they lose what preferrences u have made.

Sent from my MB870 using Tapatalk 2
Last edited by 6Flip9; 24th April 2012 at 08:51 PM.
24th April 2012, 09:17 PM   |  #1966  
Flag Small Town USA Suburb of Cleveland

261 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6Flip9

I would check to make sure all your apps ur having problems with are on ur phone memory.

There are apps that have to be in phone memory(not SD), or they lose what preferrences u have made.

I think these are different programs that should be able to be installed on the flash card but disappear at weird random times.

What are a couple of the names of programs you are having trouble with? If I have any I will move them to my flashcard to see if I have the same issue.

Sent from my MB870 using XDA
24th April 2012, 11:23 PM   |  #1967  
Flag Columbus

1,368 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by grnsl2

I think these are different programs that should be able to be installed on the flash card but disappear at weird random times.

What are a couple of the names of programs you are having trouble with? If I have any I will move them to my flashcard to see if I have the same issue.

Sent from my MB870 using XDA

Angry birds (all of them), temple run, go sms, dolphin hd. That's just a small amount off the top of my head.

24th April 2012, 11:38 PM   |  #1968  
Flag Phoenix, AZ
Thanks Meter: 4

81 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thx again. Ur work has brought a lot of hope to the X2. I'm sure I will be donating a 3rd time. Can't wait to see what is coming next.

Sent from an EpicBlue CM7X2
25th April 2012, 04:16 AM   |  #1969  
Flag Columbus

1,368 posts
More
Quote:

Mine was a complete SBF to 2.3.4 (coming from Eclipse 2.1), flashed the RC1 and gapps. Wiped data and cache.

It's strange though. Every time I reboot now, it screws things up and I have to reboot about 5 or 6 times before all my apps show up again.

Maybe tonight, I'll SBF back to 2.3.4 again and reflash. Just not sure what the issue is.

Okay, noticed that for some reason, my SD Card was mounted read only. Did a full check disk scan from Windows and it found issues and fixed them. I noticed this when I was trying to push some files via ADB to the sdcard and it was stating the card was mounted read only.

I'm wondering if this was part of the problem? I'm reflashing CM7 RC1 right now. Will let everyone know when I'm done if it fixes my problem with disappearing apps.

UPDATE: Okay, the issue appears to have been that my SD card had errors on it causing it to be mounted read only, or at least it appeared to be mounted read only. Running a full chkdsk on it from windows has cleared up the problem.

Thanks to everyone who made suggestions.
Last edited by iBolski; 25th April 2012 at 11:47 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to iBolski For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th April 2012, 03:05 PM   |  #1970  
Thanks Meter: 7

74 posts
Anyone thought about asking Geohot to unlock this bootloader for us?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread