Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,777,893 Members 50,872 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Recommended website to unlock Lumia 900 (AT&T) UPDATED

Tip us?

pistol44
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by feedmylittletroll View Post
The unlocked international versions should be out late this week or early next week
On that note, someone correct me if I'm wrong...

Pros:
- sim unlocked
- internet sharing unlocked (tethering)
- receives OS updates first

Cons:
- price
- no LTE

Hmmm.. if so, this ones debatable. For me it's LTE vs unlocked tethering. Never had LTE so I can't compare the difference but tethering would be so useful. My Titan's internet sharing is locked to ATT whom is not my carrier.

TJBoy
Old
Thanks Meter 2
[QUOTE=pistol44;25235748]On that note, someone correct me if I'm wrong...

Pros:
- sim unlocked

Cons:
- price
- no LTE

QUOTE]

Not sure about the tethering part, mine has that option enabled and is an AT&T, I think it depends on your data plan, if your carrier allow it MAYBE you can do internet sharing...

feedmylittletroll
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I could care less about LTE, my area isn't even on ATT's road map. Its also a plus that I don't have that dam ATT logo on the 900 if I get an international version

wusuowei88
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by pistol44 View Post
On that note, someone correct me if I'm wrong...

Pros:
- sim unlocked

Cons:
- price
- no LTE

Hmmm.. if so, this ones debatable. For me it's LTE vs unlocked tethering. Never had LTE so I can't compare the difference but tethering would be so useful. My Titan's internet sharing is locked to ATT whom is not my carrier.

is sim unlocked?
could you give me more information?
we Chinese users do not care about the LTE now......

Reuters
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Default Fonecodes claims they can unlock it

found a link on a forum called gsmhosting where a person asked if they can unlock lumia 900 on AT&T and fonecodes dot net said that they can do it as late as this morning.

I cant post links but if you google Lumia 900 AT&T IMEI UNLOCK gsmhosting

The correct link will be on top, i have emailed them and asked if they can verify that they really can unlock it.

zakdoc89
Old
Thanks Meter 8

DONATE TO ME
NO news from gsmfast as yet, granted its only been 24hrs.
How long do they usually take? Also they don't seem to reply to emails... I have the strange feeling that I may have just lost $50...

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk 2

pistol44
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuters View Post
found a link on a forum called gsmhosting where a person asked if they can unlock lumia 900 on AT&T and fonecodes dot net said that they can do it as late as this morning.

I cant post links but if you google Lumia 900 AT&T IMEI UNLOCK gsmhosting

The correct link will be on top, i have emailed them and asked if they can verify that they really can unlock it.
Lol.. wow http://www.fonecodes.co.uk/ looks super shady. And I'd give my left testicle if they actually have the codes. The response from "hamada-almasry" looks a bit like a generic message but let's wait and see.

pistol44
Old
(Last edited by pistol44; 24th April 2012 at 07:25 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
My Lumia finally arrived today from NY (eBay purchase) and I messaged the seller to ask him about unlocking it since he offered the service for $35 at the time of purchase but I declined because I felt it was a bit high. He messaged me back instantly saying that it should be ok at the end of the month or first week of May.

Not sure if this is a guess or based on a reliable source of info.

I've also noticed an unlocker or 2 have removed the option now to unlock this phone. Just for fun I submitted a request through Cellunlocker.net to see what they would say (http://www.cellunlocker.net/nokia-unlock.php).

They refunded me almost instantly as expected with the following:

Dear Valued Customer,

We regret to inform you we will be refunding your initial order for your At&t Lumia 900 Unlock Code. The Supplier has informed us it will be further delayed and we do not wish to keep you waiting any longer.

We are sincerely sorry for this situation as we normally come through for our customers. It seems the At&t Lumia 900 Unlock Code is not available anywhere globally at this time.

We are contiually working on this, and once we have a working method 100%, we will contact you right away regarding this.

Thanks once again our sincere apologies, and please allow 1-2 business days for your refund to reflect on your account

If you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to call us at 1-800-507-9077 or email us at sales@cellunlocker.net anytime.

- Cellunlocker.net Customer Care Support Team

http://www.cellunlocker.net

Have a Wonderful Day!

Obviously this isn't anything new but it sounds like they will at least contact you when the unlock code actually becomes available which is worthy.

felwar
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default refund from cellunlocker.net

Hi Everyone, just want you to know that this came with refund from cellunlocker.net:

Dear Valued Customer,

We regret to inform you we will be refunding your initial order for your At&t Lumia 900 Unlock Code. The Supplier has informed us it will be further delayed and we do not wish to keep you waiting any longer.

We are sincerely sorry for this situation as we normally come through for our customers. It seems the At&t Lumia 900 Unlock Code is not available anywhere globally at this time.

We are contiually working on this, and once we have a working method 100%, we will contact you right away regarding this.

Thanks once again our sincere apologies, and please allow 1-2 business days for your refund to reflect on your account

It seems that is going to be a long way to have this awesome phone working more than to block the door... please if anyone has a solution to this madness, post it!!!

zakdoc89
Old
Thanks Meter 8

DONATE TO ME
Called cellunlocker on the toll free... they said probably by next week..

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk 2