Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] How do u use swapper2?

OP pipi14

24th April 2012, 06:37 PM   |  #1  
pipi14's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Kuressaare
Thanks Meter: 1,004
 
999 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
So how do u use swapper? Swap size, Swppiness... What do u recommend? And there is 2 options swap file or partatition... Which do u use? And what do u think about swaping at all... Does it harm sd-card or not?
24th April 2012, 07:38 PM   |  #2  
RomWiz's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Flag Helsingborg
Thanks Meter: 1,197
 
2,739 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Donate to Me
More
It will shorten your sd life


Sent from a X8 using my thumbs
The Following User Says Thank You to RomWiz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th April 2012, 09:32 AM   |  #3  
Member
Flag Guadalupe Makati City
Thanks Meter: 15
 
88 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
You need a custom kernel that support swap to use swapper2...

Check this for tutorial: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1445543
25th April 2012, 04:57 PM   |  #4  
androidnerd2's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 320
 
654 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
In my opinion do not use swapper ever..it will ruin your sd card..only use if you have a high class(class 10) sd card..but at your own risk

Good luck !
25th April 2012, 05:19 PM   |  #5  
pipi14's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Kuressaare
Thanks Meter: 1,004
 
999 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by androidnerd2

In my opinion do not use swapper ever..it will ruin your sd card..only use if you have a high class(class 10) sd card..but at your own risk

Good luck !

Question to that... Where can i check what class sd i have? I have looked at my sd and i didnt actualy see anything that says what class it is...
25th April 2012, 06:55 PM   |  #6  
Shimizux's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Sabah
Thanks Meter: 114
 
383 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pipi14

Question to that... Where can i check what class sd i have? I have looked at my sd and i didnt actualy see anything that says what class it is...

The SD class is written on sd itself. It should be a number 4,6 or 10.
25th April 2012, 07:16 PM   |  #7  
pipi14's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Kuressaare
Thanks Meter: 1,004
 
999 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimizux

The SD class is written on sd itself. It should be a number 4,6 or 10.

I got 2 gb, micro sd, sd-c02g taiwan in front and 1109, c701316 on the back on a sticker... Like which number?
25th April 2012, 09:28 PM   |  #8  
Shimizux's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Sabah
Thanks Meter: 114
 
383 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pipi14

I got 2 gb, micro sd, sd-c02g taiwan in front and 1109, c701316 on the back on a sticker... Like which number?

I guess Class 2. Or you can use this App :Here
Click Read more for more detail.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes