Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,311 Members 49,020 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Packages][7-16] ICS V6 Supercharger- now w/ PDroid

Tip us?
 
CCivale
Old
#101  
CCivale's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 59
Join Date: Apr 2011
Excellent. Thanks Mateorod and Inportb. That worked perfectly. Awesome job.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CCivale For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
mateorod
Old
#102  
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 3508
Posts: 1,976
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: New Orleans

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCivale View Post
Excellent. Thanks Mateorod and Inportb. That worked perfectly. Awesome job.
Thanks for sticking with it!

To anyone interested, I have made some patches for PDroid which should be able to bring it to any CM9 rom, at least, and for any device. The patches have been confirmed to work for the Nook and the LG-P990, but obviously we would like to test it further before putting it out in the wide world.

Does anyone have another device running CM9 they would like PDroid for? Are you willing to flash some pre-alpha test patches?

If you would like to try this, please post a zip of your
  • Build.prop
  • Services.jar
  • Core.jar
  • Framework.jar
The build.prop is in /system and the other files are in /system/framework/.
 
numus
Old
(Last edited by numus; 24th April 2012 at 07:13 PM.)
#103  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 206
Posts: 758
Join Date: Jan 2008
Updated botbrew and attempted to install v6 today.. getting a lot of read-only file system errors.. I checked superuser and botbrew is allowed in there...

Update: I fixed this by mounting filesystem writable in ES Filemanager...

After reboot i went back to terminal and typed su -c v6 and nothing.. just gives me a new terminal line but doesnt run v6...
 
inportb
Old
#104  
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 179
Posts: 433
Join Date: Dec 2008
Please try reinstalling v6-supercharger. Just select the package and hit reinstall.
 
numus
Old
#105  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 206
Posts: 758
Join Date: Jan 2008
Had to decline to use the previous saved from the sdcard... Seems to be working now that i actually got to select the options instead of using the previous stuff...
 
CCivale
Old
#106  
CCivale's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 59
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateorod View Post
Thanks for sticking with it!
Not a problem. It's worth it to make my device more efficient. Thanks again for putting in the time to figure it out.

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2
 
gumnaam.sur
Old
#107  
Member
Thanks Meter 32
Posts: 71
Join Date: Jan 2012
Same here.

- Wiped Dalvic Cache + cache
- Flashed new nightly (4/24) + new gapps (4/20 I think)
- Reboot
- Updated 3 packages from botbrew (framework, v6, pdroid-v6)
- reinstalled v6 as per first thread
- ran "su -c v6" selected re-supercharge
- reboot
- Confirmed pdroid worked
- ran 'su -c v6', nothing happened
- reinstalled v6 from botbrew
- ran 'su -c v6' , got a lot of readonly filesystem errors
- mounted system r/w from EZ File explorer
- ran 'su -c v6', and this time it worked, and DID NOT "re-supercharge", so basically re-ran the whole stuff again
- reboot, and now both pdroid + v6 working correctly.
 
mateorod
Old
#108  
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 3508
Posts: 1,976
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: New Orleans

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by numus View Post
Had to decline to use the previous saved from the sdcard... Seems to be working now that i actually got to select the options instead of using the previous stuff...
Quote:
Originally Posted by gumnaam.sur View Post
Same here.

- Wiped Dalvic Cache + cache
- Flashed new nightly (4/24) + new gapps (4/20 I think
- Reboot
- Updated 3 packages from botbrew (framework, v6, pdroid-v6)
- reinstalled v6 as per first thread
- ran "su -c v6" selected re-supercharge
- reboot
- Confirmed pdroid worked
- ran 'su -c v6', nothing happened
- reinstalled v6 from botbrew
- ran 'su -c v6' , got a lot of readonly filesystem errors
- mounted system r/w from EZ File explorer
- ran 'su -c v6', and this time it worked, and DID NOT "re-supercharge", so basically re-ran the whole stuff again
- reboot, and now both pdroid + v6 working correctly.
I bet that is a glitch from upgrading the v6 supercharger script. I am betting you both had update 8 on your sdcards, which is now quite a few versions ago.

I think that our little corner of XDA is unique in that such an old script is the one in most use. I will put a note in the OP with your workarounds. Thanks.
 
grayfoxmg1
Old
#109  
grayfoxmg1's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 508
Posts: 934
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Vero Beach, Fl

 
DONATE TO ME
Reporting that botbrew/V6 set samiam303's latest image into a bootloop for me, fixed it by dropping down to an older one.
Current Devices:
Nook Color:

HTC One X (AT&T):

Did you know that Team Venom has their own forum? CHECK IT OUT
The Following User Says Thank You to grayfoxmg1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
mateorod
Old
#110  
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 3508
Posts: 1,976
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: New Orleans

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by grayfoxmg1 View Post
Reporting that botbrew/V6 set samiam303's latest image into a bootloop for me, fixed it by dropping down to an older one.
Well, I can confirm that is true. Thanks for letting us know. There are no boot loops for eyeballer's or my builds, though.

I see that samiam posted his build a little later than usual last night. I went to the repo and scanned it for that period of time, and I don't see anything that would break the packages, but it must be there. I am currently building as I post this. I will test the packages on that, and if they break, I will have our packages updated before tonight's builds go up.

Thanks for the heads up.

The Following User Says Thank You to mateorod For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
botbrew, v6 supercharger
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes