FORUMS

Galaxy S6 & Edge get €100 Price Cut—New Models Incoming

Samsung has dropped the price of both the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge by … more

How To Port Fully Featured Sony Xperia Z4 Camera

Xperia Z4’s hardware may not impress, but its software is definitely … more

Experimental TWRP Available For Moto G 2015

XDA Senior Member squid2 has posted experimental builds of TWRP for the Moto G … more

Sunday Debate: How Can We Get a No-Compromise Phone?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Compromises. Come with your opinions and … more

[ROM]SKY ICS--- 4.2D-10 (5/7/12) amazing battery, and super-fast!! 60FPS !!!!

3,644 posts
Thanks Meter: 12,768
 
By seanzscreams, Retired Recognized Developer on 16th April 2012, 07:51 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
24th April 2012, 06:26 PM |#1381  
burgeswe's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Edmond, OK
Thanks Meter: 31
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shane.kelly55

Ok i know i'm gonna get my ass chewed about this but can someone explain what this is and how i go about getting it? Or maybe i already have it and dont know?

Instead of giving you the answer and appeasing you for now, I will provide you with valuable information

Check the original posts on this thread (and any other on XDA) every day before you delve into comments. Every post from the dev. They have amazing info and will get you up to speed on the essential facts. After you do that, if you still have a question on a specific matter, try a few varients on the search function for the thread. You can then avoid the ire of those of us who would like for threads to be filled with things that are useful and not rehashes of the same few things over and over. This will also leave the ROM modder from having to spend as much time reading all kinds of repeat posts, and will grant him more time to fix bugs/add features.

If you spent just a few minutes looking, you'd see that there is a CWM flashable zip for the feature you want to know about, and then you wouldn't have had to fret over any ass chewing

This post isn't to be mean or holier-than-thou. This is just an attempt to get people to do a very minimal amount of research before filing threads with repeated posts that we all have yo sift through. You promised to look out for yourself when you made your XDA account

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to burgeswe For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
24th April 2012, 06:29 PM |#1382  
Locoman_'s Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 286
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shane.kelly55

Ok i know i'm gonna get my ass chewed about this but can someone explain what this is and how i go about getting it? Or maybe i already have it and dont know?

Pulled back my response since burgeswe's reply was better.



.
Last edited by Locoman_; 24th April 2012 at 06:35 PM. Reason: burgeswe's reply was better
24th April 2012, 06:34 PM |#1383  
Account currently disabled
Flag Chicago, IL
Thanks Meter: 1,400
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgeswe

Instead of giving you the answer and appeasing you for now, I will provide you with valuable information

Check the original posts on this thread (and any other on XDA) every day before you delve into comments. Every post from the dev. They have amazing info and will get you up to speed on the essential facts. After you do that, if you still have a question on a specific matter, try a few varients on the search function for the thread. You can then avoid the ire of those of us who would like for threads to be filled with things that are useful and not rehashes of the same few things over and over. This will also leave the ROM modder from having to spend as much time reading all kinds of repeat posts, and will grant him more time to fix bugs/add features.

If you spent just a few minutes looking, you'd see that there is a CWM flashable zip for the feature you want to know about, and then you wouldn't have had to fret over any ass chewing

This post isn't to be mean or holier-than-thou. This is just an attempt to get people to do a very minimal amount of research before filing threads with repeated posts that we all have yo sift through. You promised to look out for yourself when you made your XDA account

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

Some people shed the junior status and they think its a license to kill. No room for trolls

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium
24th April 2012, 06:36 PM |#1384  
Senior Member
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
you have to call rogers and ask them to make it work
24th April 2012, 06:45 PM |#1385  
odeccacccp's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bradford West Gwillimbury
Thanks Meter: 253
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cv81

I get the same errors with Rogers Visual Voicemail. I guess next way to test the app / widget is next voicemail.

the errors go away after you clear them but still no voicemail, I left it for myself 20 min ago not even a sms about it, stupid Rogers!

---------- Post added at 01:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgigi666999

you have to call rogers and ask them to make it work

what do I tell them? I've tried before, other then a discount they seem to no nothing
Have you called them?

---------- Post added at 01:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane.kelly55

Ok i know i'm gonna get my ass chewed about this but can someone explain what this is and how i go about getting it? Or maybe i already have it and dont know?

just change your Density in Rom Toolbox, there is no need to flash anything if it's complicated. Set it to 160 or 180 you will be just as happy.

---------- Post added at 01:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanzscreams

Dl from op


Google galaxy nexus


It's the on screen buttons it has with it's screen resolution

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA App

Hi Sean,

not to bug you or anything, but where you looking in to the BT disconnection more or I am just out of luck on this one? (P.S. Ver 1 or 2, don;t fix it for me)

All I've noticed is that in Update 6 it was working perfect and has not since.

and as long as I have your attention The yellow page and constant checking for subscription in contacts is back

Really appreciate it, great work.
24th April 2012, 06:47 PM |#1386  
shane.kelly55's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Thank you so much for the lovely comments from the jerk offs here who like to take opportunities to chew ass with either blatant insults or passive aggressive comments directed towards those who some of this a little overwhelming but who are always willing to learn.

I will redouble my personal efforts to research this particular issue and find a solution on my own. i understand this is the realm where SOME of you guys rule the roost because in real life you didnt (dont) get laid, got beat up in high school, played (or are playing) dungeons and dragons, going to Star Trek conventions and that sort of stuff. So i will defer to your awesomeness here.

I just want to get the most out of my device so my mobile experience is everything it can be. I am always willing (and excited) to learn more. I have learned a TONNE over the past two years. i have also proudly donated to Sean because he is awesome.

Thanks again to Sean and all those who are on the more patient side. I'll do my best to do better. If this isnt good enough, please allow me the opportunity to knock your teeth down your throat.

Love,

Shane
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shane.kelly55 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th April 2012, 06:54 PM |#1387  
odeccacccp's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bradford West Gwillimbury
Thanks Meter: 253
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shane.kelly55

Thank you so much for the lovely comments from the jerk offs here who like to take opportunities to chew ass with either blatant insults or passive aggressive comments directed towards those who some of this a little overwhelming but who are always willing to learn.

I will redouble my personal efforts to research this particular issue and find a solution on my own. i understand this is the realm where SOME of you guys rule the roost because in real life you didnt (dont) get laid, got beat up in high school, played (or are playing) dungeons and dragons, going to Star Trek conventions and that sort of stuff. So i will defer to your awesomeness here.

I just want to get the most out of my device so my mobile experience is everything it can be. I am always willing (and excited) to learn more. I have learned a TONNE over the past two years. i have also proudly donated to Sean because he is awesome.

Thanks again to Sean and all those who are on the more patient side. I'll do my best to do better. If this isnt good enough, please allow me the opportunity to knock your teeth down your throat.

Love,

Shane

come on people, stop with insults, please do that in PM's, we are working things here, this is very irrelevant to the actual ROM!!!

Shane, you knew you where gonna get it, you said it yourself before asking "ass chewed".

Don't take things personal, people are different, just wait for someone to answer, and if no one does leave it alone, make a thread in Q&A or ask Sean.

Please stop with the personal messaging

To answer your question, you ether flash the Nexus LCD from Sean in first page, or you change LCD Density manually to 160 or 180 with a app.

good Luck
The Following User Says Thank You to odeccacccp For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th April 2012, 06:56 PM |#1388  
Curh's Avatar
Member
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
Am I the only one who can't get the v6 settings to stick after a reboot? It seems like some of my other init.d scripts do not hold either.
24th April 2012, 07:00 PM |#1389  
Locoman_'s Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 286
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by odeccacccp

come on people, stop with insults, please do that in PM's, we are working things here, this is very irrelevant to the actual ROM!!!

Shane, you knew you where gonna get it, you said it yourself before asking "ass chewed".

Don't take things personal, people are different, just wait for someone to answer, and if no one does leave it alone, make a thread in Q&A or ask Sean.

Please stop with the personal messaging

To answer your question, you ether flash the Nexus LCD from Sean in first page, or you change LCD Density manually to 160 or 180 with a app.

good Luck

It's post #2 in the thread, "Add ons", second link.


.

---------- Post added at 02:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curh

Am I the only one who can't get the v6 settings to stick after a reboot? It seems like some of my other init.d scripts do not hold either.

Use Script Manager to load /system/etc/init.d/99SuperCharger "on boot" and "run as root".

This fixed it for me.
24th April 2012, 07:01 PM |#1390  
mr_clean5953's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Leduc
Thanks Meter: 52
 
More
Having problems with stock music not being able to play music and holo having double files

Sent from my SGS2 LTE
24th April 2012, 07:02 PM |#1391  
Curh's Avatar
Member
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
I only seen to have S99SuperCharger file in my init folder.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes