Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,180 Members 46,985 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Reverse tethering please help!

Tip us?

mrphx2113
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] Reverse tethering please help!

So I've been looking everywhere but I guess it's not a very popular topic which I guess is because most people use wifi or data plans. But has anyone successfully used reverse tethering on Glorious Overdose Rom? I used to do it all the time using TouchMIUIwiz v3.0 but I just switched over and now it won't work. I just want to see if it's a Rom issue without having to re-flash

eurohomie
Old
Thanks Meter 38
What do you mean by Reverse tethering? My Sidekick did everything on Glorius Overdose that a factory sidekick did... except constantly freeze and reboot

mrphx2113
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
tethering is when you use your phone's data connection to get internet on your computer. reverse tethering is using your computers internet (like if you have ethernet instead of wifi) to get internet on your phone. you just turn on debugging on your phone and plug in the usb and there's a program you download to connect it and voila

arcadeshopperdotcom
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrphx2113 View Post
So I've been looking everywhere but I guess it's not a very popular topic which I guess is because most people use wifi or data plans. But has anyone successfully used reverse tethering on Glorious Overdose Rom? I used to do it all the time using TouchMIUIwiz v3.0 but I just switched over and now it won't work. I just want to see if it's a Rom issue without having to re-flash
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1371345
The Following User Says Thank You to arcadeshopperdotcom For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]