5,596,235 Members 35,882 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM]RUBY_ICS_35_S_TMOUS_2.14.531.1_Radio_1.14.550L.17D C_30.78.550L.15_release

Tip us?

riprowan
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Default Good so far

Installed on unrooted stock T-Mo phone with stock ROM. Installation was painless. ICS working great so far and looks awesome! For my money, just getting the new Gmail is worth the upgrade. Will post later if I find issues.

** THANK YOU ***

eichenberg
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by morrislee View Post
I believe ENG HBOOT is engineering HBOOT, probably just a door opener, this is if you are not from T-Mobile or your phone is heavily nodded
So unless for some unknown reason a ROM states you need ENG HBOOT there is no need to flash it, unless you know what additional things you can get into trouble with on your phone.

gypsy214
Old
Thanks Meter 441
Quote:
Originally Posted by electronicrice View Post
okay so for anyone who hasn't followed along:

1) be locked with s-off using juopunutbear's s-off method.
2) flash the eng hboot 1.90.2005
3) with s-off and the eng hboot, rename the ruu to ph85img.zip and put on root of external sd card
4) boot into bootloader and apply the update
5) once updated, reflash the eng hboot again
6) flash the cwm 5.5.0.4 recovery in fastboot (fastboot flash recovery *****.img)
7) flash the superuser package in recovery to gain root
how do i flahs the eng hboot? I tried it hboot and it wont do it, tried it with recovery and it adborte it do i need to rename the file

somebody needs to make a new thread with steps by steps like you did
now i am s-off but how do i know if im still htc unlock if the top of fastboot says juopunutbear
The Following User Says Thank You to gypsy214 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Themcknights
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by riprowan View Post
Installed on unrooted stock T-Mo phone with stock ROM. Installation was painless. ICS working great so far and looks awesome! For my money, just getting the new Gmail is worth the upgrade. Will post later if I find issues.

** THANK YOU ***
Hey there, would you see if you are having any issues with Google Play? It seems like the one that came with ICS is 3.47 and the latest one is 3.5.16. That may be the problem. Keep getting "package file is invalid." I found the Google Play APK, but I don't know how to install it without a file manager. I can put the APK on my SD card, but then what?

superevilllama
Old
(Last edited by superevilllama; 24th April 2012 at 07:12 PM.)
Thanks Meter 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsy214 View Post
how do i flahs the eng hboot? I tried it hboot and it wont do it, tried it with recovery and it adborte it do i need to rename the file

somebody needs to make a new thread with steps by steps like you did
now i am s-off but how do i know if im still htc unlock if the top of fastboot says juopunutbear
As long as you have a ENG bootloader or Juopunutbear bootloader you do not need to be htc unlocked. You have full security unlock since you are s-off. Flash away!

Also, to flash the hboot do the following:

2) flash the eng hboot 1.90.2005 (rename to PH85IMG.zip and flash in bootloader)

Bdix
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Will I need my laptop to do this, or can I do it all from my phone?

I'm completely stock.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using XDA

mcv50
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I just wanted to say that I flashed the ICS build from the link above, I unlocked my boot loader (again), I loaded su, superuser and busybox all on my TMobile Amaze 4G. I have to say playing around with it for a couple of hours and I have to say that I am 110% impressed. My phone has all of the apps loaded from the play store and aptoide, but still the OS runs so fluid like. I will chime back in tomorrow letting you know of any faults I find. But my recommendation is to do it. WiFi works, calls work and sound well, internet seems quicker (I am using chrome beta), overall I am very satisfied.

william tanaya
Old
Thanks Meter 21
So, CMIIW but i saw some post that says you don't have to be s-off if you got your amaze from t-mobile. is that true?
because my phone is Amaze4g from t-mobile, rooted, but s-on.
and just to make sure, if i flashed this update, will i lose my root?

BluechipJ
Old
Thanks Meter 291

DONATE TO ME
FileFactory is getting hammered but a search turned up this: http://multidownld.com/files/5INTBXS...ech.info5d.zip

(I did not create or mirror this. Use at your own risk.)
My Xperia X10/arc/Tablet S/Xperia S/Xperia Ion Videos: http://www.youtube.com/bluechipj

superevilllama
Old
Thanks Meter 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by william tanaya View Post
So, CMIIW but i saw some post that says you don't have to be s-off if you got your amaze from t-mobile. is that true?
because my phone is Amaze4g from t-mobile, rooted, but s-on.
and just to make sure, if i flashed this update, will i lose my root?
S off is only required if you want to keep s off after updating. You can flash with S on but may lose the ability to achieve s off in the future after updating (this is different from root, you can still be s on, ics and rooted by using the htc dev unlock tool). Until someone can prove otherwise this is the case.

If you do not care about s off, flash away, if you do, then s off first, load eng bootloader and then flash.

The Following User Says Thank You to superevilllama For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
amazing, ics, official tmobile update, read the first 2 posts n00bs, super awesomesauce