Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,408 Members 53,437 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

GSM Galaxy Nexus available in the USA direct from Google Play - $399 No Contract

Tip us?

oldblue910
Old
Recognized Contributor / Archivist-in-Chief - OP
Thanks Meter 2,214

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindWolf8 View Post
I see this phone is unlocked which means it'll work on both AT&T and T-Mobile, but are we talking 3G on AT&T and crap on T-Mobile, or great speeds on T-Mobile and EDGE on AT&T? My understanding is that you can't get the fastest speeds on both carriers due to radio conflicts. I'm on T-Mobile so I need to know. Thanks!
You will get full EDGE, 3G, and HSPA+ "4G" on either AT&T or T-Mobile with this phone. It supports every single GSM/UMTS frequency. Buy it, put it on whatever carrier you want.
Every OTA update for every Nexus and Google Experience device since the Motorola Droid at http://www.randomphantasmagoria.com/firmware.

Model:
Carrier:
ROM:
Radio:
Bootloader:

LG G3
LG-LS990
Sprint
g3_spr_us 4.4.2 / KVT49L
2.0.c1.13-00009
LS990ZV4

Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 8.0
SM-T337A
AT&T
milletlteuc 4.4.2 / KOT49H
T337AUCU1ANF4
T337AUCU1ANF4

Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
SM-P907A
AT&T
viennalteatt 4.4.2 / KOT49H
P907AUCU1AND7
P907AUCU1AND7

Samsung Gear Live
SM-R382
N/A
sprat 4.4W.1 / KGW42N
N/A
SPRAT.NH1
The Following User Says Thank You to oldblue910 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

babymatteo
Old
Thanks Meter 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindWolf8 View Post
I see this phone is unlocked which means it'll work on both AT&T and T-Mobile, but are we talking 3G on AT&T and crap on T-Mobile, or great speeds on T-Mobile and EDGE on AT&T? My understanding is that you can't get the fastest speeds on both carriers due to radio conflicts. I'm on T-Mobile so I need to know. Thanks!
Alil use of the search engine would've been very useful to you...but for what its worth, i do get H+ w/ my Tmobile $30/month plan. Since getting the IMM76I update and UGLC1 radio, i ave 4-12mbps dl.
Silky White LG G3 D851

The Following User Says Thank You to babymatteo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

YoungAceAtlanta
Old
Thanks Meter 152
You can expect the price to drop on all phones.. the Galaxy Nexus is pretty mid-range old now.. plus the HTC One Series is out..then the GS3 is coming out. its only fair that the Galaxy Nexus was gonna get a price cut.. Same way Apple does with its iPhones.. every time a new iPhone comes out the last Gen becomes cheaper

im not regretting paying $600..
Phone History/Current line up

Android:
Samsung Galaxy S5 - White
HTC One M8 - Gunmetal
Samsung Galaxy Note III
Nexus 10
iOS:
iPhone 5 iOS 7.0
iPad Mini iOS 6.X

babymatteo
Old
Thanks Meter 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretlow View Post
Do you have a rough estimate of how much to ship it?
That's up to you to find out. I live in Cali and have family in Italy, so I use DHL whenever i send out stuff to them.
Silky White LG G3 D851

grim82
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Well I just ordered one and will be joining the party. My HTC G2 will be retired. Sure it's getting to be mid-range but it's looking like T-Mobile is going to charge $600 off contract for the One S and that's not worth it in my book.

oldblue910
Old
Recognized Contributor / Archivist-in-Chief - OP
Thanks Meter 2,214

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by grim82 View Post
Well I just ordered one and will be joining the party. My HTC G2 will be retired. Sure it's getting to be mid-range but it's looking like T-Mobile is going to charge $600 off contract for the One S and that's not worth it in my book.
I replaced my G2 with a Nexus S back in February, 2011 and I still miss that phone to this day. That G2 was one hell of a piece of hardware. Possibly the best phone I ever owned.
Every OTA update for every Nexus and Google Experience device since the Motorola Droid at http://www.randomphantasmagoria.com/firmware.

Model:
Carrier:
ROM:
Radio:
Bootloader:

LG G3
LG-LS990
Sprint
g3_spr_us 4.4.2 / KVT49L
2.0.c1.13-00009
LS990ZV4

Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 8.0
SM-T337A
AT&T
milletlteuc 4.4.2 / KOT49H
T337AUCU1ANF4
T337AUCU1ANF4

Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
SM-P907A
AT&T
viennalteatt 4.4.2 / KOT49H
P907AUCU1AND7
P907AUCU1AND7

Samsung Gear Live
SM-R382
N/A
sprat 4.4W.1 / KGW42N
N/A
SPRAT.NH1

mad_vtak
Old
Thanks Meter 5
They need to sell the GSM docks on there!!

nathan118
Old
Thanks Meter 32
So excited. Placed an order at Expansys yesterday, and called up and cancelled as soon as I saw this wonderful news!

Still don't understand how this is a "mid tier" phone, especially if you're on tmobile. Best screen available to Tmo customers. I don't care what benchmarks say about the One S if I'll never tell the difference. One S camera is probably better, but for me, vanilla android and updates far outweigh a slightly better camera.

pewpewbangbang
Old
Thanks Meter 273
There's still tax and shipping so what's the final price? $430??

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA

Ngo93
Old
Thanks Meter 970
Dang, bought for $600 off of Negri about a month ago lol. At least their customer service is amazing though. The pain of contacting Google and switching out these Nexus's for problems w/ banding, coloring, etc. may make it almost worth it hahaha. Hope everyone gets some good units from these purchases!