Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

GSM Galaxy Nexus available in the USA direct from Google Play - $399 No Contract

OP oldblue910

24th April 2012, 08:37 PM   |  #51  
OP Recognized Contributor / Archivist-in-Chief
Flag Durham, NC
Thanks Meter: 2,456

3,503 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindWolf8

I see this phone is unlocked which means it'll work on both AT&T and T-Mobile, but are we talking 3G on AT&T and crap on T-Mobile, or great speeds on T-Mobile and EDGE on AT&T? My understanding is that you can't get the fastest speeds on both carriers due to radio conflicts. I'm on T-Mobile so I need to know. Thanks!

You will get full EDGE, 3G, and HSPA+ "4G" on either AT&T or T-Mobile with this phone. It supports every single GSM/UMTS frequency. Buy it, put it on whatever carrier you want.
The Following User Says Thank You to oldblue910 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th April 2012, 08:38 PM   |  #52  
Flag SoCal
Thanks Meter: 741

2,787 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindWolf8

I see this phone is unlocked which means it'll work on both AT&T and T-Mobile, but are we talking 3G on AT&T and crap on T-Mobile, or great speeds on T-Mobile and EDGE on AT&T? My understanding is that you can't get the fastest speeds on both carriers due to radio conflicts. I'm on T-Mobile so I need to know. Thanks!

Alil use of the search engine would've been very useful to you...but for what its worth, i do get H+ w/ my Tmobile $30/month plan. Since getting the IMM76I update and UGLC1 radio, i ave 4-12mbps dl.
The Following User Says Thank You to babymatteo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th April 2012, 08:39 PM   |  #53  
Flag New York, NY
Thanks Meter: 153

1,232 posts
More
You can expect the price to drop on all phones.. the Galaxy Nexus is pretty mid-range old now.. plus the HTC One Series is out..then the GS3 is coming out. its only fair that the Galaxy Nexus was gonna get a price cut.. Same way Apple does with its iPhones.. every time a new iPhone comes out the last Gen becomes cheaper

im not regretting paying $600..
24th April 2012, 08:41 PM   |  #54  
Flag SoCal
Thanks Meter: 741

2,787 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretlow

Do you have a rough estimate of how much to ship it?

That's up to you to find out. I live in Cali and have family in Italy, so I use DHL whenever i send out stuff to them.
24th April 2012, 08:45 PM   |  #55  
Minneapolis, MN
Thanks Meter: 6

57 posts
More
Well I just ordered one and will be joining the party. My HTC G2 will be retired. Sure it's getting to be mid-range but it's looking like T-Mobile is going to charge $600 off contract for the One S and that's not worth it in my book.
24th April 2012, 09:04 PM   |  #56  
OP Recognized Contributor / Archivist-in-Chief
Flag Durham, NC
Thanks Meter: 2,456

3,503 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by grim82

Well I just ordered one and will be joining the party. My HTC G2 will be retired. Sure it's getting to be mid-range but it's looking like T-Mobile is going to charge $600 off contract for the One S and that's not worth it in my book.

I replaced my G2 with a Nexus S back in February, 2011 and I still miss that phone to this day. That G2 was one hell of a piece of hardware. Possibly the best phone I ever owned.
24th April 2012, 09:07 PM   |  #57  
Flag Memfrica
Thanks Meter: 5

303 posts
More
They need to sell the GSM docks on there!!
24th April 2012, 09:11 PM   |  #58  
Thanks Meter: 32

37 posts
So excited. Placed an order at Expansys yesterday, and called up and cancelled as soon as I saw this wonderful news!

Still don't understand how this is a "mid tier" phone, especially if you're on tmobile. Best screen available to Tmo customers. I don't care what benchmarks say about the One S if I'll never tell the difference. One S camera is probably better, but for me, vanilla android and updates far outweigh a slightly better camera.
24th April 2012, 09:15 PM   |  #59  
Flag Ann Arbor & NYC
Thanks Meter: 273

2,015 posts
More
There's still tax and shipping so what's the final price? $430??

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA
24th April 2012, 09:16 PM   |  #60  
Thanks Meter: 983

2,482 posts
Dang, bought for $600 off of Negri about a month ago lol. At least their customer service is amazing though. The pain of contacting Google and switching out these Nexus's for problems w/ banding, coloring, etc. may make it almost worth it hahaha. Hope everyone gets some good units from these purchases!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread