Ask a question

No registration required

[ROM]RUBY_ICS_35_S_TMOUS_2.14.531.1_Radio_1.14.550L.17D C_30.78.550L.15_release

OP LlabTooFeR

24th April 2012, 08:44 PM   |  #631  
Vancouver, BC
Thanks Meter: 9

92 posts
how do i flash Superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed.zip via fastboot?
for some reason i m not able to boot into recovery that i can't flash su
help pls!
24th April 2012, 08:46 PM   |  #632  
Flag auburn, wa
Thanks Meter: 21

204 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by superevilllama

S off is only required if you want to keep s off after updating. You can flash with S on but may lose the ability to achieve s off in the future after updating (this is different from root, you can still be s on, ics and rooted by using the htc dev unlock tool). Until someone can prove otherwise this is the case.

If you do not care about s off, flash away, if you do, then s off first, load eng bootloader and then flash.

Okay. that clear things up.
And, I'm just wondering, what really the advantages of s-off, beside to superCID it?
24th April 2012, 08:48 PM   |  #633  
Thanks Meter: 114

369 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by william tanaya

Okay. that clear things up.
And, I'm just wondering, what really the advantages of s-off, beside to superCID it?

SuperCID, additional fastboot commands..coolness factor. If you are not super geeky with flashing and using adb, may not really need it. User preference.
24th April 2012, 08:50 PM   |  #634  
Flag auburn, wa

204 posts
More
Quote:

SuperCID, additional fastboot commands..coolness factor. If you are not super geeky with flashing and using adb, may not really need it. User preference.

alright. so that's gonna be no for me. I don't even know why i root this phone, except to remove the bloatware and installed a new rom.
24th April 2012, 08:50 PM   |  #635  
Thanks Meter: 40

297 posts
More
Quote:

S off is only required if you want to keep s off after updating. You can flash with S on but may lose the ability to achieve s off in the future after updating (this is different from root, you can still be s on, ics and rooted by using the htc dev unlock tool). Until someone can prove otherwise this is the case.

If you do not care about s off, flash away, if you do, then s off first, load eng bootloader and then flash.

Hey buddy, any ideas on why I would be getting "Package File is Invalid?" I have S-On and it's locked (T-Mobile). I was under the impression that I could just flash it by putting it on my memory card. That's the only problem that I've found to this point. Help...

thanks
24th April 2012, 08:54 PM   |  #636  
Flag auburn, wa

204 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themcknights

Hey buddy, any ideas on why I would be getting "Package File is Invalid?" I have S-On and it's locked (T-Mobile). I was under the impression that I could just flash it by putting it on my memory card. That's the only problem that I've found to this point. Help...

thanks

well. so far, i tried to flash it too. from what i saw on the earlier posts, rename it to PH85IMG.zip, put it to root, and then reboot to bootloader. but that's as far as i go. it's says no image, no image or wrong image, and it's loading forever. maybe i'll try to redownload it.

Quote:

You quoted the actual steps and then made your own steps. Follow the ACTUAL steps and it will work. If you are s-off follow the provided instructions, if you are S-on, and have no desire to be s-off in the future, then yes, you will need to go back to stock rom and recovery and flash like normal.

edit: i'm so stupid. I have to go back to stock rom. i'm currently using NRG.
Last edited by william tanaya; 24th April 2012 at 08:58 PM.
24th April 2012, 08:56 PM   |  #637  
Thanks Meter: 13

178 posts
Ok so I got the zip, renamed it to PH85IMG.zip
I put it in ext_sd.
I do not have a sd card!!!!
I also tried it on /mnt/sdcard

Not at the same time!!!!

I got into hboot, and clicked on recovery.

It went to a black screen with a phone with green arrows that made a circle . It satvlike that for 30sec then went to a red triangle with !

I had to pull the battery and everything was fine.

What am I doing wrong???????

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using XDA
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1335293502229.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	1022777   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1335293753652.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	121.7 KB
ID:	1022790  
24th April 2012, 09:04 PM   |  #638  
Flag Oklahoma City
Thanks Meter: 174

629 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdix

Ok so I got the zip, renamed it to PH85IMG.zip
I put it in ext_sd.
I do not have a sd card!!!!
I also tried it on /mnt/sdcard

Not at the same time!!!!

I got into hboot, and clicked on recovery.

It went to a black screen with a phone with green arrows that made a circle . It satvlike that for 30sec then went to a red triangle with !

I had to pull the battery and everything was fine.

What am I doing wrong???????

you dont need to go into recovery! just place the PH8IMG.zip in the root of your sd card, restart with Volume down + Power button, and it does the rest.. just make sure you relock your bootloader before you start this...once it finds the PH8IMG just updates everything, it might also reboot the bootloader once, just have to be patience and everything is simple!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Perry977 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th April 2012, 09:07 PM   |  #639  
Flag auburn, wa

204 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry977

you dont need to go into recovery! just place the PH8IMG.zip in the root of your sd card, restart with Volume down + Power button, and it does the rest.. just make sure you relock your bootloader before you start this...once it finds the PH8IMG just updates everything, it might also reboot the bootloader once, just have to be patience and everything is simple!!

how do you relock bootloader, and which stock rom did you use?
24th April 2012, 09:09 PM   |  #640  
Thanks Meter: 13

178 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry977

I'm completely stock.

How does it look for it? I go into hboot and nothing happens. It just sits there like normal. Should I give it a few min, or something?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
amazing, ics, official tmobile update, read the first 2 posts n00bs, super awesomesauce
Previous Thread Next Thread