Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,404 Members 48,287 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Guide][GBtoICS][T-Mobile] Instructions+Links -UPDATED 4/3/13

Tip us?

buycat
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have tried the same thing. I have also done this on other phones in the past but I just can't get this to work. It gets to HBOOT and examines the files and says No image found. Any help? Thanks.

sabotank
Old
Thanks Meter 4
did you put in on the HTC storage partition or the "removable disc" one? i put it on the HTC one not paying attention (which is bad) and hboot couldn't find it. so i moved it over. also, just delete all the stuff after PH85IMG. you should not have to add .zip (or it might show up as PH85IMG.zip.zip)

buycat
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I don't feel so bad anymore. I re-downloaded the files and it worked. My first download must've been bad.

dasudevil
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by buycat View Post
I don't feel so bad anymore. I re-downloaded the files and it worked. My first download must've been bad.
You are completely stock right? When you flashed this new file what new tmobile crap was added or removed?

I am completely stock and honestly a bit scared of rooting/ unlocking the phone but I really hate all this T-Mobile crap. Anyone in phx want some cash for a root... Lol
dASUdevil
HTC MT4G (wht) sold CL
HTC MT3G (wht) sold CL

MadRex24
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulsewave View Post
never lose faith my friend, just because S-off has been achieved doesn't meen a functioning port of Sense 4 is any less of a major PITA, look at the Desire HD/Inspire, they've taken the first steps but the port is still being ironed out

With ICS out now things will be a little bit easier for devs but its still gonna take some time
I hear ya. I'm trying to hang in there, but it's definitely getting harder by the day not to switch over to his little brother (Sensation 4g) soon.

Sent from my HTC Amaze 4g using XDA

juwls305
Old
Thanks Meter 7

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadRex24 View Post
I hear ya. I'm trying to hang in there, but it's definitely getting harder by the day not to switch over to his little brother (Sensation 4g) soon.

Sent from my HTC Amaze 4g using XDA
i hear you.. But I always remind myself what I'll lose

1. 16gig Internal storage
2. Better Camera
3. Font Camera that Records 720p hd
4. Gig of ram
5. From 1.5 ghz to 1.2ghz (I know you can overclock that but still)
6. To me the display is brighter and colors look better compared to the sensation

lamenramen
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by juwls305 View Post
i hear you.. But I always remind myself what I'll lose

1. 16gig Internal storage
2. Better Camera
3. Font Camera that Records 720p hd
4. Gig of ram
5. From 1.5 ghz to 1.2ghz (I know you can overclock that but still)
6. To me the display is brighter and colors look better compared to the sensation
Agreed. The Amaze's screen must be different than the Sensation's. It's definitely got more nits, and colors pop more (my personal preference) and there seems to be less glare (don't quote me on that one) b/c there is less distance between the actual screen and the covering glass. I was ready to buy the sensation b/c it's so much cheaper, but I could not get over how nice the screen on the Amaze is.
The biggest thing holding back the Amaze is that it's on T-mobile and its battery life.
glacierguy Old
Thanks Meter 0
This still the ics thread?

Sent from my HTC Ruby running Sense 3.6
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Karmavore
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Yes, I assume so. I was running stock. Updated, and haven't had any issues. Except Facebook won't sync into my contacts, but I found a workaround. Syncmypix. Also, soft key disable apps like Screen Filter won't work. Just disable automatic brightness. Another issue. 'No lock' does not work. I haven't found a suitable lock screen toggle yet, any ideas?

stefnuts
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Regarding the official ICS release please...

Hi everyone,

Apparently everyone here other than me has a rooted phone.

I'm not interested in "leaks," I'm interested in the real deal.

Having said that, any official word about when ICS will be released now that the leaks are out?

Thanks,
stefnuts