Android 5.0.2 Fixes 2012 Nexus 7! Sony’s Making a Google Glass Competitor? – XDA TV

Android 5.0.2 Lollipop is available for the … more

Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

TF101 USB Kit

OP denhib

24th April 2012, 02:53 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Florida
Thanks Meter: 4

32 posts
More
http://www.amazon.com/BLACK-TF101-ep...pd_sim_sbs_e_1

Has anyone used one of these before?
24th April 2012, 03:09 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 10

75 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by denhib

http://www.amazon.com/BLACK-TF101-ep...pd_sim_sbs_e_1

Has anyone used one of these before?

Yeah, I've got one. It does what it says but a word of warning, it sits loosely when connected to the transformer. It's very handy though as I don't have a dock and so far everything I've plugged into it works well.
24th April 2012, 04:23 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 410

941 posts
I just got mine today (actually 30mins ago).
Already taken it apart and are going to modify it. I dont fancy having 1dm extra height on my tablet, especially not on the underside. (edit: ok I lied, its actually only 8.3cm..... only...)

And yes, it sits quite loosely.

Im going to post a guide if my mod is successful. I am also going to try and add a charger port on it.
24th April 2012, 04:48 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 10

75 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatshocker

I just got mine today (actually 30mins ago).
Already taken it apart and are going to modify it. I dont fancy having 1dm extra height on my tablet, especially not on the underside. (edit: ok I lied, its actually only 8.3cm..... only...)

And yes, it sits quite loosely.

Im going to post a guide if my mod is successful. I am also going to try and add a charger port on it.

I don't know if it would be possible but how about adding another usb port. This would save using a USB hub to connect more than one peripheral to the transformer.
24th April 2012, 09:17 PM   |  #5  

941 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael_duvalle

I don't know if it would be possible but how about adding another usb port. This would save using a USB hub to connect more than one peripheral to the transformer.

Simply adding another usb port isnt possible, you still need the hub control chip.
That would be possible to do but would require you to make a new 'case' for the adapter, and it would get quite big (relatively).
25th April 2012, 04:44 AM   |  #6  
OP Member
Florida
Thanks Meter: 4

32 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael_duvalle

Yeah, I've got one. It does what it says but a word of warning, it sits loosely when connected to the transformer. It's very handy though as I don't have a dock and so far everything I've plugged into it works well.

That was what I was hoping as I don't have a dock either. I wonder if you can plug a wireless keyboard/mouse adapter into it.
25th April 2012, 08:11 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 2

19 posts
Anyone know of a good place I can get this from in the UK. Can't seem to find it anywhere!
25th April 2012, 10:04 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 88

101 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by denhib

That was what I was hoping as I don't have a dock either. I wonder if you can plug a wireless keyboard/mouse adapter into it.

Yes, you can. I tried with my set (from Acer Aspire PC) and it worked without any problems.
25th April 2012, 01:10 PM   |  #9  
Flag Perth
Thanks Meter: 2

17 posts
You can find them on ebay. Relatively expensive though.

---------- Post added at 12:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

In fact, there's one going right now, fairly cheap, but you might be bidding against me....

seller is 'buyspry'
25th April 2012, 01:30 PM   |  #10  

941 posts
I really miss a right-click feature when using a mouse while remote controlling a PC :/... not that that has anything to do with the adapter though.

Im not sure I should post my guide on how to add a cable to the adapter... It wasnt my best day and it turned out quite disasterous I somehow managed to kill 2 solder points so had to find alternative source lol

And I gave up on the charging port... I couldnt for the life of me figure out which pins is for charging. The ones I thought (by comparing to the original charger cable) turned out to just short-circut the TF

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread