XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][SGH-I777][4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 nightly builds | DISCUSSION THREAD

Tip us?

R2D2_SW
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerbaronstatic View Post
Have any of your apps updated recently? An app update is always a potential cause
Good point. However, when I restore, I get the message saying that some apps have updates available but I don't download the updates. So this means, my apps status is the same as it was when I originally made the backup, and therefore I should not get an RILJ wakelock I would assume.

switters1
Old
Thanks Meter 23
GPS was working great on 4/17 but now it stopped and can't find a lock (navigation is always searching for GPS)

What happened? I haven't flashed anything new (still on 4/17)

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

KJ7409
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by harleydad82 View Post
I would like this to be true, but i've been reading so many ppl having problems, and some are doing a full wipe. Anyone else? I'm wanting to keep up but, don't want to start a bunch of problems. Once i flash the latest nightly, what needs to be done with the storage?
the full wipe was required if you installed the NFC enabler mod, as it is now implemented into the ROM. you should be fine.
The Following User Says Thank You to KJ7409 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

butikofer08
Old
(Last edited by butikofer08; 24th April 2012 at 08:37 PM.)
Thanks Meter 105
It never locked for me on 4/17 unless I used a GPS fix app, I currently use faster fix and have to use it every time I use navigation
Edit: just used GPS for first time on 4/23, locked in a few seconds with no fix needed.
The Following User Says Thank You to butikofer08 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aj9507
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by butikofer08 View Post
It never locked for me on 4/17 unless I used a GPS fix app, I currently use faster fix and have to use it every time I use navigation
Edit: just used GPS for first time on 4/23, locked in a few seconds with no fix needed.
That's good to hear thanks for the update. I do have a question how did the gyro (compass) work for you when you were using gps? I heard from a few post that it was a lil wonky in the past few nightlies. thanks in advance.

AT&T SGH-I777
Nightlies

thracemerin
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5812

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj9507 View Post
That's good to hear thanks for the update. I do have a question how did the gyro (compass) work for you when you were using gps? I heard from a few post that it was a lil wonky in the past few nightlies. thanks in advance.
Compass works while GPS is active since the GPS can figure out which direction you are facing, without GPS however the compass is still wonky, it has to do with the open source sensor HAL, Entropy said in the GT-I9100 thread that atm its either the light sensor or the compass, only one will work at a time, they're working on it.

XDA New User Guide <--> XDA Forum Rules <--> Need a Moderators Help?
Problems with a CM nightly? PSA - Nightlies <--> Request from DvTonder <--> How to get Logs
Current Project: m_plus kernel for mako: [4.2.2] [4.3 (JS)] [4.4]

The Following User Says Thank You to thracemerin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

switters1
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by butikofer08 View Post
Did 4/23 or another update since 4/17 fix something GPS related?

If not, this observation might just be noise-- like my initial improved GPS performance on 4/17

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

Lekerstein
Old
Thanks Meter 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ7409 View Post
the full wipe was required if you installed the NFC enabler mod, as it is now implemented into the ROM. you should be fine.
Ah, right, that's why I didn't have to do full wipe - I didn't previously have the NFC hack. As such, I haven't had any issues with just wiping cache and dalvik from 4/17 to 4/22.

So to make this as simple as possible: if coming from 4/17 or earlier and you DIDNT have the NFC hack, just wipe cache and dalvik. Don't even worry about dealing with anything concerning mount points - its under the hood and does not affect anything you do as long as you haven't previously fracked it up (as they would say in Battlestar Galactica). Do the full wipe if you had the NFC hack previously.

Someone else can correct me if this is wrong, but it has worked perfectly for me.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA
The Following User Says Thank You to Lekerstein For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aj9507
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by thracemerin View Post
Compass works while GPS is active since the GPS can figure out which direction you are facing, without GPS however the compass is still wonky, it has to do with the open source sensor HAL, Entropy said in the GT-I9100 thread that atm its either the light sensor or the compass, only one will work at a time, they're working on it.

K thanks for the clarification. Again thanks to the CM team and all who are involved

AT&T SGH-I777
Nightlies

avus_m3
Old
(Last edited by avus_m3; 24th April 2012 at 11:13 PM.)
Thanks Meter 25
4/23 build is working great!! For some reason I had to go back to CWM and flash gapps a second time after fresh install but no big deal. Rom is running great and GPS is fantastic! On older builds my GPS location at work was always on the other side of the road down the block (only noticed at work). Now it shows me exactly where I am at.

Data speeds/stability seem like they are better as well?! Oh, I tested beam functionality and it works! I had some contact info passed over from an a Nexus S.

Tags
cm9, cyanogenmod, ice cream sandwich, ics, teamhacksung