Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,628 Members 39,680 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[P6200/6210/T869] CyanogenMod 9 (DEFUNCT)

Tip us?

sorrowuk
Old
Thanks Meter 71
So were you able to get more than 1 satellite ?

You looking to do a developer preview 3 anytime soon with working gps and wifi ?

Then only maybe light sensor not that important though, so camera and bluetooth

kzoodroid
Old
Thanks Meter 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorrowuk View Post
So were you able to get more than 1 satellite ?

You looking to do a developer preview 3 anytime soon with working gps and wifi ?

Then only maybe light sensor not that important though, so camera and bluetooth
I suggest you read the rules before posting as asking for ETA's is highly frowned on in the community. And insulting the devs isn't the best way to make friends here, i.e. things aren't fixed based upon their importance to you.
Moto X GSM Dev. Ed.- 4.4.3, Stock w/ Xposed GEL; Nexus 4 - Stock 4.4.4, Rooted; Galaxy Tab 7 Plus - Stock 4.2

aorth
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1994
I would post a new build, but I'm not ready to support a bunch of half working features, so I'm going to keep testing and refining until I think it's stable enough to throw to you guys. The alternative, if you can't wait, is to get involved in the development. It's easy to build it yourself if you have a few hours to clone repos and compile crap.

Wifi's going to be tricky, it's real porting, real development. There are serious issues with getting wifi working, it's not a walk in the park. Just hang tight
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to aorth For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aorth
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1994
Default Wifi... sometimes

Ok, so I now know what locerra was saying about wifi "kinda" working...

I happened to be in the same room as my router when I turned my tablet on after work today, and BAM! Wifi. It's super buggy, and I'm still getting FCs in a lot of apps (possibly related to the OSS sensors we switched to last weekend, I'm not sure), so I can't upload betas for you guys to play with just yet. Sorry!
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to aorth For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aorth
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1994
Default Status Update

Status update: I just got the smdk4210 kernel booting. This is the 3.0.y-based kernel that the Galaxy S2 people are using. locerra made the necessary changes in the kernel for our tabs to boot this, and I've just done a test build for P6200. It works:

The kernel we were using before was the 2.6.36-based kernel from Samsung's GPL source release. I believe the future is for us to stick to a kernel which is closer to other Samsung Exynos 4210 devices (and more ICS devices in general).

I've only had a brief look around, but I can see that the momentary "blanking" on screen rotation is fixed. Sensors still more or less work (like they more or less did before!). Telephony isn't working, not sure why. Sound is working nicely. Brightness controls are a bit b0rked cuz we didn't update our lights library (Torch works, though).

Stay tuned...
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to aorth For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chrisrotolo
Old
Thanks Meter 453

DONATE TO ME
looks like a bit more memory too huh??

patiently waiting....

aorth
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1994
Default TriangleAway working...

Another perk of this new smdk4210 kernel... we can now reset the pesky flash counter:

Basically, Samsung's ICS kernels expose a new mmc partition, /sys/block/mmcblk0boot0. It's not present in Gingerbread or Honeycomb kernels. If you're running a ROM with this ICS kernel, Chainfire's TriangleAway makes quick work of resetting the flash counter. Good to know!

Thanks to Chainfire for TriangleAway, and also to locerra for getting this new kernel booting on our tablets.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to aorth For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chrisrotolo
Old
Thanks Meter 453

DONATE TO ME
w00t! w00h00! Nice.

Keep us posted.Does locerra accept donations?

locerra
Old
Thanks Meter 1017

DONATE TO ME
no he doesn't

Also, hardware accelerated video is working on the tab 7.7, so hopefully it is working for you as well. I was afraid telephony would break, try the galaxys2 libs + conf and see if that works.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to locerra For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chrisrotolo
Old
Thanks Meter 453

DONATE TO ME
ah well. I'll donate to cyanogen for their nice work.

Thanks guys for all the hard work and effort.

The Following User Says Thank You to chrisrotolo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
cm9, cyanogenmod, delectable zestiness!, gt-p6200, ics, tab 7 plus, vote aorth for recognized developer!