Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,700 Members 42,748 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[KERNEL] 2.6.29.6-nAa-14 [23/8/12] Custom Gingerbread kernel + CWM Recovery

Tip us?

odiad
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Hi,

I've installed nAa-Kernel and later CM7.2.2. (step by step as explained in CM7.2.2 thread). I did this without SIM-Card (should have no influence - or?). Everthing seemed okay, but later I inserted SIM-Card - no GSM. Also in network-search no other operator (i tried this with two SIM / ePlus /Tmobile - normally good signal strength at home). Wifi is working.
I tried PC Companion and Seus without success. After flashing Stock-Rom didn't work. After boot and PIN insertion no launcher appers, no GSM, no functions. Only the blue background picture of Sony launcher, and notification slider works.
I tried to flash Stock kernel (Paul-xxx has uploaded long time ago), but it didn't help. And I found no other Kernel - al links are broken.

So at the moment I've installed XMP-Rom, generell function are okay but I can't call. This reduces the sense of a mobile phone a little bit ;)

Any ideas / solutions?

Regards Odiad

SmaRkieS
Old
Thanks Meter 55

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by odiad View Post
Hi,

I've installed nAa-Kernel and later CM7.2.2. (step by step as explained in CM7.2.2 thread). I did this without SIM-Card (should have no influence - or?). Everthing seemed okay, but later I inserted SIM-Card - no GSM. Also in network-search no other operator (i tried this with two SIM / ePlus /Tmobile - normally good signal strength at home). Wifi is working.
I tried PC Companion and Seus without success. After flashing Stock-Rom didn't work. After boot and PIN insertion no launcher appers, no GSM, no functions. Only the blue background picture of Sony launcher, and notification slider works.
I tried to flash Stock kernel (Paul-xxx has uploaded long time ago), but it didn't help. And I found no other Kernel - al links are broken.

So at the moment I've installed XMP-Rom, generell function are okay but I can't call. This reduces the sense of a mobile phone a little bit ;)

Any ideas / solutions?

Regards Odiad
Restore back to original firmware using SE PC Companion, and re unlock bootloader again.

adrianjos
Old
Thanks Meter 26

DONATE TO ME
It's posible to port this kernel to SK17i?

odiad
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmaRkieS View Post
Restore back to original firmware using SE PC Companion, and re unlock bootloader again.
Hi SmaRkieS

as I wrote I tried PC Companion and SEUS. Both with same result. After flashing phone reboots not into normal launcher. It is only Sony blue background picture, but nothing else. No launcher, no apps. Screen reacts, but only function is notification slider.
So SEUS and Companion doesn't work. I tried to load CWM backup (I tried a backup to rooted Stcok-ROM and to Pauls SonyStyle-ROM, with nAa-Kernel and with Stock-Kernel, but GSM doesn't work. At the moment I have no idea what to do.

Regards Odiad

xopito_cc
Old
Thanks Meter 8
@odiad:

Why don't you flash to stock using seus/pc companion again and then try to make again the whole process to install the rom (root, unlock bootloader, kernel) but with the Sim card inside ur phone?

Sent from my U20i using xda premium

craterib
Old
(Last edited by craterib; 26th April 2012 at 03:28 PM.) Reason: grammar error
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Hi,

Any ideas / solutions?

Regards Odiad
Hi,
Try using flashtool and flash one of the firmwares (under your device name, u20i for x10 minipro) given in the same page.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=826455

After flashing see if network is available. To rule out sim card error check it by inserting it in a different phone. Use another sim card and see if it works in your phone.

All the best!

odiad
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by craterib View Post
Hi,
Try using flashtool and flash one of the firmwares (under your device name, u20i for x10 minipro) given in the same page.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=826455

After flashing see if network is available. To rule out sim card error check it by inserting it in a different phone. Use another sim card and see if it works in your phone.

All the best!

Hello craterib,
all links to german ROMs are broken (unfortunately) but I would like to try with UK-Rom. But download ROM is a zip-file, ni tft-file. And Flashtool show no zip. And CWM also not work. Or is it a xrecovery-ROM ?

Regards Odiad

odiad
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Hello craterib,
all links to german ROMs are broken (unfortunately) but I would like to try with UK-Rom. But download ROM is a zip-file, ni tft-file. And Flashtool show no zip. And CWM also not work. Or is it a xrecovery-ROM ?

Regards Odiad

Does anybody has an a Stock ROM (german or english language) as a ftf-file for Flashtool on harddrive ? Please upload and tell me upload-link. I need this to get my GSM running (hopefully). I tried all other ways (SEUS/PC Companion/Other Kernels and ROMs). So please upload ftf.

Thanks in advance, Regards Odiad

odiad
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by xopito_cc View Post
@odiad:

Why don't you flash to stock using seus/pc companion again and then try to make again the whole process to install the rom (root, unlock bootloader, kernel) but with the Sim card inside ur phone?

Sent from my U20i using xda premium

Hello xopito_cc,

yes of course from the moment when I add the SIM and had the problems of missing GSM function I tried to flash several Roms/Kernel - and everytime with SIM. I don't think that missing SIM was the reason for these problems, but anyway - problem of missing GSM is still there.

Regards Odiad

PS: Has anybody stock rom as ftf-file ?

static28
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 921
Quote:
Originally Posted by slade87 View Post
hey NAA,
I must say the last version of your Kernel is merely excellent! Its very responsive and snappy as well as now rock stable for me! Thanks for porting it over to our device!
I wish I had more time at the moment My fingers are itching to work on something new

did not see this.. slade was alive last feb.. woohoo!
miss this guy!

PRESS "THE BUTTON" IF YOU THINK I DID!
My Soaps:
U20i - MiniCM9 +nAa ICS 04 kernel OWSUM!
SK17i- Official cm9.1 + FXP Kernel nice!
ST18i- Super JB + SuperFusion kernel.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to static28 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]