24th April 2012, 04:28 AM   |  #41  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Michigan
Thanks Meter: 7,034

10,320 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ls3mach

This rom has corrected the wifi issue. Which rom is safe to flash with the Sprint Hotspot unlocked. Am I correct in assuming this because this rom is Gingerbread based?

EDIT

I have S-ON still.

Yes Sparksco's is a GB Rom. It is dead Stock 2.3.4 GB Rooted. IDK if it has the Sprint Hotspot Unlocked. Most of the Roms on here have the Sprint Hotspot, or some type of tether built into the Rom. The S-On would be part of your issue. I take it you used the HTC Unlock Tool? What Android Version are you on? Is it 2.3.4 ? Which ever it is I would suggest going back to Stock Fully Unrooted. Then go through the process of attaining full Root. It will avoid a lot of issues.
24th April 2012, 05:09 AM   |  #42  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 7,879

8,322 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

This rom has corrected the wifi issue. Which rom is safe to flash with the Sprint Hotspot unlocked. Am I correct in assuming this because this rom is Gingerbread based?

EDIT

I have S-ON still.

If you have S-ON just stil to stock unless you get S-OFF. S-ON won't allow you to flash a kernel in recovery which is what flashing any rom tries to do.
24th April 2012, 03:36 PM   |  #43  
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 2,807

5,136 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparksco

If you have S-ON just stil to stock unless you get S-OFF. S-ON won't allow you to flash a kernel in recovery which is what flashing any rom tries to do.

Well maybe that's why his WiFi errors out, the modules are being replaced but boot.img isn't and most of the Sense ROMS now have a custom kernel added.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2
24th April 2012, 04:05 PM   |  #44  
Thanks Meter: 21

267 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparksco

I don't really need S-Off, I just want to flash a rom with hotspot enabled. Le sigh.
24th April 2012, 04:54 PM   |  #45  
Flag Fond du Lac, WI
Thanks Meter: 960

1,651 posts
More
Quote:

I don't really need S-Off, I just want to flash a rom with hotspot enabled. Le sigh.

No s-off = no unlocked hotspot... You caused all these headaches for yourself because you CAN'T FOLLOW DIRECTIONS!!!!!!!

just like here... Every device you have seems to be a struggle for you... Maybe rooting isnt for you???

Sent from my PG06100
Last edited by drob311; 24th April 2012 at 05:13 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to drob311 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th April 2012, 05:12 PM   |  #46  
Thanks Meter: 21

267 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by drob311

No s-off = no unlocked hotspot... You caused all these headaches for yourself because you CAN'T FOLLOW DIRECTIONS!!!!!!!

Sent from my PG06100

I believe you are mistaken. I have S-ON with my Evo 3D and flashed Fresh rom. WIFI and hotspot work perfectly. I can follow instructions. I didn't need S-OFF assuming their was a rom that had hotspot enabled. I didn't want to build a yacht when a pontoon boat would do just fine.
24th April 2012, 05:14 PM   |  #47  
Flag Fond du Lac, WI
Thanks Meter: 960

1,651 posts
More
Quote:

I believe you are mistaken. I have S-ON with my Evo 3D and flashed Fresh rom. WIFI and hotspot work perfectly. I can follow instructions. I didn't need S-OFF assuming their was a rom that had hotspot enabled. I didn't want to build a yacht when a pontoon boat would do just fine.

Why would you use htc's tool... And incase you havent noticed, this isnt the 3d...

Sent from my PG06100
24th April 2012, 05:40 PM   |  #48  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Michigan
Thanks Meter: 7,034

10,320 posts
More
I understand you may not want S-Off, not sure why . But if it's a warrenty thing, you already voided that if you used the HTC Unlock Tool. Also a few other things that were mentioned in the above posts are very important. One is that most of the Roms, not all. But most do have a custom kernel. As mentioned above, that will cause Errors when it tries to flash and cannot. The other is that to have WiFi, and USB Tether. It will be easier to accomplish if your fully rooted. The people here are just trying to save you headaches later on.

TEAM MiK
MikROMs Since 3/13/11
24th April 2012, 06:38 PM   |  #49  
Thanks Meter: 557

451 posts
More
If he STILL doesn't want to s-off then do what you do with the evo 3d and:

fastboot flash boot boot.img

The boot.img from whatever Rom you are flashing. You said you have the 3d so that shouldn't be new for you.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2
24th April 2012, 11:54 PM   |  #50  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 7,879

8,322 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Like the others said if your SO into S-ON then you SHOULD know how to flash a rom/kernel. And post in the correct section for your device!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread