Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Thread Closed

[Bounty] Help get Drew Garen a Flyer !

OP manlord

25th April 2012, 12:17 AM   |  #71  
Senior Member
Flag Indianapolis IN
Thanks Meter: 511
 
3,300 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More
You know I almost bought a view? Newegg had it for $250 and I was mauling over it and wanted to sleep on it first, but I found the buy.com $200 flyer deal as a backup. Woke up the next day and the View went up to $300 so I bought the flyer instead...thank god i did since the View obviously has little developer interest! But I didn't know that at the time, you type in "htc Evo View 4G" on wikipedia and it redirects you to HTC Flyer. So I thought they were the exact same tablet regardless.
25th April 2012, 12:21 AM   |  #72  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 199
 
725 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cor-master

You know I almost bought a view? Newegg had it for $250 and I was mauling over it and wanted to sleep on it first, but I found the buy.com $200 flyer deal as a backup. Woke up the next day and the View went up to $300 so I bought the flyer instead...thank god i did since the View obviously has little developer interest! But I didn't know that at the time, you type in "htc Evo View 4G" on wikipedia and it redirects you to HTC Flyer. So I thought they were the exact same tablet regardless.

Yeah, I bought the View because of the larger storage, but I'm definitely regretting it.
25th April 2012, 02:07 AM   |  #73  
drewgaren's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag Detroit
Thanks Meter: 3,200
 
673 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
Donate to Me
More
View Questions.
The View is very similar to the Flyer. Infact the Flyer even has a version is practically the same as the view and is 4G as well. Because the Flyer and View are so similar if I can find all the correct files neccessary for the View I will be able to compile a build for the View. However I will not be able to test this. I will not work on this until after I have Build ready for the Flyer though. I want to get the Flyer up and running ICS before and I will have the ability to test ICS and any issues on it first.
25th April 2012, 02:37 AM   |  #74  
manlord's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Quebec City
Thanks Meter: 38
 
33 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
Thumbs up
Brand new 25$ just sent.
The Following User Says Thank You to manlord For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th April 2012, 02:43 AM   |  #75  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 199
 
725 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewgaren

The View is very similar to the Flyer. Infact the Flyer even has a version is practically the same as the view and is 4G as well. Because the Flyer and View are so similar if I can find all the correct files neccessary for the View I will be able to compile a build for the View. However I will not be able to test this. I will not work on this until after I have Build ready for the Flyer though. I want to get the Flyer up and running ICS before and I will have the ability to test ICS and any issues on it first.

Great, thank you!
25th April 2012, 10:38 AM   |  #76  
Senior Member
Flag Indianapolis IN
Thanks Meter: 511
 
3,300 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More
I'm very excited to see your work. Excited to the point I just started the process of s-off. I'll try to donate more if I can just don't wanna upset the wife who doesn't see the point and never will lol
Sent from my HTC PH39100 using XDA
25th April 2012, 11:55 PM   |  #77  
drewgaren's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag Detroit
Thanks Meter: 3,200
 
673 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
Donate to Me
More
Updates!
Just got my Flyer from UPS! I opened it up and was sad to see that has 0% charge so I'm charging it up right now so I can begin some hardcore work tonight.

So far I have made progress, I have fixed many compiling issues and everything should boot up fine. I will be compiling build today and then testing out the Flyer for bugs later tonight if all goes well.

Wish me luck. I'll report everything later on my website as well.

Any downloads I have that are ready will be posted eventually on my site and all progress will be updated on the site later tonight or tomorrow.

I won't have any downloads up until I have at least a partially working build up. I have not tested anything yet.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to drewgaren For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th April 2012, 11:59 PM   |  #78  
manlord's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Quebec City
Thanks Meter: 38
 
33 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
Angry
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewgaren

I opened it up and was sad to see that has 0% charge so I'm charging it up right now so I can begin some hardcore work tonight.

The Flyer take forever to charge lol make sure youre plugged in the wall XD
26th April 2012, 10:23 PM   |  #79  
Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
57 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Is the scribe pen an objective of this build ? Willing to donate if we're going to get the pen, not interested in the slightest if not.
26th April 2012, 10:57 PM   |  #80  
Senior Member
Brooklyn NY
Thanks Meter: 52
 
347 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by quails

Is the scribe pen an objective of this build ? Willing to donate if we're going to get the pen, not interested in the slightest if not.

+1. I would love ICS but not at the cost of a fully working pen. for me the scribe is what set this apart from other tablets and I use it extensively. will gladly donate if it maintains this function.

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
htc flyer, vanilla ics
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes