Backup+ Lets You Backup Your App Data on Android Lollipop

Even though Android 5.0 Lollipop hasn’t yet seen its official release, quite … more

TechTalk Compiles All the Android News You Need in One App

If you’re as obsessed with mobile devices as the vast majority of our forum … more

Android App Review: Google Inbox to Improve Your Life – XDA TV

Recently, Google+ exploded with the announcement of Google Inbox, as … more

Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more
Post Reply

Should I root HC or wait for ICS?

OP iamdestruktor

21st April 2012, 04:24 PM   |  #1  
iamdestruktor's Avatar
OP Senior Member
NYC
Thanks Meter: 86
 
497 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
I've had my a100 for about three weeks now. At first I didn't see a need to root but I find the empty space on my screen such a waste where I could fill with icons and widgets. And then there's the bloatware - ugh!

My question is should I just root HC or wait for a stable ICS Rom? I really don't want to keep flashing back and forth either. Just wanted some opinions, thank you.

[Sent from my *voided* HTC EVO 4G running CM7 using Tapatalk]
21st April 2012, 05:11 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 44
 
190 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamdestruktor

I've had my a100 for about three weeks now. At first I didn't see a need to root but I find the empty space on my screen such a waste where I could fill with icons and widgets. And then there's the bloatware - ugh!

My question is should I just root HC or wait for a stable ICS Rom? I really don't want to keep flashing back and forth either. Just wanted some opinions, thank you.

[Sent from my *voided* HTC EVO 4G running CM7 using Tapatalk]

.....and what exactly are you waiting on? Just go ahead and root with this very easy method here ---> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1472521

It appears that ZeroNull has posted the official ICS rom for the a100 here ---> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=423

I have been going back and forth between HC and ICS and now I am on my HC waiting for a "stable ICS rom." Hopefully what has been posted in the 2nd link will be the ICS fixes i've been waiting for (touch screen fixes...compatibility etc)...
The Following User Says Thank You to cheeb For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd April 2012, 12:21 PM   |  #3  
Junior Member
Europe
Thanks Meter: 1
 
24 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeb

.....and what exactly are you waiting on? Just go ahead and root with this very easy method here ---> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1472521

It appears that ZeroNull has posted the official ICS rom for the a100 here ---> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=423

I have been going back and forth between HC and ICS and now I am on my HC waiting for a "stable ICS rom." Hopefully what has been posted in the 2nd link will be the ICS fixes i've been waiting for (touch screen fixes...compatibility etc)...


Hello,

Have you tried the stock rom for ICS ? If so is it relatively stable ?
22nd April 2012, 03:27 PM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 44
 
190 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by dansul

Hello,

Have you tried the stock rom for ICS ? If so is it relatively stable ?

Very stable....alot of the touch issues have been fixed....it is currently going to be my everyday rom....
The Following User Says Thank You to cheeb For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd April 2012, 07:53 PM   |  #5  
Junior Member
Flag linden
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
More
Angry quick question
Hello,

Thanks for all the good info from. Everyone! I am currently rooted with HC 3.2 does anyone know if when the ics update is released next week, if people that are rooted will have any issues getting the ota update? I'm guessing no, but if anyone has an definitive answer that would be great.

Thanks for the help and I have not flashed anything only rooted that's all thru terminal emuator method sorry forgot exact name. Been rooted for about four months right around when the leak was released was when I rooted, but decided to wait for the officialupdate to get the Acer ring and have no problems.

Thanks for the help you all are da sh!t
24th April 2012, 09:35 PM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 814
 
4,262 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper 5150

Hello,

Thanks for all the good info from. Everyone! I am currently rooted with HC 3.2 does anyone know if when the ics update is released next week, if people that are rooted will have any issues getting the ota update? I'm guessing no, but if anyone has an definitive answer that would be great.

Thanks for the help and I have not flashed anything only rooted that's all thru terminal emuator method sorry forgot exact name. Been rooted for about four months right around when the leak was released was when I rooted, but decided to wait for the officialupdate to get the Acer ring and have no problems.

Thanks for the help you all are da sh!t

If youre just rooted then you should still see the update. So long as you dont change anything like build.prop, or remove any OEM files you should be good to go with the OTA. Also download OTA Rootkeep app and protect root now. Once you do the OTA just restore root via the app and thats it. No need to reroot with any other method.
24th April 2012, 11:30 PM   |  #7  
Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
55 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
ICS will not resolve your problem with the empty spaces from both sides (landscape mode).
Rooting may be.If you change the DPI in build.prop you can fill the whole screen but then in portrait mode you will not be able to see everything.Actually this spaces are still empty in portrait mode but are up and down.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes