[RECOVERY] [Touchpad] TWRP 2.3.2.3 with on-screen keyboard! [2012-12-17]

Search This thread

zanderman112

Oct 6, 2010
SouthEast USA
www.twitter.com
New default theme should be coming down. I know the TF Prime version looks much nicer.

I've got to see this now :) going to find it as soon as I finish typing lol

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1615990

443e8277-2c07-7c75.jpg

~E.R.A.

Last edited:

Stryeguy

Mar 30, 2009
Love the Touch Recovery - thanks for the hard work, guys!

Running CM9 nightly w/ Rohan's mod-pack & TWRP

When I went to restore a data back-up made on TWRP, it only restored 25% of my apps - it seems as though the applications moved to SD-card weren't backed-up/restored correctly.

Can anyone else replicate my issue?

:eek: Shameless bump :eek:

sykane

Aug 18, 2009
Rohan mod

I love TWRP, Only problem is the Goo manager doesn't work well when you flash Rohan super mod. Since it has a build prop for Samsung SII.

Is one of the devices that is not supported yet.

Update, a quick modify build prop and it worked! After a reboot of course

Modify in build.prop
ro.product.model=cm_tenderloin
ro.product.brand=generic
ro.product.name=touchpad
ro.product.device=tenderloin

Last edited:

travisross69

Dec 25, 2011
Dripping Springs,TX
Something really odd: If I do anything in TWRP 2.1.1, my moboot menu gets messed up. I keep having to go and edit the moboot.next and delete anything in here. "CyanogenMod" keeps getting put in there and staying there.

EDIT: I installed using the recovery flashable zip.

http://rootzwiki.com/topic/24398-he...wrp-211-installation/page__st__10#entry654449

This is being worked on as we speak. Its an issue that Eyeballer is aware of and there is an easy workaround for the time being. Follow this link above.

UPDATE this has been address in 20120430 nightly. It is fixed thanks to jcsullins.

Last edited:

Rolfsted

Sep 28, 2011
Illinois
Just watched The Reverend's video about twrp and he made me a believer. Say " Yeaaaah!"

Awesome guys it amazes me. Got it on my TP now Hoping for my razr.

Sent from my XT912 using XDA

rob_z11

is it possible for someone to take snapshot of their boot partition to see what they have? I have deleted the CWM, and trying to install TWRP, and it installs ok, but still gets dreaded boot can't continue message.

I am bit worried on what not to delete to create room for TWRP.

rob_z11

Sounds like your boot partition is full and TWRP can´t be installed complete.
Do you have some space left?

Well it appears that I do have a lot of typical folders you find on boot partition such as etc, lib, proc, sbin, usr, sys.

I do have 8 Mb file of update-uimage, and I wonder if I need that or not. I have moved that file to SDCard just incase if I do make things worse.

Update:
I got update-uImage file moved to sdcard and which i found on some other forum which is the cause of TWRP not running. It is working now. Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: marc2040

nitrobg

Sep 3, 2011
Well it appears that I do have a lot of typical folders you find on boot partition such as etc, lib, proc, sbin, usr, sys.

I do have 8 Mb file of update-uimage, and I wonder if I need that or not. I have moved that file to SDCard just incase if I do make things worse.

type df in a terminal emulator or adb shell and verify that /boot/ isn't full.
If it is, download moboot cleaner from classicnerd's website and run it in recovery.

rob_z11

type df in a terminal emulator or adb shell and verify that /boot/ isn't full.
If it is, download moboot cleaner from classicnerd's website and run it in recovery.

I got it working, but will still need to run moboot cleaner to further clean my boot partition. I have removed update-uimage file which is about Mb, and that created enough from for the TWRP to expand. I have moved the ClockworkMod Uimage to SD incase if TWRP start acting up.

bobtidey

Jul 5, 2011
I got it working, but will still need to run moboot cleaner to further clean my boot partition. I have removed update-uimage file which is about Mb, and that created enough from for the TWRP to expand. I have moved the ClockworkMod Uimage to SD incase if TWRP start acting up.

With a reasonably clean boot partition there should be enough room for the standard WebOS stuff, TWRP (labelled as ClockwordMod for compatibility), an ICS ROM boot, AND a standard ClockworkMod which I label as CWM to distinguish it from the TWRP equivalent.

That way you can moboot WebOS, ICS, TWRP as standard recovery and CWM (ClockworkMod) as an alternate recovery.

pgzerwer

Aug 20, 2011
Peoria
A bit of a weird thing,at least I thought it was weird. When I flashed the 0509 official nightly, my TWRP came up 2.0 instead of the 2.1 I had previously installed. Took like 3 flashes of the 2.1 zip to get it back. Odd one-off, or am I doing something wrong?

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2

marc2040

May 19, 2010
Nuremberg
Never heard such a problem :confused:

To be sure delete the faulty TWRP in your boot folder and copy a new image of 2.1. Then try to reproduce the defective 2.0. If you don`t see it again, everything should be fine.

lzhikai1994

Apr 15, 2011
Singapore
My ISP just doesn't like the hosting website. It always restarts the countdown and also downloads a corrupted recovery file which the manager just flash and leaves me with a boot fail message when I select CWM.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team Win Recovery Project 2.3, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. It’s a fully touch driven user interface – no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Phone look:

Tablet look:

CHANGELOG for 2.3.2.3:
    -Fix to libraries to avoid issues when formatting partitions

CHANGELOG for 2.3.2.1:
    -Updates to fix permissions
    -Fix USB OTG on GNex

CHANGELOG for 2.3.2.0:
    -Fixes / enhancements to handle the multiple user setup introduced by Android 4.2 (see notes)
    -Fixed a bug with deleting a backup with a space in the name
    -Added highlights on keyboard key presses

CHANGELOG for 2.3.1.0:
    -Unmount system after boot to prevent some status 7 symlink failed errors on zip install
    -USB Mass Storage code improvements
    -Better handling of mounting storage during boot for some devices
    -Fixed a problem with sizes of images (boot & recovery) after resetting defaults
    -Fixed size errors during backup for some devices on recovery, etc.
    -Fixed a problem with restoring backups when multiple archives were present

CHANGELOG for 2.3.0.0:
    -Rebased onto AOSP Jelly Bean source code
    -Rewrote backup, restore, wipe, and mount code in C++ classes for easier maintenance going forward
    NOTE: backups from prior versions of TWRP are still compatible with 2.3
    -ADB sideload functionality from AOSP is included in 2.3, see this link for more info
    -Re-wrote fix permissions entirely in C++ and runs in a few seconds instead of a few minutes (thanks to bigbiff)
    -Improvements to zip finding in OpenRecoveryScript (should be a lot fewer GooManager automation issues)
    -Faster boot times
    -Added charging indicator while in recovery (only updates once every 60 seconds)

While this update may not bring a host of new must-have features, this update is a significant re-write of much of the core TWRP code. AOSP Jelly Bean recovery source moved to mostly C++ code and now all of the "TWRP" code is fully rewritten into C++ as well. Now that we've laid this groundwork, we're in a much better position to pull in future AOSP recovery updates as well as implementing more great new features.

Since TWRP 2.3 is based on AOSP jelly bean sources, TWRP now uses recovery API 3 instead of 2. Some zips may no longer work if the developer is using an out-of-date update-binary. This API change should not be a problem on newer devices, but older devices will probably encounter several zips that need to be updated. If needed, you can try using this update-binary that was compiled with current sources. It goes in your zip file in the META-INF/com/google/android folder.

DOWNLOAD:
    The fastest and easiest way to install TWRP is to use the GooManager app:
    Play Store Link
    Direct Download
    1) Install GooManager from the Play Store
    2) Open GooManager and provide root permissions
    3) Hit Menu (or the button with the 3 dots on your screen) and then Install OpenRecovery
    OR:
    You can find more information and download links on our website!
    Direct Download

BUGS:
    If you have found a bug, please consider posting it to our github issues log. It's pretty much impossible for us to keep up with the more than 30 threads that we have for the devices that we "directly" support. If you have a significant problem that cannot be answered in this thread, your best bet is to PM me directly, contact us via our website, or find us in our IRC channel below. If you see someone that's struggling, feel free to point it out to us. We need your help to help us keep track of all of our devices! Thanks!

SUPPORT:
    Live support is available via #twrp on Freenode with your IRC client or just click this link.
    Time for the 2.2.0 update!
    video tutorial

Here's a video on installing and using TWRP 2.2.0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIvWVS_Rkxo
    Could someone upload the zip for 2.2.0? I can't use Goo Manager, and the zip on the main website still 2.1.0.

I made the below by putting the new 2.2.0 image into the unpacked old 2.1.0 zip from the web site, then zipping and signing it. So, the below should work, but I haven't tried it as I've been waiting for the fixes from TeamWin that hopefully come this week? Be aware that this method brings up TWRP under the CWM pick in moboot, so you might have 2 recovery images in /boot. You are using at your own risk.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/8228367/twrp_2.2.0_s.zip
    Bummmmp dat for 2.1!