5,597,198 Members 41,013 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Bounty] Help get Drew Garen a Flyer !

Tip us?

Cor-master
Old
Thanks Meter 505
You know I almost bought a view? Newegg had it for $250 and I was mauling over it and wanted to sleep on it first, but I found the buy.com $200 flyer deal as a backup. Woke up the next day and the View went up to $300 so I bought the flyer instead...thank god i did since the View obviously has little developer interest! But I didn't know that at the time, you type in "htc Evo View 4G" on wikipedia and it redirects you to HTC Flyer. So I thought they were the exact same tablet regardless.

freak4dell
Old
Thanks Meter 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cor-master View Post
You know I almost bought a view? Newegg had it for $250 and I was mauling over it and wanted to sleep on it first, but I found the buy.com $200 flyer deal as a backup. Woke up the next day and the View went up to $300 so I bought the flyer instead...thank god i did since the View obviously has little developer interest! But I didn't know that at the time, you type in "htc Evo View 4G" on wikipedia and it redirects you to HTC Flyer. So I thought they were the exact same tablet regardless.
Yeah, I bought the View because of the larger storage, but I'm definitely regretting it.

drewgaren
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3201

DONATE TO ME
Default View Questions.

The View is very similar to the Flyer. Infact the Flyer even has a version is practically the same as the view and is 4G as well. Because the Flyer and View are so similar if I can find all the correct files neccessary for the View I will be able to compile a build for the View. However I will not be able to test this. I will not work on this until after I have Build ready for the Flyer though. I want to get the Flyer up and running ICS before and I will have the ability to test ICS and any issues on it first.

manlord
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38
Brand new 25$ just sent.
ManLord
The Following User Says Thank You to manlord For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

freak4dell
Old
Thanks Meter 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewgaren View Post
The View is very similar to the Flyer. Infact the Flyer even has a version is practically the same as the view and is 4G as well. Because the Flyer and View are so similar if I can find all the correct files neccessary for the View I will be able to compile a build for the View. However I will not be able to test this. I will not work on this until after I have Build ready for the Flyer though. I want to get the Flyer up and running ICS before and I will have the ability to test ICS and any issues on it first.
Great, thank you!

Cor-master
Old
Thanks Meter 505
I'm very excited to see your work. Excited to the point I just started the process of s-off. I'll try to donate more if I can just don't wanna upset the wife who doesn't see the point and never will lol
Sent from my HTC PH39100 using XDA

drewgaren
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3201

DONATE TO ME
Default Updates!

Just got my Flyer from UPS! I opened it up and was sad to see that has 0% charge so I'm charging it up right now so I can begin some hardcore work tonight.

So far I have made progress, I have fixed many compiling issues and everything should boot up fine. I will be compiling build today and then testing out the Flyer for bugs later tonight if all goes well.

Wish me luck. I'll report everything later on my website as well.

Any downloads I have that are ready will be posted eventually on my site and all progress will be updated on the site later tonight or tomorrow.

I won't have any downloads up until I have at least a partially working build up. I have not tested anything yet.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to drewgaren For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

manlord
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewgaren View Post
I opened it up and was sad to see that has 0% charge so I'm charging it up right now so I can begin some hardcore work tonight.
The Flyer take forever to charge lol make sure youre plugged in the wall XD
ManLord

quails
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Is the scribe pen an objective of this build ? Willing to donate if we're going to get the pen, not interested in the slightest if not.

GMAN1722
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by quails View Post
Is the scribe pen an objective of this build ? Willing to donate if we're going to get the pen, not interested in the slightest if not.
+1. I would love ICS but not at the cost of a fully working pen. for me the scribe is what set this apart from other tablets and I use it extensively. will gladly donate if it maintains this function.

Tags
htc flyer, vanilla ics
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe