Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,692 Members 40,346 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

More Help!

Tip us?

EcHoFiiVe
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 715
Default More Help!

If someone could provide me/direct me to a ROM with bootloaders, I'd be very thankful. Or if someone could tell me how to save my bricked player, that would be nice too. Thanks!

cvcduty
Old
(Last edited by cvcduty; 17th April 2012 at 03:58 PM.)
Thanks Meter 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by EcHoFiiVe View Post
If someone could provide me/direct me to a ROM with bootloaders, I'd be very thankful. Or if someone could tell me how to save my bricked player, that would be nice too. Thanks!
I used the guide http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1386669 to resurrect a player I bought fully bricked. No sign of life but now it's running normally. Go to the end of the thread and read my post.
I had to do a few attempts with diffent bootloaders and roms but at the end, I was able to get it back.

I am sure you have read most of the thread I pointed out to you already, but retry the steps since that is how I was able get mine to reboot normally.

Use the resurrector in Linux to get the player into Download mode (it went from black screen to showing Phone(!)PC icon). Trick is to keep it plugged in, since unplugging it shuts the player down and can't get Download mode with the button combos. So you will either need to have a Linux box with Virtual session of Windows to run Odin or, as my case, a dual boot. If you use the dual boot, when you switch from Linux to Windows, do not power down. Instead, reboot. It keeps the USB port powered and the player stays in Download mode (Phone(!)PC). In Windows run Odin to load bootloaders. You will need to flash a couple different bootloaders.
I flashed the Download mode only bootloader along with the pit file (included in the OP of the thread ^) to get the player into Download mode. It was stuck there until I flashed the SamsungPlayer bootloader (all found in the thread above) and got it to go into Recovery mode. Once there, I flashed a rom with CWM, factory reset and reboot... worked for me.
My toys...
SG Note II - JB Stock
Captivate - AOSP JB
Touchpad - OaT LnT JB
Galaxy Player WiFi 5.0 INTL - Eryigit KPA GB Rom - Rls 3.5
Galaxy Player WiFi 5.0 INTL - CM10 Nightly
Galaxy Player WiFi 5.0 US - CM10 Nightly
Streak 7 - ICS -B4 CM9
Dinc 2 - GB Stock
AspireOne NetBook - Windows 7/Windows 8 Pre/Ubuntu/Android X86 (ICS)
Logitech GoogleTV - HC 3.2
Nexus 7 16GB - JB Rooted
MK802
Xperia Play R800X - GB
The Following User Says Thank You to cvcduty For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Meticulus
Old
Thanks Meter 1495

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by EcHoFiiVe View Post
As per the PM that I sent you, I'm also putting the link to the russian froyo firmware that I found, here. This firmware does have bootloaders in the firmware.

http://www.4shared.com/zip/VtAB8dCU/...OK_222RU_.html

Good luck and let me know how it goes.
The Following User Says Thank You to Meticulus For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

EcHoFiiVe
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 715
Both of you guys helped me out, thank you so much!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus S using XDA