Ask a question

No registration required

{X10} [Discussion Room] CyanogenMod by Team FreeXperia

OP Arnold.Alexius

24th April 2012, 06:09 PM   |  #1141  
Thanks Meter: 2

19 posts
More
I'm using fxp117 but get error message trying to search for networks but gsm and data work. Also mobile standby eats >30% of batt. Anybody experience the same?

Sent from my X10i using XDA
24th April 2012, 06:57 PM   |  #1142  
Thanks Meter: 37

152 posts
More
Wipe dalvik-cache and battery will work good.
The Following User Says Thank You to MrCzlenson For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th April 2012, 10:10 PM   |  #1143  
Flag Alberta
Thanks Meter: 154

383 posts
Donate to Me
More
Unfortunately, I have come across a snag. My phone went kershnicket, and I need to reflash from stock. However, 117 comes with no kernel. 115 kernel (which is what everyone says to use) is no longer available.

Anyone willing to help a guy out who's looking for JUST the kernel (not the whole ROM - I have 117 downloaded already). I just need the kernel to get back into FXP CM9. Probably best to PM me the link in private out of respect to the dev's.
24th April 2012, 11:34 PM   |  #1144  
Thanks Meter: 0

17 posts
Question Installation Problem
So heres the thing, I'm not a Developer but I have installed cyanogenmod 7 before without any problems. When I root my xperia x10 baseband 71 and then flash that fxp 115 kernel, wipe dalvik cache and full wipe and wipe battery stats, then i install the custom zip but it gives me an error. I looked it up and said that it might not be compatible with my phone, but I'm sure I downloaded the correct version for my xperia. any help here?

(PS: the error is an assert failed error.)
Last edited by piotrtekien; 24th April 2012 at 11:38 PM. Reason: extra info
25th April 2012, 12:00 AM   |  #1145  
Flag Alberta

383 posts
Donate to Me
More
There's a quick fix, and a slightly messier fix.

Quick fix is in the Install Custom Zip menu, there's "Select ZIP file" menu option, then below that, there's a Toggle Script Assert's option. Toggle it, and you can try again.

If that doesn't work, try this:
  • Open ZIP file
  • Open META-INF folder
  • Open com folder
  • Open google folder
  • Open android folder
  • Copy updater-script file to desktop
  • Open updater-script file from desktop with your favourite text editor (I use Notepad++).
  • Remove the top couple of lines where it says assert(getprop... yadda yadda)
  • Save the file
  • Copy newly-changed updater-script file BACK into the zip in the folder you took it from.
  • Close the ZIP
  • Copy it back to your phone
  • Try installing again.

That should fix your problem and allow you to install it. I had to do that when I originally came from MiUI to CM7. Took a while to finally figure it out, but once I did, it made life SO much easier.

Hope that helps, mate !
25th April 2012, 12:14 AM   |  #1146  

17 posts
it still gives an error (status 6) and yes it removed those lines but didn't fix the install, maybe I haven't removed enough sentances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ve6ay

Quick fix is in the Install Custom Zip menu, there's "Select ZIP file" menu option, then below that, there's a Toggle Script Assert's option. Toggle it, and you can try again.

• Open ZIP file
  • Open META-INF folder
  • Open com folder
  • Open google folder
  • Open android folder
  • Open updater-script file from desktop with your favourite text editor (I use Notepad++).
  • Save the file
  • Copy newly-changed updater-script file BACK into the zip in the folder you took it from.
  • Close the ZIP
  • Try installing again.

That should fix your problem and allow you to install it. I had to do that when I originally came from MiUI to CM7. Took a while to finally figure it out, but once I did, it made life SO much easier.

Hope that helps, mate !

Last edited by piotrtekien; 25th April 2012 at 12:37 AM.
25th April 2012, 02:34 AM   |  #1147  
Thanks Meter: 19

118 posts
Quote:

Unfortunately, I have come across a snag. My phone went kershnicket, and I need to reflash from stock. However, 117 comes with no kernel. 115 kernel (which is what everyone says to use) is no longer available.

Anyone willing to help a guy out who's looking for JUST the kernel (not the whole ROM - I have 117 downloaded already). I just need the kernel to get back into FXP CM9. Probably best to PM me the link in private out of respect to the dev's.

FXP 115
http://www.mediafire.com/?odc6xu2sbk67q6s

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA
The Following User Says Thank You to pcmender2005 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th April 2012, 04:21 AM   |  #1148  
Flag Alberta

383 posts
Donate to Me
More
@piotrtekien

You want to remove the first section where it talks about assert - should be three lines, the last one ending with a ); First line should be:
package_extract_file("system/bin/backuptool.sh", "/tmp/backuptool.sh");
If you have anything else in the updater-script file above that line, remove it. That should solve your problem.

@pcmender2005
Thanks, you rock !
The Following User Says Thank You to ve6ay For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th April 2012, 05:19 AM   |  #1149  

1 posts
Help Dear Friends
Hello friends, I am having difficulty installing CM7 down because when the file relating to my device I can not find the folder that contains the kernel fxp not find the kernel inside the file "FXP117_update-cm-7.2.0-RC1-UNOFFICIAL-es209ra signed.zip-"help me please.
25th April 2012, 07:58 AM   |  #1150  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 11

17 posts
More
Thumbs up One stop solution for all your problems
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewinfoo

Hello friends, I am having difficulty installing CM7 down because when the file relating to my device I can not find the folder that contains the kernel fxp not find the kernel inside the file "FXP117_update-cm-7.2.0-RC1-UNOFFICIAL-es209ra signed.zip-"help me please.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by piotrtekien

So heres the thing, I'm not a Developer but I have installed cyanogenmod 7 before without any problems. When I root my xperia x10 baseband 71 and then flash that fxp 115 kernel, wipe dalvik cache and full wipe and wipe battery stats, then i install the custom zip but it gives me an error. I looked it up and said that it might not be compatible with my phone, but I'm sure I downloaded the correct version for my xperia. any help here?

(PS: the error is an assert failed error.)

Quote:

• Open ZIP file
  • Open META-INF folder
  • Open com folder
  • Open google folder
  • Open android folder
  • Save the file
  • Close the ZIP
  • Try installing again.

Hope that helps, mate !

Hi All,

Please see my thread for all your problems... (One stop solution for all your problems)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1607452

Don't make the things complicated...

It is very simple to install the ROM (My thread gives step by step procedure for rooting, unlocking custom bootloader and installing custom ROMS).....

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread