23rd April 2012, 09:02 PM   |  #81  
Flag Encino, CA
Thanks Meter: 70

188 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andybones

Just where exactly do you see yourself being called out?
unless I am missing something?

jcase - "They are flashing it and complaining on IRC "

I didn't realized you = they.

well i was on irc talking about it, and it might have seemed like i was complaining about it to DSB but i wasn't. i just stated that i couldnt flash recovery through fastboot with stock gb hboot s-off and that i switched to ENG hboot to run fastboot commands. i only saw one other convo about it prior to mine and it wasnt even a complaint just a question. so the assumption that he was referring to me is coming from that.
23rd April 2012, 09:03 PM   |  #82  
Flag Nor Cal
Thanks Meter: 22

159 posts
More
Alright just to straighten some **** out, this works fine as long as you're on GB firmware and want to use GB roms/kernels? Only thing it's ****ing up on is ICS firmware, etc.?
23rd April 2012, 09:23 PM   |  #83  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Ann Arbor
Thanks Meter: 3,117

3,070 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crispybacon

Alright just to straighten some **** out, this works fine as long as you're on GB firmware and want to use GB roms/kernels? Only thing it's ****ing up on is ICS firmware, etc.?

As long as you are on GB firmware you are fine. You can also run ICS roms too, but with the old firmware patch. You just can't use it with ICS firmware. I am using it with the old firmware (pre-ota, I have never updated my firmware) and Cleanrom ICS with the firmware patch.
23rd April 2012, 09:52 PM   |  #84  
Flag Nor Cal
Thanks Meter: 22

159 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by con247

As long as you are on GB firmware you are fine. You can also run ICS roms too, but with the old firmware patch. You just can't use it with ICS firmware. I am using it with the old firmware (pre-ota, I have never updated my firmware) and Cleanrom ICS with the firmware patch.

Ok, cool thanks for clearing that up... I'm RUU'd to stock GB after doing s-off Don't really wanna mess with ICS roms yet til we get the full OTA and kernel source, so ineff or dsb's rom works for me.
24th April 2012, 12:59 AM   |  #85  
Flag New Jerz
Thanks Meter: 92

290 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by con247

I say it again, this has to be the best combo so far. You'll be straight with this.....solid!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk
25th April 2012, 04:22 AM   |  #86  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Ann Arbor
Thanks Meter: 3,117

3,070 posts
More
A replacement for this hboot had been developed by the Juopunutbear. It is a patched version of the 2.11 hboot. It is similar to the 2.21 hboot they patched for ICS firmware and should cause fewer issues with the device and allow for the fastboot commands. I am locking this thread.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread