Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,375 Members 45,142 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Best ICS Rom?

Tip us?

daxecutioner24
Old
Thanks Meter 108
Yea usually all stock phones are dumbed down but lg and nvidia brought it to new heights.This phone regular for certain would give you random reboots. They don"t release the drivers only they lose because certainly most of us will know how they are and wont be spending 500 to 600 on a newer lg phone

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA

daxecutioner24
Old
Thanks Meter 108
They said q2 for the p990 its almost the end of april and no current announcements or anything.

IRASadPanda
Old
Thanks Meter 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by daxecutioner24 View Post
Yea usually all stock phones are dumbed down but lg and nvidia brought it to new heights.This phone regular for certain would give you random reboots. They don"t release the drivers only they lose because certainly most of us will know how they are and wont be spending 500 to 600 on a newer lg phone

Right there with ya man, no more new LG/Nvidia for me.

Knowing the development will be good for it I'll probably wait till people start selling their quadcore's on Craigslist for $30.

Sent from Narnia
The sun is slowly fallin', we all should surely die eventually.
So what's your calling? Oh, you left your phone behind?

daxecutioner24
Old
Thanks Meter 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by IRASadPanda View Post
Right there with ya man, no more new LG/Nvidia for me.

Knowing the development will be good for it I'll probably wait till people start selling their quadcore's on Craigslist for $30.

Sent from Narnia
Exactly. Dude have you seen the Screen sizes of these "Smartphones".They becoming more like mini computers.4.7 that new LG eww.Is getting out of a hand these companies think by putting stuff bigger means better. Dual core barely began last year and they already skipping it for quadcores lol.
Personally they should have stayed more on 4.0-4.3 inches dual core for the newer phones.

IRASadPanda
Old
Thanks Meter 296
Quote:
Exactly. Dude have you seen the Screen sizes of these "Smartphones".They becoming more like mini computers.4.7 that new LG eww.Is getting out of a hand these companies think by putting stuff bigger means better. Dual core barely began last year and they already skipping it for quadcores lol.
Personally they should have stayed more on 4.0-4.3 inches dual core for the newer phones.

Yeah, like I want my phone to fit in my pocket.

Sent from Narnia
The sun is slowly fallin', we all should surely die eventually.
So what's your calling? Oh, you left your phone behind?

moezsayani
Old
Thanks Meter 1
until last week i was using HFS with Harsh's 3.0 kernel. after my cousin accidentaly did a factory reset on my phone i thought i should try out another rom so i went to genesis and i have never considered going back to HFS.

I'm using Genesis Beta 5 with Harsh's 2204 version of his 3.0 Kernel. Its snappy, fast, and in the last few days, i've never had a force close. And the battery life is pretty awesome.
Reasons why i love it
-Combination of CM9 and AOKP
-more customization
-better UI
-AMORA Installer (seriously, its freaking awesome.)

Some not so great stuff
-HWA not working, but thats on all ICS builds, not just HFS
-no Video (again, on ALL ICS builds)

But i agree with the other guys, its different for every phone. You should definitely consider Genesis though.

---------- Post added at 05:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:31 AM ----------

Quote:
They said q2 for the p990 its almost the end of april and no current announcements or anything.
Still only a month into Q2
Tags
ics, rom