Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,055 Members 48,040 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Does flashing back to stock affect T-mobile modem?

Tip us?

winky0403
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Does flashing back to stock affect T-mobile modem?

I've flashed a T-mobile modem and using with the HSPA+ for awhile, however the Saurom ROM I'm using has some bugs like I can't reboot my phone properly and I sometimes lost signals, so my question is: if I want to flash my Note back to stock android, am I gonna lose the capability of using the HSPA+ which I'm using right now? Is there any ROM you would recommend that would be stable for the Note and still have the T-mobile modem enabled? Please give me an answer because I've been confused with this for awhile. God bless you all...

winky0403
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Question

Anybody? Please?

deliriousbb
Old
Thanks Meter 53

DONATE TO ME
I'm using Saurom 7.1 and ICS theme on,Blaze modem and its been running great. It isn't as fast speedwise compared to my Amaze 4g but stable and fast.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note SGH-i717 using XDA Premium App on T-Mobile
If I or anyone have helped, hit the Thanks button.
Ty
| tablet: HP Touchpad Dual boot WebOs/AKOP build #40

previous toys:
Galaxy Note 2 T889 | Galaxy S3 T999 | Galaxy Note T879 | Galaxy Note i717 | Galaxy Note N7000 | HTC Amaze 4G | HTC Sensation 4G | HTC Glacier (Mytouch4G) | HTC Vision (G2) | Nokia N900 Meebo | Nokia N97 | Sony Ericsson X1 | Nokia N95

Coffinfeeder
Old
Thanks Meter 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by winky0403 View Post
I've flashed a T-mobile modem and using with the HSPA+ for awhile, however the Saurom ROM I'm using has some bugs like I can't reboot my phone properly and I sometimes lost signals, so my question is: if I want to flash my Note back to stock android, am I gonna lose the capability of using the HSPA+ which I'm using right now? Is there any ROM you would recommend that would be stable for the Note and still have the T-mobile modem enabled? Please give me an answer because I've been confused with this for awhile. God bless you all...
You will probably have to reflash the tmo modem. But it might still be there as others have had non-stock modems that were still there even after flashing a stock tar file.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

Sleef
Old
Thanks Meter 62
Best way to be sure would be to flash the stock radio. Though, it would be nice to know if using Odin will put EVERYTHING back to stock.

I'll bet the answer exists on the forum already but it's a good question, regardless.

Sent from my exotic rain dance using xda premium
I'm on that Twitter thing the young people like.
@ThePatrickBauer if you like infantile humor and SATAN.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sleef For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Sleef
Old
Thanks Meter 62
Oops. Read the question wrong. So far as i know, once you flash a radio, it's there forever. Unless you flash a new one. Depending on how someone makes their ROM, this could change, but I'm betting that most of the devs aren't worried about forcibly making the people flashing their **** switch modems.

Sent from my sensual box of ferrets using xda premium
I'm on that Twitter thing the young people like.
@ThePatrickBauer if you like infantile humor and SATAN.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sleef For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

busybeebusy
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Yes you will. I noticed that when i installed the at&t stock Rom

Sent from my SGH-I717R using XDA

winky0403
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleef View Post
Oops. Read the question wrong. So far as i know, once you flash a radio, it's there forever. Unless you flash a new one. Depending on how someone makes their ROM, this could change, but I'm betting that most of the devs aren't worried about forcibly making the people flashing their **** switch modems.

Sent from my sensual box of ferrets using xda premium
thanks for sharing. I've heard some infos about flashing back to stock could affect the radio, but I feel relieved when I saw this.

jayRokk
Old
Thanks Meter 1,996
Dont worry about the modem in GB just flash it and it'll work

all ive heard is that the "ICS leak" doesnt play well with TMO modem
but idk to be honest

If your signature says something like "Hit the thanks button if I've helped," I automatically assume you're here for "likes" and really care about imaginary internet points.
You're on the wrong site. Don't be that person. Its ridiculous.

Lock Apps and Functions Easily with Droid Protector

Access and security are some of the key issues facingmobile technology. Whether … more

ARChon Lets You Run Android Apps in Google Chrome Browser

Not too long ago, Google added the ability torun select Android applications on … more

Flyme OS Finds Its Way to the Google Nexus 5

Flyme OS is a heavily modified Android variantdeveloped by the Meizu team for their MX … more

MultiROM Makes Its Way to the LG G2

Over the last few weeks, we’ve seen quite a fewflagship (and former flagship) devicesget to … more