Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,814 Members 43,670 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Google Wallet

Tip us?

mbrewski
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default now with ICS?

Wondering if it'sossible now that the ICS rom is out? Any thoughts?

jslcpd157
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I'm wondering the same thing...

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using XDA

crxtasi
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Been trying out diff apks from HERE but its a no go. I think cause its ICS with Sense.

When installed I get this

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

So I'm still on the hunt and daydreaming the day I can slap a stripper in the butt with my phone to pay her!

HTC Amaze(W)
<S-Off> <Football's Leaked T-Mo ICS> <4EXT Recovery>

myTouch 4g (W) semi retired
.: :: Zips Creamed Glacier :: :.

(retired)Nexus One/myTouch/ G1/ HTC Dash/ 2 MDAs/ ATT Tilt
-deuces- Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by crxtasi View Post
Been trying out diff apks from HERE but its a no go. I think cause its ICS with Sense.

When installed I get this

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

So I'm still on the hunt and daydreaming the day I can slap a stripper in the butt with my phone to pay her!

i dont have an amaze. but when i had a nexus s, i got that same error. the reason for that was because i installed the wallet app after the rom and had signed in to google. i needed to flash the rom, google wallet, then google apps.

so idk if a rom dev can insert the apk into the rom, along with the other libs and stuff. maybe it will work.

BiznessMan
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Still a no go with ICS. However, the system errors from the previous rom no longer exist. Wallet doesn't crash or return any NFC errors like before, so that is a good sign.

But yes, right now it gives an error message saying that the phone is not supported. I wonder if modifying the build.prop to reflect a Nexus would work

crxtasi
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by dolcedavinci View Post
i dont have an amaze. but when i had a nexus s, i got that same error. the reason for that was because i installed the wallet app after the rom and had signed in to google. i needed to flash the rom, google wallet, then google apps.

so idk if a rom dev can insert the apk into the rom, along with the other libs and stuff. maybe it will work.
Yeah I saw that too so reflashed the ruu again then install wallet and still have that msg. one day this amaze will get wallet.

HTC Amaze(W)
<S-Off> <Football's Leaked T-Mo ICS> <4EXT Recovery>

myTouch 4g (W) semi retired
.: :: Zips Creamed Glacier :: :.

(retired)Nexus One/myTouch/ G1/ HTC Dash/ 2 MDAs/ ATT Tilt

BiznessMan
Old
Thanks Meter 31
There is a flash for the Nexus S I believe that will put in the correct libs and whatnot. Problem is, we're on a Sense ROM and I'm not sure if those libs would work. Even so, I think that the build.prop is also preventing the app from booting all the way up.

nat4u
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Exclamation G Wallet

We will never be able to use google wallet on our phone since HTC screwed us, acording to google in order for NFC to be secure the device would also need a secure element chip that is embedded into the NFC chip. The amaze does not have this so we dont have google wallet.
The Following User Says Thank You to nat4u For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gbgadgets
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Google wallet currently uses an embedded secure element on PN65N nfc chips right? The Amaze has PN544 chip which does not include an embedded secure element, but the chip does support SWP (single wire protocol). It seems that the ISIS app will probably be using SWP technology and should work on the Amaze whenever it gets rolled out (soon.....)? ISIS should be as good or better then google wallet so that would serve the purpose. Then I guess folks should make sure to purchase a phone with an nfc chip that includes all the options for secure element (swp, embedded, and micro-sd) so then one would be able to use whatever app they like best.
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5 - T-Mobile - SM-G900T
ROM: Stock

bobspace
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Really annoyed about this. I should have done better research on the phone. I assumed because it had NFC it would be supported by Google Wallet. Arse.
Phone: SGS2 T989
ROM: CM9
Kernel: Stock or whatever came with CM9

Previous Phone: NS4G
ROM: Bugless Beast 6-9-12
Kernel: Matr1x cfs 22.0