Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,211 Members 53,550 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Do i really need a screen protector for the note?

Tip us?

hyelton
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,423

DONATE TO ME
Did they ever change gorrlia glass makings? Back with I had my cdma galaxy s when it first came out. The mesmerize the longest owned phone I've ever had like 6 or 7 months lol I never had a screen protector on it and not one scratch

Sent from my SGH-I717R using xda premium
My Build: ASRock 970 Extreme4 | Amd FX-6300 OC to 4.5Ghz | Nvidia GTX-650-Ti | 8GB 1600 | 120GB Samsung 840 SSD | 500GB Hard Drive | Windows 7 Pro | NZXT 810 White Case.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia Z1 (White)

Check out my Personal site and Photography www.hunterspad.com

Please Click Thanks If I helped you in any way!
If you need anything Hosted Or mirrored: Send a PM my Way
My Server Specs: 24X Intel Xeon E5-2620 2.1Ghz,32GB Ram,2TB HD

Cernan
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I bought the $20 one from my local AT&T store. I can't remember the name to save my life. It's anti-glare with a matte finish. It makes the screen a little less brilliant. However, I tried some really cheap ultra clear protector for about a day. It was high gloss and looked fantastic until any light source hit it. It also collected finger prints. This one from AT&T never gets a fingerprint, can be washed and reapplied, no bubbles ever. You don't get bubbles b/c the protector really only sticks around the edges. I love it.

clockcycle
Old
(Last edited by clockcycle; 25th April 2012 at 07:32 PM.)
Thanks Meter 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkizzMcNizz View Post
It seems the gorilla glass isn't as scratch resistant as the manufacturers want us to believe

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA
Resistant, is not proof.

I've scratched, left fine lines and swirls on gorilla glass while gently cleaning the screen with a clean micro fiber cloth. Although you have to tilt the phones to see them.

I had one gorilla glass phone scratched when I gave it to a girl to look at and she wiped the screen on her shirt. Lucky it was at the top near the ear piece and not in the center. She ended up buying the phone anyways.

To each their own. Personally I prefer the peace of mind, it's heart wrenching to look at your phone and find that scratch one day, then it's too late.