Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[RELEASE] TWRP 2.1.1 for Motorola Defy [2012-04-23]

OP Epsylon3

25th April 2012, 08:24 PM   |  #131  
Senior Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 90
 
399 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmbikerman

Conclusion: the first dodgy compressed backup was a glitch - not easy repeat.


what r u supposed 2 mean by not easy repeat ????
25th April 2012, 08:30 PM   |  #132  
ktmbikerman's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Cape Town
Thanks Meter: 650
 
1,970 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joydeep1985

what r u supposed 2 mean by not easy repeat ????

It doesn't happen repeatedly, in other words, sometimes it glitches, sometimes its OK. As long as it takes a while, the backup will be OK. A full compressed backup took 10 minutes.

Sent from my MB526
26th April 2012, 07:43 PM   |  #133  
Member
Flag al khubar
Thanks Meter: 2
 
37 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
More
Unhappy stuck in android logo
hi mate i'd tried to install TWRP on my defy but it does'nt work.

When i try to boot my phone into recovery it says something like its not available, then i try to reboot the phone and it stuck in red"M" logo.. I try to flash full sbf to fix this but it stuck in android logo...

Please help me find another way to fix my device
26th April 2012, 07:52 PM   |  #134  
niksy+'s Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,025
 
1,207 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by trixhammerbord

hi mate i'd tried to install TWRP on my defy but it does'nt work.

When i try to boot my phone into recovery it says something like its not available, then i try to reboot the phone and it stuck in red"M" logo.. I try to flash full sbf to fix this but it stuck in android logo...

Please help me find another way to fix my device

Is it the android with the exclamation mark? Then press both volume buttons (if you are on Gingerbread) or the power button (if you are on Froyo) for the menu to appear, then do a data wipe and cache wipe and reboot, that should fix it
The Following User Says Thank You to niksy+ For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th April 2012, 12:52 AM   |  #135  
Member
Flag al khubar
Thanks Meter: 2
 
37 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
More
it is'nt the android logo with exclamation, its the "android" logo itself, the original boot logo after the red"M" ... Im stuck with it

Anyway i did'nt try your steps yet... Gonna try it after work

Any other way?
27th April 2012, 01:53 AM   |  #136  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 27
 
112 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by trixhammerbord

it is'nt the android logo with exclamation, its the "android" logo itself, the original boot logo after the red"M" ... Im stuck with it

Anyway i did'nt try your steps yet... Gonna try it after work

Any other way?

Hop over the the general thread and check the beginners guides, your stuck in a boot loop

Press and hold volume - when you turn the phone on and keep it held, you will see an android with an exclaimtion mark in a triangle the let go of volume -

Now press volume down and you will get the menu, navigate to factory reset and select with power button, once its done reboot and it will take time but it will boot

teamwork makes the dream work
The Following User Says Thank You to adamo3957 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th April 2012, 04:57 PM   |  #137  
Member
Flag al khubar
Thanks Meter: 2
 
37 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
More
Thumbs up
thanks mates it works!
27th April 2012, 11:44 PM   |  #138  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 49
 
236 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
This is fully open source project, unlike clockworkmod
29th April 2012, 11:03 AM   |  #139  
notes1's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Auckland
Thanks Meter: 15
 
105 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
More
Following instructions on website, using goo.im:

Clicked menu, install Open recovery script, yes... "no recoveries found for your device"???????


MB525 epsylon3 28/04 ics
29th April 2012, 11:28 AM   |  #140  
ccav2000's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Manga Café
Thanks Meter: 915
 
1,725 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by notes1

Following instructions on website, using goo.im:

Clicked menu, install Open recovery script, yes... "no recoveries found for your device"???????


MB525 epsylon3 28/04 ics

Same here on CM7.2 RC. I proceeded to install it manually, GooManager doesn't work as intended.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
2012, latest, recovery touch
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes