Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,424 Members 36,374 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Can Anroid be installed on Nokia Lumia 800?????

Tip us?

jhughesy
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by eldenst View Post
And think about that, this is the Lumia 800 thread and not the WP thread, so donīt call anyone troll without reason!!!
Re-read the original post. Plenty of reason to call troll.

slackingoff7
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Although much of the with has been "done" for the phone, the main problem that remains is the bootloader. Without access to it, the bootloader will prevent any modification to the phone. I would personally like to see Android as well because I have a 710 to try out wp7. I am not finding wp7 sufficient for my needs which is sad since I only use my phone for email and productivity.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA

tai4de2
Old
Thanks Meter 37
I hope no one is ever able to run Android on these devices. Tired of people asking.

BlitterTwisted
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Anyone who says "Android is better than WP7" has no idea what they are talking about.

WP7 might be more limited in what it can do but the user experience is a million times better and it performs much better.

With Android you end up buying a phone based on specs. With WP7 and iOS you buy the phone for what it will actually do for you, specs are fairly irrelevant.
My blog http://www.blitterandtwisted.com - technology, gaming and entertainment
Latest post: Nokia Lumia 800 review

lumpaywk
Old
Thanks Meter 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackingoff7 View Post
Although much of the with has been "done" for the phone, the main problem that remains is the bootloader. Without access to it, the bootloader will prevent any modification to the phone. I would personally like to see Android as well because I have a 710 to try out wp7. I am not finding wp7 sufficient for my needs which is sad since I only use my phone for email and productivity.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA
I would like to know what you mean by productivity as the email on wp smashes android and ios out the water? I wander what "productivity" are you doing? maybe we could help.
HTC One M8

Derzis
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by farrif View Post
I used an android phone but it died and tried window phone.

The stuff I like:
Messaging is very fast and smooth with no delay.
Battery life is really long and can last up to about 2 days on standby.

The stuff I miss that android have are:
No swype
Cannot stream movie online with the whole adobe flash
Can only open jpeg picture. Cannot even open png, gif, etc which is a disappointment.
Video file need to be the right format to play.
Cannot access LAN share folder of PC in the house.
Web browser crashing when viewing animated gif file or even long image strip.
Direct connection to PC and copy and paste with mem. card.
Music player, you can tap where you want it to play while WM have to hold down the forward button.
usually before you buy a phone, a car, a tv, etc you inform yourself about it
there were numerous reports about Windows Phones disadvantages, i can`t understand how you missed them

bradddo
Old
Thanks Meter 18
i dont have anyting of value to add, but i LOVE the Lumia designs but also love my android. wp7 is slick and good but a bit limited it seems, to me at least.
I dont fully understand the tech side tho i have flashed a few roms, but if a dead(bricked) phone can be rejuvenated with android how can it not be ported or flashed on to the lumia.
I know its the bootloader, but i am curious as to how with all the geniuses on here and many other forums and sites how this is not bypassable?
I respectfully request a small explanation.

wajdzik
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Just Buy Nokia N9 with MeeGo. This same design as Lumia 800, and Linux on the board.

Mayby instaling Android could be possible, but it does not have any sense.

lordmaxey
Old
Thanks Meter 300
I have android 4.1 installed on my Nokia N9.
But there's not really any sense, it just looks very nice when you have dual boot on a mobile phone

bradddo
Old
Thanks Meter 18
i have read you can flash and dual boot android on the n9 but its not like you can just go buy one. i have never seen one around here or on sale at all. I dont think they were ever offered in canada and i have seen that they cost 600 dollars or more to buy outright without a contract.
i guess i am outta luck.