Virtuous Ten Studio (VTS) is the ultimate solution for the modification of android applications.
This program allows you to manage entire Android projects within an easy to use and familiar environment.
The intended group of users covers anyone from a themer over ROM devs up to the smali gods known for their awesome mods of existing apks.
The modifcation of smali code is one of the biggest features in VTS. You can easily decompile, edit and recompile any apk or jar file.
However, the application is not limited to smali files. You can edit almost any file found inside an apk or jar.
Virtuous Ten Studio is also the official successor to the highly important M10Tools released 2011 by the Virtuous Team.
You can easily edit any m10 file from Sense apps in order to resize or change them.
Additionally VTS brings support for un- and repacking of boot images (boot.img), a job that previously required a cygwin installation with the dsixda kitchen.
Since VTS' own implementation is a native windows solution, which means you don't need dsixda or cygwin anymore.
VTS has been designed to run on Windows, has been in development for nearly two years and has gone through many stages of testing.
Today VTS is a highly respected, multiple purpose Android IDE (Integrated Develoment Environment) suited for all your reverse engineering tasks.
XDA Portal posts
This is only a short summary of all features, a full list of features can be found here.
- Never before seen UI
- Fully featured IDE
- Seamless integration of useful third party tools
- Remote Theme Injector (RTI)
- many more
- Work with your apks just like having real java code
- Support for apks and framework jars
- Easily keep track of multiple apks/jars with the Solution Explorer
- Manage big projects with ease
- Edit smali code like never before
- Syntax highlighting
- Jumping to smali references (method calls, fields, classes, gotos)
- Help files on almost every smali command and topic
- Connection between smali code and public.xml to expose hex references
- Have a helpful look at the java source of any smali file if needed
- Paste often used smali snippets right from the editor
- Enhanced XML workflow
- Easy navigation in XML documents
- Follow XML resource paths and jump to the source file with a simple click
- Previews of color codes, images and string resources directly in the xml file
- Edit M10 files with great usability
- Support for all Sense versions (3.0, 3.5, 3.6, 4.0, 4.1, 4.5)
- Work with m10 files either with the dedicated M10-Project or via the combined APK-Project
- Decompile m10 images of all Sense versions to create HTC Sense themes
- Quickly analyze the contents with the M10-Structure viewer
- Validate your m10 changes with the syntax checker
- Unimportant m10 parts are greyed out or completely hidden
- Unpack and repack boot images (boot.img)
- Easily edit any content of your boot.img
- Dedicated syntax highlighting for *.rc and *.prop files
- Advanced support for files modes and symlinks
- Native implementation, no need for cygwin or the dsixda kitchen
- Communicate with your device with yet to be seen ease
- Tight integration of most ADB commands
- Push apks or jars easily to any place on your device
- Remote import files to edit them with VTS
- Debug your device with the integrated Logcat-Viewer
- Enhance your workflow with useful additions
- Easily create backups of your projects
- Dedicated compare interface for easy comparision of files, folders or projects
- Hundreds of other awesome features (seriously, you really have to see and try it yourself)
I've had the pleasure of beta testing and writing tuts for vts and I must say that it is the most useful, well put together program for Android that I've ever used.
I got that excited that I almost pre jacked when I first used it.
It is simply truly fxxxxng amazing.
Thank you team and testers
Diamondback and everyone involved in this project - thank you! I just started learning (this morning) and
I am already pushing out some alpha mods to the lockscreen thanks to your tool!!
It is a great tool, and I will be using it more as I learn more.
Thank you for the effort you put into this for free, it is amazing. Keep it up!
VTS has done amazing, meticulous work that has enriched, massively, the android community.
As someone that's been using your tools since they were first available, I give a HUGE thanks.
I have, like duce been innovative with m10 modding. There are probably endless options, through mostly trial and error.
The payoff on the end result is always worth it. I'll be more than happy when your next release is out.
I've been using VTS for over 2 months now and it has become the only tool I use. There are tremedous advantages and I'm still finding more. The java source tools are invaluable when working with xmls and smalis. I can now switch between projects with 3 clicks. Great program for modding.
This is probably by far the most useful thing I've used on windows lol
Ohh this is going to be awesome. I'm giddy with excitement. Great job on the app as a whole but with the upcoming m10 editing?
You guys rocked any other editor out of the water. Keep it up
Waw.. this project is being developed very fast.... many changes in the software since the last 2 months when I tried it...
Thanks alot for the hard work, and great job.
I want to give a huge THANKS for the Virtuous Team!
I finally released a working transparent HTC clock widget on One X thanks to the new editor.
I'm just glad that there are people out there smart enough to do this stuff! I was seconds away from getting a Samsung.
Thank you Diamond for this superb tool and updates!
Thanks everyone for this. I decompiled, made an edit, then recompiled my first skin last night thanks to this tool and my helpful huddle mates and teammates.
Great job VTS team and thanks for the many hours of hard work and testing.
Thank you very much Diamondback for all the hard work you put into this. You're the man!
I just tried it now And I would just say WOWWWW.....
This is awesome! [..] And again bravo for your help, HTC Sense is much sexier thanks to you
Thanks again man, I really love this
I have just found this, and it's amazing
Just dropped in to say that Virtuous Ten Studio has been an enriching experience for me
You make us feel crazy ,This tool is a bomb .
Thanks so much man, its nice to have the dev give a direct and clear response.
Awesome tool.Comes in handy many times.thank you
Dude you rock thanks so much for your kick ass creation!
These projects were created with the help of VTS, check them out (alphabetical order)
Chocolate Orange by Mr Hofs
MagioROM by grinder19
Orio One by H89P
Scratched Sense Theme by ViNOK16Bit
Sense Keyboard Themes by Guich
Tapatalk 4 Pro / Free Themes (RTI) by Whiskey103
ViperOne by Turge (Team Venom)
ViperXL by Turge (Team Venom)
ViperX Themes by fisha21 (Team Venom)
XDA Premium App Themes (RTI) by Whiskey103
Virtuous Ten Studio, Tool/Utility for the Android General
Current Stable Version: 18.104.22.16800
Stable Release Date: 2014-06-30
Last Updated 2014-10-31