[APP][ICS] AOSP MMS Confirmed Working!!!!!!!

Search This thread

F@nt0m

Mar 22, 2012
Camp Hill
i used to recieve mms on superlite 5.1 but it just stopped working...

Did you flash a new rom or kernel with the UCLD2 Radio? I believe there is something built into samsung's stock sms/mms app that enables MMS support. I tried freezing just the samsung messaging app and can not recieve mms on AOSP messaging anymore. I will try flashing back to UCALC4 or UCLC5 later tonight and see if it makes a difference....

3sixV

Feb 4, 2012
My screen won't turn on when receiving texts with this. Made it a system app but still won't work.

Skyrocket2Paradise

Feb 24, 2012
London Equador Embassy
Did you flash a new rom or kernel with the UCLD2 Radio? I believe there is something built into samsung's stock sms/mms app that enables MMS support. I tried freezing just the samsung messaging app and can not recieve mms on AOSP messaging anymore. I will try flashing back to UCALC4 or UCLC5 later tonight and see if it makes a difference....

no i havent flashed anything. evidenty i was told by mms only works with other android phones

Jarmezrocks

Mar 25, 2011
Gold Coast
tinyurl.com
Just thought I would share with you guys my experience. 1) so your aware and don't suffer any issues 2) cause there maybe a fix to a few problems here.

I was on SGSI and had AOSP ICS buil from onecosmics and as you can imagine it was the most AOSP as AOSP can be. What I had found though is over time somewhere something in the messaging app of AOSP Mms.apk it is making reference to a field or table in the .db SQLite database that Samsung doesn't. I had my phone stolen recently so through insurance I naturally stuck with Samsung and went the S2 :)
Because I was a dev (not official by any means - call me a try hard :D) in teh SGS1 section i had my phone backed up fairly regularly with the amount of flashing and moding i did so only lost 2 days of SMS. Anyway with restoring the SMS data to my SGSII I found that the Mms.apk would forceclose. It was pissing me off to no end.

I downloaded many ROMs and played around sound source apks, decompiling them and now sifting through SQLite to make heads or tails of this?:confused: I really want an AOSP themed SGSII ICS ROM build that is still Samsung because Samsung has waaay too many cool things about it, AOSP has a nice look about it so a good blend of the two will sit nicely than ever before (we've all seen abortion frankenstine ROMs that are crap....but ICS is pretty damn sleek) Anyway I diverse. In doing so I wanted to get my SMS restored quickly, I had met a girl two nights before on birthday and had her text but had not synced my contacts so I was wanting to retrieve her number :D. So back to the dilema. What to do? Flash CM9 on my nice new SGSII or figure this out. I somehow have managed to find a Samsung framework and an ICS AOSP apk (like the one in here) and install it and it works. No force closes and I have already done some small themeing....I like the ICS blue for my emoticons, so shoot me. Green reminds me too much of Gingerbread (and even that I had themed ICS and Froyo was never themed Gingerbread when it came out....it was as blue as the ocean all the way baby:p).

This apk that I have disected and themed and repackaged works and it displays the facebook contact pictures too! But not only that it works without the app as I have a full Samsung sync integration now on my SGSII. That means I can sync contacts, facebook messages and something else? Hmm I can't remember what the last one is? Calendar! Thats right! I wanted to get the old InfoAlarm that Samsung had on Gingerbread working on SGSII and have the full sync and alarms setup with the widget. So yeah you need to do a few things to get that all working....

If you guys want instructions I can show you's how....as I am not on skyrocket herculese or what every you awesome guys call your selves :p hehe.
Anyway you need to stript down the the Contactsprovider icon. And find the arrays.xml and allow for it to bring images into the contacts database via sync. See the images that you guys get now via facebook are not residing within the Contacts database they are simply a joined photo and displayed in via the app connection. Samsung under Googles recommendations when they launched Google + took this feature away, Facebook also accussed Google of harvesting peoples information by storing it in peoples on phone databases and allowing sync to Gmail and having facebook information stored on Google Servers.
Anyway Aside from all of that, I liked the old Samsung way of doing things and sync, I don't give a rip about information this and that and bla bla bla Google and FB can fight their wars. Samsung however as they always have done have been fence sitters and have never fully got into bed with Google and I doubt ever will do either? So their way around all of this was to tap into teh facebook service that was always offered for Android users and not sync as such, but connect contacts. See Samsung then doesn't store any of the facebook info in its contact database, it only allows the User to use the data that is stored inside of the facebook app database....and facebook are not going to say no to that. Tick and tick.

So if you use this app that the dev has used, you can do one of a few things? Try breakdown and mod the contacts provider...this will allow sync to the contact database including images and status etc. You will need my updated ICS SNS sync app that allows contacts to sync not just messages, and you will need to have a boot script that tells the system to keep the remaining link column open (as google forces SQLite to shut that part out - i.e. so even if you were to sync nothing will display) that way the images (and status if the app will allow it?) will display as if it was sync'd with Google+

Once I sort out my SQLite issue I will on my own phone I can upload a CWM flashable package for you guys if you want? It won't be for a while though. I am extremely busy.

James

PS: Becareful changing to the AOSP app and backagain, you may look all of your data or be forced to stay on AOSP.
PPS: I can get the connection between the contact app and Mms app working perfectly too!

Reactions: edgex and y2whisper

bad260z@yahoo.com

Dec 18, 2008
Forest Grove
Exactly what I have been looking for! Thanks for the post. Now, who knows where to find an ICS people.apk that will work with the Skyrocket?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

xallinvaynex

Feb 1, 2012
Had extremely high hopes for this but did not work for me. I don't understand why it would not work when go sms works just fine (i would rather have an aosp messenger though). Btw i use red pocket

m4570d0n

Nov 20, 2011
Houston
OnePlus 6T
Had extremely high hopes for this but did not work for me. I don't understand why it would not work when go sms works just fine (i would rather have an aosp messenger though). Btw i use red pocket

Well, if seanzscreams knows how to port the AOSP or CM9/AOKP Mms.apk to Sky ICS I can make it transparent themed. :)

I'm assuming you're on Sky ICS. If not, then just get on CM9, AOKP, Chimera, or any of the AOSP based variants and you'll have all the AOSP goodness plus a whole lot more.

xallinvaynex

Feb 1, 2012
Well, if seanzscreams knows how to port the AOSP or CM9/AOKP Mms.apk to Sky ICS I can make it transparent themed. :)

I'm assuming you're on Sky ICS. If not, then just get on CM9, AOKP, Chimera, or any of the AOSP based variants and you'll have all the AOSP goodness plus a whole lot more.

I am on AOKP and also tried CM9, none of the aosp messengers will send mms for me, though i can recieve them just fine. As soon as i use go sms they go through no problem

TheMasahiro

Oct 8, 2012
so weird thing happened here.. when i installed the Go SMS app, my native AOSP SMS app started stacking the messages into one contact... somehow the GO SMS app interfered with the AOSP sms app... so i just gonna live it installed.. hide it.. and wait for a fix one the AOSP SMS app... i hope this somehow helps to figure out the problem.

xcrazydx

Feb 3, 2012
so weird thing happened here.. when i installed the Go SMS app, my native AOSP SMS app started stacking the messages into one contact... somehow the GO SMS app interfered with the AOSP sms app... so i just gonna live it installed.. hide it.. and wait for a fix one the AOSP SMS app... i hope this somehow helps to figure out the problem.

What?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

TheMasahiro

Oct 8, 2012
What?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

basicly that... installed the Go SMS app and the AOSP mms started putting the messages in threads like it should... but now i receive two notifications.. cant disable one without disabling the other too... but somehow go sms interfered with the aosp mms app....

ActionMax09

May 30, 2012
Georgia
Wow! So much excitement. I have this in black (inverted)... only if i would of known.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Been emailing the dev back and fourth for a week or so and he JUST put it on the market not 20 minutes ago.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.concentriclivers.mms.com.android.mms

ENJOY!!!

(You have to delete your old mms, or rename it to mms.apk.bak, or you will recieve texts twice!)

Everything else seems to work perfectly.

UPDATE 4/8: MMS fixed. FC on self picture click check market for the update. Dev is touring europe for a few weeks so there probably wont be any other updates for a bit :[

If you guys really appreciate this I reccomend donating to the dev, his paypal email is in the description in the store. For all the people who had the FC issue when deleting thread or the new MMS app where the silly attachment and send button were switched and it drove you crazy.
    Just thought I would share with you guys my experience. 1) so your aware and don't suffer any issues 2) cause there maybe a fix to a few problems here.

I was on SGSI and had AOSP ICS buil from onecosmics and as you can imagine it was the most AOSP as AOSP can be. What I had found though is over time somewhere something in the messaging app of AOSP Mms.apk it is making reference to a field or table in the .db SQLite database that Samsung doesn't. I had my phone stolen recently so through insurance I naturally stuck with Samsung and went the S2 :)
    Because I was a dev (not official by any means - call me a try hard :D) in teh SGS1 section i had my phone backed up fairly regularly with the amount of flashing and moding i did so only lost 2 days of SMS. Anyway with restoring the SMS data to my SGSII I found that the Mms.apk would forceclose. It was pissing me off to no end.

I downloaded many ROMs and played around sound source apks, decompiling them and now sifting through SQLite to make heads or tails of this?:confused: I really want an AOSP themed SGSII ICS ROM build that is still Samsung because Samsung has waaay too many cool things about it, AOSP has a nice look about it so a good blend of the two will sit nicely than ever before (we've all seen abortion frankenstine ROMs that are crap....but ICS is pretty damn sleek) Anyway I diverse. In doing so I wanted to get my SMS restored quickly, I had met a girl two nights before on birthday and had her text but had not synced my contacts so I was wanting to retrieve her number :D. So back to the dilema. What to do? Flash CM9 on my nice new SGSII or figure this out. I somehow have managed to find a Samsung framework and an ICS AOSP apk (like the one in here) and install it and it works. No force closes and I have already done some small themeing....I like the ICS blue for my emoticons, so shoot me. Green reminds me too much of Gingerbread (and even that I had themed ICS and Froyo was never themed Gingerbread when it came out....it was as blue as the ocean all the way baby:p).

This apk that I have disected and themed and repackaged works and it displays the facebook contact pictures too! But not only that it works without the app as I have a full Samsung sync integration now on my SGSII. That means I can sync contacts, facebook messages and something else? Hmm I can't remember what the last one is? Calendar! Thats right! I wanted to get the old InfoAlarm that Samsung had on Gingerbread working on SGSII and have the full sync and alarms setup with the widget. So yeah you need to do a few things to get that all working....

If you guys want instructions I can show you's how....as I am not on skyrocket herculese or what every you awesome guys call your selves :p hehe.
    Anyway you need to stript down the the Contactsprovider icon. And find the arrays.xml and allow for it to bring images into the contacts database via sync. See the images that you guys get now via facebook are not residing within the Contacts database they are simply a joined photo and displayed in via the app connection. Samsung under Googles recommendations when they launched Google + took this feature away, Facebook also accussed Google of harvesting peoples information by storing it in peoples on phone databases and allowing sync to Gmail and having facebook information stored on Google Servers.
    Anyway Aside from all of that, I liked the old Samsung way of doing things and sync, I don't give a rip about information this and that and bla bla bla Google and FB can fight their wars. Samsung however as they always have done have been fence sitters and have never fully got into bed with Google and I doubt ever will do either? So their way around all of this was to tap into teh facebook service that was always offered for Android users and not sync as such, but connect contacts. See Samsung then doesn't store any of the facebook info in its contact database, it only allows the User to use the data that is stored inside of the facebook app database....and facebook are not going to say no to that. Tick and tick.

So if you use this app that the dev has used, you can do one of a few things? Try breakdown and mod the contacts provider...this will allow sync to the contact database including images and status etc. You will need my updated ICS SNS sync app that allows contacts to sync not just messages, and you will need to have a boot script that tells the system to keep the remaining link column open (as google forces SQLite to shut that part out - i.e. so even if you were to sync nothing will display) that way the images (and status if the app will allow it?) will display as if it was sync'd with Google+

Once I sort out my SQLite issue I will on my own phone I can upload a CWM flashable package for you guys if you want? It won't be for a while though. I am extremely busy.

James

PS: Becareful changing to the AOSP app and backagain, you may look all of your data or be forced to stay on AOSP.
    PPS: I can get the connection between the contact app and Mms app working perfectly too!
    So far everything has worked great for me.. haven't had a single FC. I also have it as a system app.

Thanks for posting this!

have you tried MMS?

If so the solution may be to make a system app. will try now.
    Edit, nope no change for me.
    forget i said anything lol i got confused...
    then you recieve every sms twice.

Delete the mms.apk use the 4.0 one and use go SMS no dulplicates.

Sent from my awesome Hercules
    thank me.. please