Post Reply

Android 4.0.X for Streak7 [WIP] [CM9][TEMP CLOSED]

OP giveen

24th April 2012, 04:27 PM   |  #221  
nikoltu's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Vilnius
Thanks Meter: 10
 
123 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
More
Are the devs still working on this or this project is dead cuz didn't see any news or new releases in a while?

Sent from my Dell Streak 7 using XDA Premium HD app
24th April 2012, 04:54 PM   |  #222  
Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
72 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
Need a little help. I just tried to NVflash this ROM and got the following error. Any suggestions on how to get past this? I've searched and haven't had any luck with this specific problem.

I'm running Honeycomb 3.2 trying to NVflash from a Linux PC. I've downloaded ICS_B4 twice with the same results.

nvflash --bct Streak7.bct --setbct --configfile android_2gb.cfg --create --bl bootloader.bin --odmdata 0x8b0c0011 --go
Nvflash started
rcm version 0X20001
System Information:
chip name: t20
chip id: 0x20 major: 1 minor: 3
chip sku: 0x8
chip uid: 0x0288424140604297
macrovision: disabled
hdcp: enabled
sbk burned: false
dk burned: false
boot device: emmc
operating mode: 3
device config strap: 0
device config fuse: 0
sdram config strap: 0

sending file: Streak7.bct
- 4080/4080 bytes sent
Streak7.bct sent successfully
failed executing command 6 NvError 0x120002
odm data failure NvError 0x0
command failure: bootloader download failed (bad data)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
24th April 2012, 07:01 PM   |  #223  
Wetzel402's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 39
 
240 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikoltu

Are the devs still working on this or this project is dead cuz didn't see any news or new releases in a while?

Sent from my Dell Streak 7 using XDA Premium HD app

Yes they are but they are both very busy people. It will come of age in time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagahtom

Need a little help. I just tried to NVflash this ROM and got the following error. Any suggestions on how to get past this? I've searched and haven't had any luck with this specific problem.

I'm running Honeycomb 3.2 trying to NVflash from a Linux PC. I've downloaded ICS_B4 twice with the same results.

nvflash --bct Streak7.bct --setbct --configfile android_2gb.cfg --create --bl bootloader.bin --odmdata 0x8b0c0011 --go
Nvflash started
rcm version 0X20001
System Information:
chip name: t20
chip id: 0x20 major: 1 minor: 3
chip sku: 0x8
chip uid: 0x0288424140604297
macrovision: disabled
hdcp: enabled
sbk burned: false
dk burned: false
boot device: emmc
operating mode: 3
device config strap: 0
device config fuse: 0
sdram config strap: 0

sending file: Streak7.bct
- 4080/4080 bytes sent
Streak7.bct sent successfully
failed executing command 6 NvError 0x120002
odm data failure NvError 0x0
command failure: bootloader download failed (bad data)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Just by looking at it I would confirm that your files are in fact in the folder where they belong and also confirm your usb driver.

I did have a problem one time with my Windows PC over not having my driver installed properly for one usb port. Nvflash would start but would then fail shortly after and the output in command prompt was similar to your terminal.
24th April 2012, 07:22 PM   |  #224  
giveen's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Caldwell, ID
Thanks Meter: 1,538
 
2,147 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikoltu

Are the devs still working on this or this project is dead cuz didn't see any news or new releases in a while?

Sent from my Dell Streak 7 using XDA Premium HD app

We are busy.
24th April 2012, 08:05 PM   |  #225  
Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
72 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
Thanks for the quick response Wetzel.

I was under the impression I didn't need to load any USB drivers for Linux so I'll back track on that. Also, I have the Linux version of NVflash in my path and I run it from the directory that I extracted the ICS_B4.zip into. All of the files in the zip are in the same directory.

Again, thanks for the valuable support.
24th April 2012, 08:35 PM   |  #226  
Wetzel402's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 39
 
240 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
Looked it up and according to this link:

http://www.tabletroms.com/forums/hon...gnu-linux.html

drivers are not required as you said. Maybe the link can help you cross check for syntax errors? I have a Linux install but rarely use it so I am a noob :P
24th April 2012, 11:15 PM   |  #227  
Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
72 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
Regarding the nvflash error I'm getting when I try to flash ICS_B4, I saw in the [ROM][RC2.1] HoneyStreak HD7 2.0 (3.2) forum that someone had the same issue and they dropped the odmdata switch from the command line and it installed DJ_Steve's HoneyStreak successfully.

Does anyone know what that switch does and if it is truly required for this ROM install?

sending file: Streak7.bct
- 4080/4080 bytes sent
Streak7.bct sent successfully
failed executing command 6 NvError 0x120002
odm data failure NvError 0x0
command failure: bootloader download failed (bad data)

[Edit]
Well, I broke down and pulled out my POS Windows PC and Installed this ROM. I have to say, Giveen and DJ_Steve, you guys did a GREAT job!

Thanks to everyone who tried to help with the Linux NVflash issue.
Last edited by nagahtom; 25th April 2012 at 08:56 PM.
25th April 2012, 08:14 PM   |  #228  
chipis's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Somewhre in a cave
Thanks Meter: 91
 
967 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2008
More
Guys iam gona get Dell Trek 7" its worth the try?

SuperChargeV8 HellsFuego Phonix.
25th April 2012, 10:06 PM   |  #229  
giveen's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Caldwell, ID
Thanks Meter: 1,538
 
2,147 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipis

Guys iam gona get Dell Trek 7" its worth the try?

SuperChargeV8 HellsFuego Phonix.

Please start a thread in the General section, or read the countless other threads there about it.
26th April 2012, 03:14 AM   |  #230  
giveen's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Caldwell, ID
Thanks Meter: 1,538
 
2,147 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
Donate to Me
More
Device tree download now available on github, please see original post for link.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes