5,594,386 Members 36,774 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Verizon force removing grandfathered "Unlimited Data"

Tip us?

boosterp
Old
(Last edited by boosterp; 25th April 2012 at 07:35 AM.)
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ktvs View Post
P.S I sit at 65GB on AT&T and no throttling. Eat that verizon
55 gig right now on LTE an I am still getting 12Mbps dl speeds, what's yours? I'll post a screenshot if you do an we'll see who's the better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tastywheat View Post
I really came in under the wire on this one. I upgraded about three months ago; still have my unlimited data. I never really understood why providers are simply eliminating unlimited plans rather than charging exorbitant amounts of money which plenty of people would pay.
Because there is no money in voice or text anymore, it's all about data.[COLOR="Silver"]

My test:

---------- Post added at 01:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 AM ----------
I drink beer yes I do.

4ktvs
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by boosterp View Post
55 gig right now on LTE an I am still getting 12Mbps dl speeds, what's yours? I'll post a screenshot if you do an we'll see who's the better.

Because there is no money in voice or text anymore, it's all about data.[COLOR="Silver"]

My test:

---------- Post added at 01:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 AM ----------
I will do better than a pic, I will upload a 9 min 720p 2GB video showing my issue with verizon.

My upload speeds are not the best, so it will take a bit.

Link to guy getting throttled at 60GB: http://www.phonearena.com/news/Is-Ve...ds-too_id22818
Phones right now:
Samsung galaxy S2 On At&t

Verizon galaxy S4, S3 is non active.

Cell phones before: Motorola KRZR K1

Droid RAZR on verizon x2: It went Back to verizon, because IT SUCKED!!!!!!!!

Samsung galaxy S3 on US cellular with 4G LTE Unlimited data. ( Max was 21/10 avg was 5-8 down and 2-4 up) Only had it for a day

nerdydesi
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:

P.S I sit at 65GB on AT&T and no throttling. Eat that verizon
Can you tell me please how you are doing that without very high overage fees or throttling from ATT? Because ATT now has set throttling limits for grandfathered unlimited customers, 5gb for LTE and 3gb for non-LTE. Are you on some certain plan and/or phone to use that much data without anything happening?

I will enjoy my Verizon unlimited LTE data while I can. I sadly do expect them to remove us from it sometime this year or throttling us like ATT. I am out of contract since this month and wondering if I should renew or buy phones off-contract to keep my unlimited data?

boosterp
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Nerdy,
Right now there is no indication VZW will remove the unlim data plan. Hell, it took them 5 yrs to finally phase out the Altel mobile broadband unlim data and that was dine through not supporting Altel devices anymore. VZW sent out letters letting the off contract customers know.
I drink beer yes I do.

nerdydesi
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Link to guy getting throttled at 60GB: http://www.phonearena.com/news/Is-Ve...ds-too_id22818
Hmm, I've used more than 60gb with Verizon and have never been throttled so far. I've been using their service since their first LTE phone, the Thunderbolt, launched in March 2011.

4ktvs
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Here is the video showing my issue with verizon:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZYLU...hannel&list=UL

My S2 has ICS on it, so it's a bit buggy. But it was still faster than the razr by a lot.
Phones right now:

Samsung galaxy S3 on US cellular with 4G LTE Unlimited data. ( Max was 21/10 avg was 5-8 down and 2-4 up) Only had it for a day

85gallon
Old
Thanks Meter 652
Quote:
Here is the video showing my issue with verizon:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZYLU...hannel&list=UL

My S2 has ICS on it, so it's a bit buggy. But it was still faster than the razr by a lot.
How many times are you going to post that tired-assed video?
Transmitter and Receiver Of Laser Light

If I helped, please hit the Thanks button. It only takes one finger.

4ktvs
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by 85gallon View Post
How many times are you going to post that tired-assed video?
1) It's a new video

2) I only did becuase he wanted speed test, so I gave him some.

3) your just mad that some one could have an issue with crap you have.

4) Before you ask: I have gone to both the FCC and the BBB. ( I did that yesterday and now will wait for there reply.)
Phones right now:

Fltmobileuser
Old
Thanks Meter 71
Quote:
1) It's a new video

2) I only did becuase he wanted speed test, so I gave him some.

3) your just mad that some one could have an issue with crap you have.

4) Before you ask: I have gone to both the FCC and the BBB. ( I did that yesterday and now will wait for there reply.)

Verizon is not slowing you down at all. You need to get your account rebuilt and your problems will go away. The same exact problem happened to a friend of mine who had 4 devices replaced. Now posting the same false info in every post is border line trolling and should earn you time in a corner
The Following User Says Thank You to Fltmobileuser For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Product F(RED)
Old
Thanks Meter 2436

DONATE TO ME
I don't care if you guys disagree with me or insult or whatever you want for saying this, but you're ridiculous for using that much data on a mobile device. You are the reason carriers are switching to tiered plans, and you're the reason networks are strained and other users don't get adequate connections.

HTC Evo 4G -> HTC Evo 3D/Nexus S 4G -> Galaxy S II -> iPhone 4S -> Galaxy S II -> Galaxy Nexus -> Galaxy S3 i9300 -> Galaxy Note 2 i317 -> Galaxy Note 2 T889

The Following User Says Thank You to Product F(RED) For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]