[Q] First NC Full Root

OP derekr44

25th April 2012, 11:26 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Arizona
Thanks Meter: 199

410 posts
More
I purchased a Nook Color about a month and a half ago and have been running CM 7.2 from the SD card ever since. I love it and am ready to take the plunge and put it on the device itself without running it from the card. With that said, I settled on Kang's ROM because of what others have said about it.

However, I am running into a problem when trying to start the root process...

I've tried using uNooter, Auto-Nooter and the Size-Agnostic nooter all with the same outcome. I'm placing the image on the SD card properly, because I can put Kang's ROM on there and install it to the SD card just fine. My issue is that when I follow the instructions on the CyanogenMod Wiki, I get stuck between "Gaining Root Access - Step 5" and "Install a Custom Recovery Image."

I get the driver prompts on the desktop and cancel them as instructed, then the NC just sits there; no boots, no reboots. So I pull the card out as instructed and power it up. There is no "Extras" option in the NC, so I can't go to ROM Manager and install ClockworkMod Recovery and go from there. It seems as if the nooter isn't working as intended, or I missed a step somewhere.

Any help is appreciated, otherwise I'll just continue to run it off the SD card.
25th April 2012, 11:48 PM   |  #2  
Kay See Emmoh
Thanks Meter: 131

288 posts
Give the method in my sig a shot. Let us know.

Sent from the Center of My Mind
The Following User Says Thank You to MISRy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th April 2012, 12:17 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Arizona
Thanks Meter: 199

410 posts
More
Many thanks, MISRy. This was pretty much a summary of what I had seen across multiple threads. My issue was with steps 4 & 5. It would not boot into Clockwork Mod Recovery no matter what I did.

Then I found the answer, and it made me feel sorta dumb I was supposed to hold down the power button with n until it booted.

I'm installing Kang now as I type this...
The Following User Says Thank You to derekr44 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th April 2012, 04:09 PM   |  #4  
Kay See Emmoh

288 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekr44

... I'm installing Kang now as I type this...

Woot!
27th April 2012, 07:53 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 306

1,008 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekr44

Many thanks, MISRy. This was pretty much a summary of what I had seen across multiple threads. My issue was with steps 4 & 5. It would not boot into Clockwork Mod Recovery no matter what I did.

Then I found the answer, and it made me feel sorta dumb I was supposed to hold down the power button with n until it booted.

I'm installing Kang now as I type this...

Not a big deal, but just for clarity "Kang" just means "unofficial cyanogenmod build." There's nobody named "kang" (that's what your first post suggests). But yeah, we've all been there. All the complex stuff we breeze through only to spend a half hour missing the super-simple instruction. Good luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to slack04 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th April 2012, 02:40 PM   |  #6  
Kay See Emmoh

288 posts
Whaddaya mean there's nobody named Kang?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kang.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	3.4 KB
ID:	1027312  
The Following User Says Thank You to MISRy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread